More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 11:12:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More OFB bugs or just my game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More OFB bugs or just my game?  (Read 4822 times)
Simbiiznas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
More OFB bugs or just my game?
« on: 2006 March 13, 23:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime I go downtown, especially to Sims Gone Wired, all the autonomous townies flock to the coffee bar.  I don't remember this before the new ep but I could be wrong.  I have also notice that the wants for knowledge sims suck now.  Two of my want slots are always filled with "be saved from death" and "see ghost" and as I am in college right now two of the other three are some sort of "have party" want.  Why would a knowledge sims care about parties over something like "reach level 7 charisma"?  The remaining slot is usually "ask a sim out on date." 

So is it just me or is this an OFB thing?
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: More OFB bugs or just my game?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 14, 00:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was like that well before OFB.

The espresso machines are like magnets for sims. One could make a fortune with an espresso machine, a bathroom and some couches. They'll sit around and talk for hours on end.

The wants for UNI kids have always been like that as well. After all, they're at college doing work, why would they want to have a goal other than "Do something fun"? I believe that UNI was created this way on purpose to keep it from being too boring which it is, if you don't bother fulfill any of those party/Greek house/go downtown wants.

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 14, 00:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also notice that the wants for knowledge sims suck now.  Two of my want slots are always filled with "be saved from death" and "see ghost" and as I am in college right now two of the other three are some sort of "have party" want.  Why would a knowledge sims care about parties over something like "reach level 7 charisma"?  The remaining slot is usually "ask a sim out on date." 

So is it just me or is this an OFB thing?
That's a normal Uni behavior, Uni eliminates all of the NORMAL Knowledge wants in favor of random garbage. This is why Uni is considered to be form of torture and it's best that you get perma-plat before being drawn into this mess so you can actually accomplish something.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 14, 00:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was like that well before OFB.

The espresso machines are like magnets for sims. One could make a fortune with an espresso machine, a bathroom and some couches. They'll sit around and talk for hours on end.

You just gave me a brilliant idea radio!!!

Axe murdered since 2006
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 14, 00:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha. Way ahead of you.  Wink

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 14, 00:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha. Way ahead of you.  Wink

LOL

Axe murdered since 2006
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 00:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never really had a problem with keeping my Uni Knowledge sims asperations up.  At the start of the semester all of mine spin up "Write Term Paper".  Then after that its "Do Assignment" and "Go to Class".

My knowledge sims usually start by completing their term paper.  Then they fall into a routine of doing assignment, go to class, and doing another assignment until the grade-o-meter is filled.  They usually stay in platinum 90% of their lives while in Uni.

Because of this Knowledge sims are the only ones I don't use College Rampage on.  Unless I want them to finish things up fast so they can spend some time on downtown lots looking for their future married partner.  Because my sims don't get married to smelly dormies!
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 14, 04:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto for my Knowledge Sims -- they sometimes spin up a stupid party want, but more often they want to do homework, write term papers, and gain the skills they need to fill up their grade bars. They practically spend University in state of constant orgasm. "More research?? YES!!1"

It's Family Sims that don't like it so much, for obvious Family Sim reasons.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 14, 05:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because my sims don't get married to smelly dormies!

Well, you weren't a dormie in my game, but you were a townie teen, and only achieved the enviable rank of Playable Sim by virtue of the fact that you had the hots for Lilith.  I wonder if she knows that you are haunting toy shops buying bricks and kites and things?  What are you trying to tell her???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 14, 05:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if she knows that you are haunting toy shops buying bricks and kites and things?  What are you trying to tell her???

I haven't the foggiest clue what you're talking about.

*shoves the bricks and kites under the couch so noone can see*
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 14, 13:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shoves the bricks and kites under the couch so noone can see*

C'mon Trepie, show us a brick trick!  Cheesy

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 14, 15:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that I've done something bad to my game.  I need to know, do home businesses get a title deed?  My sims are getting the first simolean certificate, but no title deed.  Is this normal?

happy now :-)
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 14, 15:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't get a Title for a Home Business.  You live there, after all.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: