More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 18:36:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with townies.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with townies.  (Read 5416 times)
maegen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem with townies.
« on: 2006 February 02, 21:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem. When I have visitors or go to a community lot all the townies will walk to one spot and just stay there. Its like they get stuck. When I call them over they just stay where they are. What is going on and how can I fix this problem? Please Help Me!

Thanks
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Problem with townies.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 02, 21:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are they standing - is it on one of the portals?
maegen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 02, 21:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm....I don't want to sound stupid or anything, but where should the portals be? I have one lot where there are a couple of townies standing in front of the cash register I have people standing in corners and in front of tables and such. They enter the commercial lots o.k., but get stuck when they enter a building. Oh and it seems that most of the if not all of them have their back to me. I hope there is a fix to this problem.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 02, 22:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The portals are the spots on each side of the lot (on the sidewalk and street) where sims and vehicles "appear" when they enter the lot and "disappear" when they leave the lot.

What version of the game are you playing with, is it patched and what hacks do you have in game? Is this only happening on community lots and is it on ALL community lots or only specific ones? If you have NL, did you go to the community lot using the taxi or drive a vehicle? Is this the first time you've been to these community lots or have you been them before and haven't had problems with?
maegen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 02, 22:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The portals are the spots on each side of the lot (on the sidewalk and street) where sims and vehicles "appear" when they enter the lot and "disappear" when they leave the lot.

What version of the game are you playing with, is it patched and what hacks do you have in game? Is this only happening on community lots and is it on ALL community lots or only specific ones? If you have NL, did you go to the community lot using the taxi or drive a vehicle? Is this the first time you've been to these community lots or have you been them before and haven't had problems with?

I have the original,NL and U. These are lots I have been to before and I am getting there by car I haven't been noticing it happening on my residential lot the mailman and everyone else seem to come and go just fine. It is happening on all my community lots not just one version of the game or one lot. As fas as it being patched I really can't remember if I patched it or not. I had several different hacks, but removed them all thinking that one of the hacks was causing a conflict. I used the clean pack installer from MTS2 to find them all and get rid of them. Is it possible that not all of hacks were detected and I am missing something. I didn't install any hacks using simpe they all went into my download folder. I can't remember all the hacks I guess I should have written them down (my mistake). I guess I'm not much help huh. Sorry.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 02, 23:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me the first time I played NL.  I don't remember exactly, but I think it went away after I downloaded the NL patch from EA.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 03, 00:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use the max motives cheat? It sounds like they have nothing to do. Can you interact with them?

maegen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 03, 01:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use the max motives cheat? It sounds like they have nothing to do. Can you interact with them?

Yeah I can talk to them and stuff,  Its just like their stuck and can't move if I call someone over it just cancels in my que and if I want to talk to them I have to go to them. Nobody is dancing or anything!I have had NL for a while now and have never had any problems with it before.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 03, 03:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got all the sims on my Uni lot (7 of them) stuck yesterday. The pause button worked and music played and the like (so I knew I wasn't locked up, just stuck) but none of the sims could move. I had tried to move a sim out and kept getting the "a sim is already moving out" dialogue (using the computer) and was trying to fix that.

Anyway, my bright idea of how to fix things is to drop in all the "fix things" objects available and try all the cheats I know until something works. This is neither systematic or sensible, but I do it anyway :) So thinking it was a stuck moveout, I dropped in the lot debugger and looked, but fixing that wasn't one of the options. Nothing else seemed reasonable, so I hit "debug all objects" hoping that would fix the computer. That's when I either major slowed (while it tried to do that) or completely locked up (I'm not really sure which). After I got tired of waiting, I turned on testingcheats (the lot debugger doesn't like that, but I wanted to know what the deal was) and sure enough got a bunch of error messages. Interestingly enough, after I got the errors and clicked reset (or delete in a couple of cases) my sims could move again. So I just clicked through the rest (every object on my lot) and everything was fine again. Then I moved my sims with the teleport bush instead. And am all happy.

Long story, not short, I believe I'd start clicking things. I'd try deleting sims (it doesn't hurt them tho on a community lot, they might not reshow) and see if whoever shows up can move (try and see where they get stuck), drop in the lot debugger and see what it says (enable dorm controls if you have to to place it), turn on testing cheats and look for errors, stick in the mindcontrol mirror and see what the stuck sims are thinking (probably little mouse tracks as they try to move somewhere), look for a problem in the bathroom or something like that, and maybe force reset everything (and expect it to take awhile) or whatever seems reasonable.

Probably not a great way to go about it, but maybe you'll have more information about what's wrong even if it doesn't fix anything. And anyway, I didn't see a better one, so it's worth a shot :)

Unsouper
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 03, 21:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I just had to respond to this because I had the same exact problem.  I hope this helps. I turned boolProp testingCheatsEnabled on  before entering the lot and discovered there was an error with the Maxis Colonial bed. I do download alot which is why I did'nt think it would be a Maxis Object also none of the other comm. lots I went to had this problem.  I eliminated the idea of it being a hack because it only affected one lot.  I eliminated the problem by deleting the bed from the lot and the problem went away.  Now the dilemma lies in which downloaded bed affected the Maxis Colonial.  I have almost 9 gigs of downloads, aside from this problem i've had no other issues of this nature.

This is my thread on the same problem, see if it sounds familiar:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2693.0
« Last Edit: 2006 February 03, 21:09:52 by kryptmoon » Logged
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 04, 01:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

9 gigs??  Shocked How long does your game take to load??

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
maegen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 04, 03:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,
  I really am thankful for all of your help and suggestions. I tried everything to try and resolve the problem, but couldn't (sigh) thankfully I backed up all my downloads minus the hacks and decided the best thing to do is to just reinstall everything. It took a while, but the deed is done and everything is working beautifully so far, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again to everyone who posted and tried helping me with my question.  Grin
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 04, 04:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm yeah -wow!

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 04, 07:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Under 9 minutes. It used to take about 15 to 20 min. with my old computer 2600xp, 2 gigs ram and Asus motherboard. Now I have a 3500 AMD Athlon64 2 Gigs of Dual Channel Ram and an Abit uGuru motherboard, my game runs beautifully w/all options on high. It took alot of upgrading to get it where I wanted it finally. Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: