More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 13:24:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  University problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: University problem  (Read 6385 times)
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
University problem
« on: 2006 March 08, 17:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. I have both EP and my base game is the Holiday Pack.
With Uni, my sims won't go to class. they can study, but they go on pobation. when i click on them, i get the option to meditate. I've reloaded Uni 3 times, with the same results. The problem was happinging before i loaded my hacks, so i know it's not them. Also, the patch didn't help. none of the problems it was for, i have in my game.
 Huh
here's a list of my hacks.

Help if you can.

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Hacks

11/23/2005 09:32a 1,640 MQ_Do_Homework_Mod.package
11/05/2005 10:13p 816 LotFullofSims0x0177.package
10/15/2005 04:30p 1,791 ijCribGetOutAll.package
09/24/2005 11:08a 100,415 triplets&quadsmod_RandomOnly_v2_4.package
09/17/2005 10:14p 8,441 Sitter1f.package
09/17/2005 10:12p 8,441 Sitter1f-nosw.package
08/09/2005 07:20p 564 NoTeenRunaway.package
06/27/2005 01:56a 675 call-anyone.package
05/17/2005 09:57p 5,292 LizzLove SwingerBed_01a.package
05/17/2005 09:56p 6,059 LizzLove SwingerBed_with pregnacy_01.package
01/23/2005 01:30p 2,365,061 S2L_teen_woohoo_basic_v1b.package
01/09/2005 03:14p 1,592 S2L_teen_woohoo_less_shooing_v1a.off
01/09/2005 11:00a 188 S2L_teen_woohoo_less_modesty_in_hottub_v1a.package
01/09/2005 10:55a 334 S2L_teen_woohoo_no_jealousy_v1a.off
10/31/2004 09:39a 2,082 NoEmptyPot.package
10/26/2004 06:51p 11,049 ME_EnergizerPainting.package
16 File(s) 2,514,440 bytes

All your base are belong to us.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: University problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 08, 17:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. I have both EP and my base game is the Holiday Pack.
With Uni, my sims won't go to class. they can study, but they go on pobation. when i click on them, i get the option to meditate. I've reloaded Uni 3 times, with the same results. The problem was happinging before i loaded my hacks, so i know it's not them. Also, the patch didn't help. none of the problems it was for, i have in my game.

Which EPs do you have? Uni is one but what is the other? NL or OFB?
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 08, 17:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I have NL

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 08, 17:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it an hour or less from the beginning of their scheduled class time when you try to send them? Do they leave for class on their own at the scheduled time if they are in a good mood?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 17:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It really seems like there must be something in there that you don't know about.  Have you used clean installer.  I have been putting all my hacks in folders(long process)and everything else is loose.  Yesterday I found an extra phone controller(old version) in the bulk of my downloads.  I had no idea that it had been missed.  It fixed a lot of my probs.  You said that it happened with out downloads in your game but you listed your hacks.  I'm a bit confused.  Were downloads in or not??
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 08, 18:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the clean installer. my downloads folder is broken up by hacks, walls, floor, objects, & recolours. everything else is 'lose.'

Is it an hour or less from the beginning of their scheduled class time when you try to send them? Do they leave for class on their own at the scheduled time if they are in a good mood?

They don't even get the prompt to go to class. I'm pretty good about keeping my sims in a good mood, but the prompt doesn't come up. I tried sending one sim to the edge of the lot and hoped she'd just go.

I also don't get a notice that a final is coming up. I played through one semester, hoping i could figure it out, but all i got was a red grade bar and a notice that my sim was on probation.

But she did type up her term paper in 2 hours.

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 21:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you not get the college -> go to class option when clicking on the offending students?
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 08, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. . .  when i click on them, i get the option to meditate.

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 08, 21:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Yes. Unfortunately that is not quite the same. Tongue So you don't have the college menu at all - they can't do assignments either?

And they are all young adults, correct? I ask because I have a weird bug where my female sims would move to college and queue up two age transitions in a row.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 09, 14:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well . . . I built them in the Uni CAS, so I'm pretty sure they were YA. I made sure they all have computers, so they do their term papers after declaring their major. I can get them to do group reaserch, and regular skill building, but that's about it.

I'm THIS close to tearing my hair out.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 09, 15:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of residence are they in? I've noticed various sorts of oddness with pre-made Maxis Uni houses, not so much dorms. Even houses I've made have gone rather funny before, and I had exactly your problem with one of my houses that had a greek charter. Have you tried moving them to a different residence at all? The problem may well be with the lot, for whatever reason.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 09, 15:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure why ZephyrZodiac hasn't turned up in this thread, I think she actually had a similar problem when she first installed Uni and ended up having a bad install; reinstalling it fixed the problem.

You might also double and triple check that you don't have any pre-University versions of hacks which alter the click-on-self pie menu. You can never check too many times.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 09, 16:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of residence are they in?

I started off in a private house, and when the sim wouldn't go to class, i thought it was the house, so i moved her into a dorm, with similar results. So i deleated the sim, uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, went to a different university and moved directly in a dorm. Same thing.

Maybe my sims don't need a College education  Sad

I'll go over my folders again tonight. Maybe I'll turn up something.

ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 13, 16:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I spent a *tedious* 14+ hours yesterday trying to figure this out. I took the D/L folder and put it on the desktop, and made a new one in the game. I left TwoJeff's lot debugger as my only d/l and went into the game.

note: the sims is really dull without any d/l

Anyway, I built a whole new sim and sent her to a dorm. She regestered and had a night class so I let her skill build and write her term paper. An hour before the class, I got the ofte told, but never seen, '---has class in one hour'

I nearly wet myself with joy. Cheesy

She went to class and came back without incident, so I saved and had her lock her room door. Thanks to my new handy-dandy lot debugger,I was able to force an error on them when they froze and get everybody moving again.

I then exited the game, put in more stuff from the main folder on the desktop and restarted the game. I did this every few times she came and went without incident.

Finally, I used the backpack, stole half of the stuff out of the dorm and moved her into a one bedroom house.
*No Roomies!!!* Grin

Actually, it was kind of funny. I changed the front door to the college 'claim' door and had her lock it, so that the stupid mascots couldn't get into my house.

Now, the cow and the llama are constinty doing their homework on my lot, then coming to the door to complain that their path is blocked.

I know!! I did it on purpose!! Tongue

So anyway, what got left out of the folders look like duplicate files, but they were put in after I started having problems in August when I got the game.

So, now I'm really confused, Huh but they go to class, so that's all I care about.

On a lighter note, I decided to try the matchmaker, and she sent me Goopy(rejected on principle), and a robber named Gordon.
WTF
That was a total waste of money. I think I'm going to start deleting her off my lot when she comes to geet every house I put a sim in.

My Sim eventually fell for Kennedy Cox and now they're engaged. It could be worse. It could be Goopy.

audcand
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 24, 02:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this post is over two months old, but I myself had this problem.  I also had the same teen woohoo hacks as you, and after removing all my hacks and adding them back one at a time, I found out that it was the teen woohoo. I'm not sure if was incompatible or not, I only had the lizzlove bed hack, the twins & quads hack, and the no default formalwear hack.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 24, 05:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim eventually fell for Kennedy Cox and now they're engaged. It could be worse. It could be Goopy.
Agreed Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: