More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 11:03:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Ultimate Hotel
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Ultimate Hotel  (Read 3447 times)
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Ultimate Hotel
« on: 2007 March 07, 19:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that Squinge and InSim, had now updated for Seasons, both a Sleep on Community Lot, and Use Showers on a Community Lot.
Now for my question(s)

Can any one out there point me in the direction of creating The Ultimate Hotel
 - Like Vacation for Sims 1, I want to send my familes to a Lot, and have them be able to book a room
(By using a door hack or something, which will lock the door to the family and Cleaning NPCs)

- A way that the family is made to pay for their say, either by hour or by the days spent there.

- A way that they can park their car in a drive way like a normal house lot.

- A way in which to set the lot with a set weather (ie. Winter, Summer etc)
(I have found a hack at MTS2 that is a buyable of the item from aspirations, and has been hacked for unlimited use)
(But id like to be able to set that when i build the lot (or update a lot) and always keep it winter)

- Disable the mailbox from billing the family on the lot for living there. (as OFB will make them pay, if modable)

[I'm sure I have a lot more question and requests, but this would be a good start]

I know I'm not asking much, and i don't expect to get answers straight away, as im sure im not the only person looking for something like this, this might be a good project for some of the modders to work on.

And if any one else has any wishes for a Hotel/Vacation Lot, they could add them here, and maybe we could get some where with it?
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: The Ultimate Hotel
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 07, 20:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just wait til the Sims 2 version of Vacation. It will probably be the next EP anyway. ::: gags :::

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 07, 20:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd probably be better off proposing this as a project at MTS2, or asking Squinge at Insim.  The modders on this site generally don't do requests, instead they make hacks that suit their game and then share those hacks with us non-awesome types.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 20:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does any one know if any of these mods are available any where?
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 21:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does any one know if any of these mods are available any where?

If you can hold on for about a day and check back then, I will have a solution for most or all the points you listed.

---Door locked except for family.  I'm going to check out an old simlogical door and if it works it will solve this.

---OFB's Electrono Ticket machine will charge a set hourly fee to use the lot.

---if the sim/family has a car and uses it to visit the lot, it wouldn't be possible to have it park in a driveway, but the car would park out on the street and stay there.

---disable mailbox. wouldn't be necessary, it would be a community lot.  Using the mods you mentioned, sleep and shower on community lot, the sim/family technically would be just visiting and not actually living there.

---I'm in the process of writing a mini guide that will explain how seasons/weather works when visiting a community lot and it will also explain how to set weather almost permanently for a community lot.  (Using Simwardrobes Seasons and Weather controller).

I think that covers all the points you had Smiley
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 08, 00:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou Kralore, ill check back soon.
Yeah im not in any rush for it, but thankyou.
Will look forward to seeing ur post.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 08, 00:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At dinnerbell there is a restaurant podium specially tweaked for use on hotels.  The original forces non-controllable sims to leave as soon as they eat, and is so attractive they do nothing else *but* eat.   Mine allows them to eat when and if they are hungry and use the other facilities between times.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 08, 11:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For charging, Pescado's money order and Monique's payer/payee thing would both work to make sure the family is billed. Though they might not get charged til they got back home - but that'd be rather like paying off the credit card, wouldn't it?

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: