More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 08:18:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Sims are spending too much $
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sims are spending too much $  (Read 15850 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: My Sims are spending too much $
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 16, 12:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windy Moons Suck.

I'm touched! Smiley

How can the moon be windy, anyway? There's no real atmosphere on the moon. Stupid Windy Moon.

Agree that the name is completely illogical.

Fits me.

@ Renatus:

I hear what you are saying about ethnicity in the game, didn't mean to ignore it.  I'm afraid I'm not that good at making Sims, so I accept what I'm given. 

Spent a lot of time once trying to make an Asian Sim and gave up.  She looked ridiculous.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 16, 12:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see, Windy. That's another reason why the default templates bother me - not everyone is going to be able to make sims that look right if they venture outside of the templates. I'm relatively proficient at drawing and it took me a good long time to get comfortable with Body Shop - as it is, it takes me hours to make a sim that looks just the way I want it, especially if I'm using a real person as a model.

If I can ever get my shit together enough I'll have to make my own set of default replacements. Yeah, that and my ten other projects...

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 16, 15:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like using Body Shop because of the additional options for fine tuning facial features, but I have a hard time seeing in body shop.  The model isn't large enough or something.

Then there's the whole mess of genetics blending.  The more you mess with the slideys, the more likely you are to have some fugly offspring.  That's why pretty much all of my CAS sims are slight variations on four of the Maxis templates.

On the topic of Wanda Tinker, she was my first irrationally angry customer when I started OFB. Since the initial encounter, she's been coaxed up to four loyalty stars for the same business.  I've yet to play the Tinker's for real.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 16, 16:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] The more you mess with the slideys, the more likely you are to have some fugly offspring.

If you only use the fine tune options in Body Shop, your sim is likely to have unnatural looking (to say the least) offspring.

For better results, you should blend in the facial presets first, and only then proceed to the fine-tuning.

Let's say you want thinner eyebrows - instead of adjusting the eyebrow thickness, try to find a forehead preset that matches that and move the slider accordingly.
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 16, 16:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The things is she more annoying than ugly, to me anyways in my game, and she not that mean she just plain annoying.
She one of those sims when your sim is sitting down to eat his dinner she stands right behind him and breaths down his neck,she always there and in the way.

I agree with Renatus on the whole cartoon and parodies thing.
It isn't so much about sims being pretty it about how over board the features go. Some of the townies that I have had in my game their whole face was lips and you could hardly tell if they had eyes, mouth, or a nose.My eyes burned from look at them.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
MangoOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 16, 17:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Tinkers pissed me off!  From their bio, it sounded like they had an established toy store going already.  I loaded up their lot and found a shack in the backyard with a toymaking bench and a couple of shelves.  Bah!  I played a little while but they're just not very interesting and they have no skills.  Plus Stephen wants to flirt with the Delarosa flower woman.

I think I will make them into townies.  If I'm going to start from scratch on a toy shop, I'd rather do it with one of my "good" families.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 16, 18:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't so much about sims being pretty it about how over board the features go. Some of the townies that I have had in my game their whole face was lips and you could hardly tell if they had eyes, mouth, or a nose.My eyes burned from look at them.

Ugh. The Neanderthal look. Just what was Maxis going for? And to make that a preset? Maxis illogic at work once again!
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 16, 19:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I decide to let Wander have a makeover and some surgery.
I didn't do so badly but I still don't like her upper lip.
I don't know if  I'm going  to keep her in the game she still annoying.

edit becuse stupid picture wasn't showing up!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 17, 15:17:15 by Chanco » Logged

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 17, 08:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a go at a Wanda makeover...

but I'm not happy, simsurgery for her - and Renatus? I agree about a parody of an african face, I would find it insulting if I were african, it makes sims look stupid.

Forgot about aspiration before I put hubby through simsurgery tho. Poor Stephen. Least he lost the lips!

Don't think I'll save that effort. Wink

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 17, 08:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that drives me to the machine is the jaw configurations that you couldn't possibly see real world.

That's exactly what I was talking about with the can of compressed air!  Their faces look perfectly normal from the nose up, but in the mouth area they're completely contorted!  And it's those wide-lipped faces that cause it.  Unfortunately, the mesh genetics couldn't be designed in a way that considered bone structure.  Instead, a sim's fat cheeks are bone structure.

Oh, my sims are far from beautiful!  And I really like different looking sims as each one has their own character, and it's kind of fun to take a not-so-attractive sim and try to find them the 'perfect' mate and by perfect I don't mean a beautiful sim, but one that sort of matches.

Witch thanks for the great laugh!  I always wondered what would happen if the surgery failed! LOL

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 17, 20:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I depend on the Maxis premades to add that dash of fugliness to my game. That's why I play every one of them. My CAS sims are always pretty though. But it's fun to breed them w/ the Maxis fuglies to see the outcome. Alexander Goth just impregnated his pretty pretty CAS girlfriend. Their first kid is ok looking, but w/ one heck of a nose. It appears that a single generation can't defeat the power of Alex's fugly-genes.

The end result is a rather balanced game, w/the Maxis sims balancing out the good looks of the CAS sims to create an even mix in the children.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: