More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 03:03:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Broken grade meter
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken grade meter  (Read 3958 times)
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Broken grade meter
« on: 2006 July 28, 01:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the problem described in this thread and this thread.  I have a sim who has all the necessary skills for her major/semester, but her grade meter is stuck at the lowest position.

A couple possibly relavent details:
1) She's an ex-NPC (cheerleader)
2) University is the only expansion I have.  I do have the post-Uni patch.
3) It's a fraternity lot I founded, not a maxis lot.

Things I've tried:
1) Lowering then regaining her skills to try to get it to re-fix it.
2) Changing majors with the college adjuster.
3) Fiddling with the semester/grade/etc. with the college adjuster.
4) Moving her out of the lot then back in - this has worked for me in the past every time, but for her, her meter is fine once she's on another lot, but gets screwed up again once she's back.
5) Moving her out, completing a semester, moving her back in (same effect as above)

I am not going to bulldoze the lot - I'd kill this particular sim first, but I'd like to find a solution in case this happens to a more important sim in the future.  This is a lot I'd like to keep using, so if it's bugged, I'd like to fix it somehow.  I've heard moving everyone out, lotbinning, packaging, then re-deploying a lot can squash bugs in it.  Does it work, or is that just an urban legend?  If so, is it possible for the lot to keep all its objects (custom paintings, tombstones, etc.) intact?
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
Re: Broken grade meter
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 28, 01:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's any consolation, this has happened to me, and it's been a display bug only - the Sim in question has gone on to make the Dean's list. I'd stick College Rampage on and forget about it.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
redmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 28, 06:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also happens to me, but it happens with every sim that goes to uni, even the maxis made sims.

It's not that big a deal for me, as Jack said above, just use College Rampage and switch off. Anyway, for me,  it sorta makes uni slightly more interesting not knowing what level their grade is at.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 28, 12:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, that happens when you use a no-CD crack.
If you are, try a different one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 28, 14:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen in Greek houses with Maxis-made Sims.  One or two will be affected, the other residents of the house not affected, so I don't think it has to do with the lot.  In my case, the affected Sims' grade meters were fine in the dorm or private house from whence they came, but got messed up when they moved to the Greek house.

I don't use the rampage thing, but I made sure they kept up with their studies, and would take them to a community lot (where the meter would display correctly) if I wasn't sure if they'd studied enough.  The affected Sims all graduated Summa Cum Laude and have had normal adult lives.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 28, 18:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also happens to me, but it happens with every sim that goes to uni, even the maxis made sims.

Just FYI, Maxis-made Sims are very often bugged. User-created Sims and their children have technical difficulties FAR less often.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 28, 21:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what happened to one of my students:

He had the maximum grade and the required skills, and after installing OFB (what a surprise!), it had the grade meter capped at minimum.

Still, I continued playing, as a low grade could be compensated in the next semester.

However, the result of the exam was a round 4.0! So the game kept the student's grade, although it showed a very low grade.

It was a born in-game sim, so the bug wasn't so serious after all Smiley

fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 29, 04:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like I can just ignore it...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: