More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 20:53:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Turn off car stereo bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Turn off car stereo bug  (Read 3196 times)
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
Turn off car stereo bug
« on: 2006 September 27, 14:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I searched and found nothing pertaining to this specifically.

Recently, I've noticed that if I use a car stereo and then attept to turn it off, the sim(s) in the car 'jump' somewhere else on the lot (though they're still playable, selectable, etc) and the stereo keeps playing.

I can turn it on or change the station without any problem, but the only way I found to turn the damn thing off is to sell the car and buy a new one.  Not good.  =/

I'm running UNI + NL + OFB + FFS + almost the entire DC and a few assorted hacks by mostly the modders here, though for the life of me I can't think of any of them that should have anything to do with this.

Any ideas?

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Turn off car stereo bug
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 27, 14:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn on debug mode and when the sim jumps, your game should generate an error log. Attach it here.

Also, I vaguely recall a hack from MTS2 related to radios and cars. I forget what it's supposed to do exactly, but I think it might be from Numenor. it either prevents or forces sims to turn off the radio or something. *shrugs*

Anyways, post an error log regardless, in case it happens to be a Maxis bug.

Ste

KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 27, 14:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn on debug mode and when the sim jumps, your game should generate an error log. Attach it here.

Also, I vaguely recall a hack from MTS2 related to radios and cars. I forget what it's supposed to do exactly, but I think it might be from Numenor. it either prevents or forces sims to turn off the radio or something. *shrugs*

Anyways, post an error log regardless, in case it happens to be a Maxis bug.

Ste

Oooh... now you mention it..  I think I *do* have a hack by Numenor that makes sims ... oh wait.  The one I use is to make them turn off TVs, not stereos.  I use custom MP3s for most stations and like to leave the tunes on, so I don't think that's it.

Anyways, it probably won't be today (if I fire it up, I'll be there half the day and I got things to do sorta-soonish), but I'll post that log ASAP.  I kinda doubt it's a maxian bug though (hah!  say that with a straight face! LOL) since if it were, I'd expect my searches to turn up *something*.   But eh, we'll see I suppose and hopefully find some sort of solution.  Smiley

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 27, 14:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numenor also has a hack where the car stereo is turned off if the sim gets out of the car.
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 30, 07:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As promised:

Never done an attachment before on here, so hopefuly it'll work.  It's just a plain error log in txt format, and it's pretty greek to me ^_^

Thanks for looking.  Smiley

-Kitt
« Last Edit: 2006 October 02, 02:51:49 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 30, 17:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be a bug in the code. I'm looking into a fix for it now.

ETA: No it's not a bug after all, just a type of code I wasn't familiar with. So, it's got to be a hack or something else causing the problem. If you temporarily remove your custom music do you still get the error? I'd try that as well as removing all cc from the game just to test and see if that fixes the problem.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 30, 19:35:29 by twojeffs » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: