More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 13, 16:08:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A question about "forcing errors"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question about "forcing errors"  (Read 3906 times)
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
A question about "forcing errors"
« on: 2006 February 27, 02:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya, JM!  I'm curious to know why this feature of your FFSdebugger would be helpful:
     Forces all objects of specified locality (all/in-world/off-world) to error.

I recently tried it out on my Goth lot, just for the hell of it, because it's fried anyway, and it definitely made things worse, hehe!  Can you explain to me exactly what forcing errors does if you select 'all'?  And how does it work in terms of forcing errors 'off-world'Huh When could this be to an advantage?

Max

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: A question about "forcing errors"
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 27, 03:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forcing an error basically causes that object to reset.  So forcing a error on everything would well reset every object.  At least that's what i think it does.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 27, 04:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this affects objects only, and not the Sims themselves?  Is it possible I've eternally messed up that lot now? Hmmm?

Max
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 27, 06:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know but you can force errors on sims as well.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 27, 16:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are objects as well, as far as this is concerned.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 27, 21:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On world specifies things that are on the lot you are playing.  Sims, tubs, sinks, refridgerators and trees are some examples.

Off world specifies things that are not on the lot you are playing, but relative to it.  Towies waiting to walkby, newspaper girl/boy, headmaster(after being called), and burglar are some examples.

Reseting on world objects resets all the things on the lot that you are playing.

Reseting off world objects resets all the things that are not on the lot, but relative to the lot.

Reseting all resets all.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 28, 01:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this affects objects only, and not the Sims themselves?  Is it possible I've eternally messed up that lot now? Hmmm?

Max

As Jordi said, sims are objects too. The only way you've eternally messed up the lot is if you hit delete on any of the error messages. Just resetting all of them shouldn't cause long term problems, although you may end up with 'stuck' off-world objects that don't get deleted because they've lost their reference.

An In-world object is an object on the lot that is visible and you can directly interact with. An out-of-world object still exists on the lot but is invisible. These are mostly controller objects (age controller, pregnancy controller, etc), emitters (like jealously, smells yummy, etc), and placeholders for social interactions.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 28, 15:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using Pescado's Lot Debgugger, thinking if I reset everything on the lot, that my Goth ghosts would start appearing again.  Everything on the entire lot froze, and none of my sims would move at all!   Any idea why this would've happened?

Max
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 28, 22:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this happens, turn debug mode back on and see what the offending object is. Probably something was sent into a chain reset by it. The Renuyu Orb often does that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 28, 23:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this happens, turn debug mode back on and see what the offending object is. Probably something was sent into a chain reset by it. The Renuyu Orb often does that.

After I restarted my game and returned to that lot, that's just what I did. and the list of errors was endless -- I think it included everything on the lot!   Shocked  Three times, I got arrors on wedding rings, so how weird is that?  And the Renuyu was mentioned several times, too.  I deleted it.

Max
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: