More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 20:22:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Early warning system going ballistic...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Early warning system going ballistic...  (Read 2727 times)
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Early warning system going ballistic...
« on: 2006 February 17, 03:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all...I've come to you with a few problems in the past which you've all, generously, helped clear up, so here I am again with another...oh, the joy, eh?

K, enough preamble. The issue...I rotate playing each of my houses and yesterday I played a house I've not played in quite some time. Everything was going along fine when *pow* Crammyboy's "portal deletion" warning popped up. At first I figured, okay, I've been moving and deleting stuff I probably inadvertently deleted a portal, so I exited, returned and the problem repeated...it repeated a number of times afterward and each time I exited and returned. At this point I figured I'd inadvertently saved the deletion since I do save often. It was irritating, but I simply bit the bullet and accepted that I'd, somehow, corrupted the lot and since my server was down I had no way to get online to search a solution. This time I exited and moved to a completely new lot, reconstructed the house and moved the family in...hours went by and all was well until *kaboom* the same warning appeared on this brand new lot. Undecided

I have the base game only, as well as Crammyboy's Portal Deletion Fix hack installed. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I've this sinking feeling that these warnings are now going to appear at each of my lots and topple 'em like a row of dominos.

I've also a question re Crammyboy's early warning system--does anyone know if it detects a portal deletion immediately, as it happens, or is there a delay? I'm almost afraid to save now...and, of course, for other reasons, I'm afraid not to. Anyone?

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Early warning system going ballistic...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 17, 03:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talismana, Crammyboy writes this:

"Install into downloads.

This fix is for nightlife, although it may exist in previous versions or work correctly in previous versions.

Includes the portal monitor for safety purposes."

May be because you have the basic game only, you get problems.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 17, 10:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Nightlife, and sometimes I get those messages too. They pop up over and over, but I just let them and continue playing. Then comes a time when they stop popping. A portal is not deleted, I know this from seeing the cars coming and leaving.
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 08:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, curious. I was wondering if something else might be triggering them as well...I didn't have any Obvious problem with portals once they appeared. I was messing about a great deal with the time control clock just before this started to happen...who knows. Just now, things are running smoothly on that lot...I'm not quite certain I'd be brave enough to ignore them, however Undecided

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: