More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 09:10:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Thanks For the Perma-Plat, But Two of Them Ain't My Kids!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Thanks For the Perma-Plat, But Two of Them Ain't My Kids!  (Read 2452 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Thanks For the Perma-Plat, But Two of Them Ain't My Kids!
« on: 2006 July 04, 23:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I happened to make Nina Caliente selectable on another lot and noticed that she had gone perma-plat and had a memory of graduating 3 Sims from college.  Now, she has NEVER had that lifetime want, it's always been Hall of Famer, yet she had the memory sitting there.  To make things worse, she only has one kid.  The other two she has memories of graduating are Dina's twins to Mortimer.  Surely the second patch hasn't made it so that nieces and nephews count towards this LTW?  At least she had to graduate 3 children and not 2 before she got it, it's just a pity that the majority of them weren't actually hers.  I also noticed that her son had the memory of growing-up well twice, once after graduating and again after moving back into the neighbourhood.  Nina also had this memory twice (as did his father, Don Lothario).  Also, when he moved in, he was no longer wearing the clothes he'd been wearing when he left Uni (as chosen via the clothing tool), although they were in his wardrobe.  I put him back into them and used the Regenerate Portraiture thingy a few times, otherwise nothing was any different.  Seems as if he might have gone a bit buggy on the way back from Uni.

I just hope that every Sim with 3 children, or 1 kid & 2 nieces/nephews/whatever isn't going to have this LTW forced onto them like this, otherwise they'll all be going perma-plat at any given moment.  Hopefully it's a one-off related to Dion's weirdness on the way home, but it still seems odd that Nina had this LTW forced onto her when it wasn't there when I last played her lot.  She also doesn't seem to have got the points for achieving this LTW, just the memory.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 04, 23:50:03 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Thanks For the Perma-Plat, But Two of Them Ain't My Kids!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 05, 01:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is an ongoing SWAF corruption in Ancient Sim land. But yes, it seems like any relative has always counted, since they just count the memories. I guess it doesn't actually say they have to be YOURS. That makes it somewhat of a less hellish LTW, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 05, 02:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I had someone (John Burb, I think) go permaplat with the same LTW when Angela and Lilith Pleasant graduated from college, while Lucy was still in college.  Couldn't understand why he did at the time, but then I read somewhere that any memory of a relative graduating counts towards this, and it usually only takes 2, not three to trip it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Anne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 05, 02:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is an ongoing SWAF corruption in Ancient Sim land.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one... (I think?)  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: