More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 16:35:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for tutorial on making combined clothing packages?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for tutorial on making combined clothing packages?  (Read 3792 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Looking for tutorial on making combined clothing packages?
« on: 2006 November 23, 21:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did search, but I couldn't seem to find anything related to a tutorial.  I am looking for a tutorial on how to combine two or more outfits, from the same mesh, into one small package.

I have seen that the GLS female formals were extracted, catergorized to casual, and then made as a single package by Simscorner called "_GLSFemaleEveryday" and is only 20 kb which is awesome!  That's what I was wondering if there is a tutorial for that?

Or if it is too complicated a procedure?

Thank you
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Looking for tutorial on making combined clothing packages?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 23, 22:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's just the material definitons.  Since the textures (which are the big files) are already in the game, all that's really done is change a number in the material definitions to enable the clothing as everyday as well as formal.
You can't make custom clothing that small.  (Unless you've made a mesh that can use an existing maxis texture.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 24, 22:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that's exactly what I would like to do.  I changed the male teens undies, (tank tops + boxers) into pajamas, so I have 6 duplicate files for those ones.  Also did the same thing for the other adult and elder jogging suits, made duplicates to show up in athletic.

So I would need to just change the material definitions of these Maxis outfits?  So how would I go about doing this?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 24, 23:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First you need to find those material definition files in the original game packages.  The easiest way to do that is to search with the resource finder in SimPE.  When you find the correct material definitions, you extract them, then make a new package file and import them, then you need to change the "category" string.  I'm not sure about the numbers, someone else will have to help you with those.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 25, 13:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no real benefit to combining two outfits that use different textures in the same package. The REAL benefit is in combining two outfits for different age categories running on related but different meshes that use the same texture, as in recolors of teen/adult meshes from Maxis, where the teen and adult meshes both exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 25, 21:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks JMP, but I'm just trying to find a way to keep my downloads, specially clothes, down to a minimum.  I just figured if Simbaby did it, perhaps I could too?!  Smiley
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 26, 01:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the point was to enable the clothing for other categories, without just making a copy in bodyshop and getting a bloated duplicate.
I hope someone has a tutorial.  I know how to do it, but I'm not in the mood for writing a tutorial, and I'm not much good at explaining anyway.

Oh, and it's the Property Sets, not Material Definitions you need to edit.  My bad...

Edit:
I actually found something!   Two tutorials by Windkeeper, the first one is not actually related, but it does tell you how to find the original bits in SimPE.   You just need the Property Sets of the clothes you are changing.
Then use the second part of this tutorial, the bit that tells you how to edit a package directly, for the category numbers.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 26, 01:52:43 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 26, 08:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the point was to enable the clothing for other categories, without just making a copy in bodyshop and getting a bloated duplicate.
I hope someone has a tutorial.  I know how to do it, but I'm not in the mood for writing a tutorial, and I'm not much good at explaining anyway.
Never, ever, copy an outfit under bodyshop, unless you actually intend to graphically modify it. Just don't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 26, 23:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you so much Gwiil, exactly what I was looking for!! and yes JMP, I know, copying bodyshop bad, that's why I wanted to know how Simbaby was doing the combo package thingy!!  Cheesy

omg, I'm looking for the property set names for the other jogging suits, and the colors are named like this . . .

mintwalk
lavenderjog
redrun

walk, jog, run bahahahaha and redrun is almost murder backwords too!! LMFAO!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: