More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 21:02:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB - Two weird comm lot business things
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB - Two weird comm lot business things  (Read 2208 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
OFB - Two weird comm lot business things
« on: 2006 April 27, 20:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a comm lot business with a ticket machine (no open/close sign) and two weird things happened at this lot...

1 - I took another playable sim to this lot with a date. The owner was there working the DJ booth, cleaning, etc. I made my sim buy a ticket but the date stood at the ticket machine with the buy bar over his head so I waited and waited...the date counter was counting down but even though there was more time left on the clock the date bailed out and said, "the date was okay..blah..blah..blah..), he then left the lot.

2 - I had my sim stay on this lot after the date left. A couple of sim hours later the owner (who I wasn't controlling at the time obviously) left the lot (was hungry). There is a grill on this lot, so I don't know why he didn't make something. He didn't shoo people out or anything, he just walked off the lot like a regular customer. The business remained opened and the customers were still being charged (my sim included) only the owner wasn't there.

Has anyone had these occurrences? How can you have a date on a lot with the ticket machine if the date won't pay? Is the owner leaving the lot a potential problem? What if this was a business using cash registers and the owner left like that?
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Re: OFB - Two weird comm lot business things
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 27, 21:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like typical Maxis FUBARed design to me Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: OFB - Two weird comm lot business things
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 27, 21:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar thing happen with a ticket machine at a home business.  The owner left the shop open and went to get an alarm installed on his car.  He left, and customers stayed, were still charged.  Then I had him get a real job and go to work, same thing.  Maybe it's because the owners in those types of lots really don't have to do much of anything unless they do have a dj booth or bar.

The End.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: