More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 04:05:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Musical instruments hack inquiry/request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Musical instruments hack inquiry/request  (Read 8094 times)
Suni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Musical instruments hack inquiry/request
« on: 2006 January 25, 13:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched this website to see if hack requests were deemed acceptable or not and since i couldn't find an answer in either case, here goes.... Kiss
Basically, this inquiry/request is to gain some control of the sims usage or overusage of musical instruments. I'm tired of my sims playing musical instruments until they're ready to drop dead, or until delegated to stop, even then just stand at the instrument and cry because most of their motives are red.
And then there's the guests who come to visit and head straight for an available instrument and end up playing the instrument for the entire duration of their stay. I know there's many objects besides musical instruments where sims seem stuck to the object till near death, but the whole being stuck to musical objects scenario has been so annoying for so long, i don't even buy musical objects anymore, none of my houses have pianos or etc anymore and that is really a drag because i want to buy them so my sims can use them for skilling and fun and also for asthetic purposes.

I was wondering about the possibilities of hacks such as....a hack that allows you to control who plays an instrument and who doesn't....including both residents and guests. Or maybe a hack that gives you the ability to turn an instrument on and off...so if its on it can be used and if off, not. Or a hack that tweaks the instruments so that for skill building they'll play until they've leveled up a skill point...and for performing or fun they will play until their motives reach a reasonable level and they'll quit playing. Or a hack where sims won't be so attracted to instruments like magnets and cling to them to death.

If any of these hacks already exist, could someone please point me in the right direction....or if not, maybe someone might consider taking on this mission of mercy and making a hack for these objects, it would be so appreciated, more than you know.
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
Re: Musical instruments hack inquiry/request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 25, 13:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These might work for you:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=123067

Get the whole collection zip.. it has paintings that fulfill the wants of: expensive car, dj b ooth, all the instruments, bubble blower and more!

Gwillewyn just made them... you can see the pix of the paintings by following the links she posted in Peasantry.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 25, 15:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check either Pescado's forum or Two Jeffs.  I belive one of the has something related to how much advertizing the instruments do.  Maybe someone who know's how to link can send you to Pescado's list of his hacks?

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 25, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that you can get them off if you call them to a meal, although sometimes it takes several tries.  Otherwise I make them selectable and get them off that way.  At least the instruments aren't as bad as the swingset.  I don't want to stop adults using the swing, but I'd love a hack that made it more logical.  It makes no sense that Knowledge Sims, for instance, would gravitate towards it in exactly the same way as a Pleasure Sim.  I would have thought that Knowledge Sims wouldn't be remotely interested in it.  What I can't abide is the noises they make when they're on the damn thing.  There's one particular female voice that makes noises so hideous I want to vomit (seriously).  I always take control of them and get them off, then delete the swing.  I just refuse to listen to that absolutely revolting voice.  There have even been times when I've wanted to murder the Sim for making such a nauseating noise, but the fact that I can't tell them why I am killing them stops me.  There should be an option to "Kill Sim for having a nauseating voice".

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 25, 19:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the no autonomy instruments from here: http://www.djssims.com/sims2hacks.php for awhile now.

It works for both residents and guests.

Now I can put pianos in the houses again for the kids.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 25, 21:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is most decidedly unawesome, but when a Sim is getting on my nerves with any item, I just stick the item in inventory for awhile.

Also I don't know if the nobuskers hack reduces advertising, but since I've installed it my Sims annoy me much less with the instruments. On the other hand, IRL I'm pretty musical so I actually like hearing my Sims play the instruments.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 25, 21:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The No buskers at home hack makes it so they can't Perform unless you tell them to, unless it's a party or they are on a community lot.  Then at least if they sit down at the piano you can pull them off rather quickly without waiting for them to go through the whole animation of getting their tip jar, complaining nothing is in it, and all that.  So for me it does help with the annoyance somewhat.  JM also recommends using his APO to ban autonomous Sims from the room with musical instruments in it.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 25, 22:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim, I know there's a 'no bogarting swings' hack somewhere around here...ah, here.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 25, 22:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have learned to love the ADD behavior associated with instruments. I have Inges business teleport shrub, I set it to teleport sims on to lot between certain times and they head straight to the instruments and play all day long. Additional sims are teleported on the lot throughout the day due to the shrub and they tip the sims on the instruments over and over. My playable sims just go about their business raking in the money from the "sim" stereos.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 25, 23:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the no-autonomy instruments too and they've been fine, since they're still around to use if I want them to, but the visitors won't be all over them...

What I can't abide is the noises they make when they're on the damn thing.  There's one particular female voice that makes noises so hideous I want to vomit (seriously).  I always take control of them and get them off, then delete the swing.  I just refuse to listen to that absolutely revolting voice.  There have even been times when I've wanted to murder the Sim for making such a nauseating noise, but the fact that I can't tell them why I am killing them stops me.  There should be an option to "Kill Sim for having a nauseating voice".

I haven't noticed that with the swings, but there's one teen female voice that says something all excited when they're into a conversation, and once I decided it sounded like 'birthday-poo', I can't hear anything else and I can't stand it Tongue At least they grow up and get a new voice, maaan.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 26, 03:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a hack that allows you to control who plays an instrument and who doesn't

I have to say I wouldn't mind something like that myself. Reservable instruments. I imagine if it's possible to do with beds it would be possible to do with instruments - I have no idea really though. Out of my league.

Meanwhile, someone else suggested already and I'll just repeat it. You can pretend you have your own on/off hack by dropping the instrument in an inventory when you don't want it used. Sucks that you have to remove the object from the scene (decor and all) but ..eh.  Undecided
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 26, 03:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The No buskers at home hack makes it so they can't Perform unless you tell them to, unless it's a party or they are on a community lot.
Where is that from?
I'm using the no autonomy instruments mentioned above, but I would like something with a bit more neuance to it.
I usually buy my sims one instrument, whichever one I think fits their home and parsonality best, and use my paintings to keep them from begging for more.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 26, 03:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/

nobuskers.zip

In the FFS Director's cut too
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 26, 03:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's here, from Pescado.  You have NL, don't you?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/nobuskers.zip
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 26, 10:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd, I can't believe I never heard of it.  Lips sealed
Must be because I don't use the Director's cut, and the name wasn't easily recognizable as something I needed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 26, 10:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been around since Uni, but if you have Uni only, you need to get that version because this one is updated for NL.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 26, 10:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got nightlife, and Uni, and Christmas, and pre-ordered OFB even though I won't be anywhere near my computer until the game has been out for a while.  Grin

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 26, 10:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean.  Of course, it will be 6-8 weeks or longer after it comes out before JM can get his hands on it.  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: