More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 23:53:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Good clothes using Maxis meshes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good clothes using Maxis meshes?  (Read 4449 times)
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Good clothes using Maxis meshes?
« on: 2007 June 10, 17:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like to use a lot of custom meshes because I feel like it slows down the loading of my game and it's annoying to have seventy katrillion meshes of almost the same thing... so I mainly stick to Maxis meshes. It's somewhat difficult for me to find good clothes that use the Maxis meshes, though. My main source is Hairfish's Mermaid Cove. I can't seem to find any more sites that have good recolors/re-textures of the maxis meshes, so I was wondering if anyone knew of other sites with a decent selection.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Re: Good clothes using Maxis meshes?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 10, 18:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out Animera at MTS2. She's got some cute little dresses for adult females that are based on the simple slip mesh by Maxis. She's also got some really cute kids clothes, but I think they're all new meshes. Also check out Hysterical Paryoxysm. I think he (or she) is the one that did the recolors on the Nightlife 'disco' outfit for men that are pretty nice.

I've also gotten some cute 'meshless' stuff from Parsimonious. You have to dig a bit there, though, since they have a lot of stuff and it's not organized super well. They also have some really freaky patterns that would make most people's eyes bleed. But there are still some really nice gems hidden in there.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 10, 18:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still mourning the demise of SageSims (mostly elders, but also some nice stuff for adults), but fanseelamb at MTS2 has some good stuff.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 10, 20:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have over 300 files in my Saved Sims folder, and around 3/4 of that is other creators' textures that I've applied to Maxis meshes.  Go ahead and download the stuff that looks good, most of it can be converted to an existing mesh without too many issues.  Some are so close, MS Paint is good enough for the copy/paste work that it takes.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 10, 21:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mercosims rocks the socks off of all jocks.

http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/makeovers.html

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 10, 23:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sublime Sims and Simcastic have clothes that are mostly maxis meshes.
http://www.sublimesims.net
http://www.simcasticdesigns.com/

-Skadi

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 11, 01:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it is a disgusting hellhole of crap to wade through, but there were some nice recolours on TSR before people started doing different meshes. If you tried, perhaps, searching by date for clothing, with oldest first, you might actually find some decent stuffs.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 11, 08:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sophel21 at TSR has some lovely (IMO) maxis meshed based clothing (you just need a little boot-ay, 'cos she is a F-A Grin) also search for bethbrit, privetNnata, RockinRobin and simal10 at TSR (non-FA's). I am sure they do some maxis mesh based clothing for all different ages. I just looked at my folders in my D/L's so I might be wrong. Worth looking though.

I love Hairfish's stuff too.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 19, 01:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This website does have a decent amount of clothes based off custom meshes, but they do quite a bit of shirts that don't require anything. And they have a few full outfits that don't require any meshes-- my favorite is the one on page 17. You can usually tell from the picture whether it's based on a custom mesh or not.

http://www.sims2fog.own.cz

I sing along with elevator music.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 19, 01:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I would just search MTS2, but filter my search(es) to include only recolours of Maxis meshes. I've found quite a lot of goodies that way.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: