More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:37:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Do you know where I can find this mesh?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Do you know where I can find this mesh?  (Read 5946 times)
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Do you know where I can find this mesh?
« on: 2006 January 12, 05:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see this beautiful hairstyle on "models" for sims2 websites, but never see a link to the mesh!  Its a beautiful formal style high up do, done into large hot-role style ringlets.  I know its not a pronupsims hairstyle, but I beleive I've seen it there before on a model.  Appreciate any help, thanks!
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Do you know where I can find this mesh?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 12, 05:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a link to a picture of one of these models?  The picture I have in my mind from your description could be several, woulnd't want to steer you in the wrong direction.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 12, 05:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you link to a picture?

Did you check XM Sims? That's the site that has the best "curly" hair, as far as I know. Also check Peggy, but it would have to be in the pay section since I know there isn't one that sounds like it in the free section.

Sussi has a curly updo that could fall under the description you gave. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71306&highlight=updo

Another sad possibility is that it's not a real mesh and is just pasted onto the sim in a paint program. I've seen people do it and it's hella annoying.

Last possibility (hey, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to guess what kind of hair you are seeing) is that it's Shannara's updo with the two fat ringlets hanging down on the sides and the rest in a bun. In that case, get it on MTS2.  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=63092

And if you meant a hairstyle that actually has rollers still stuck in it (I know you didn't mean that  Wink ) then there's one of those at MTS2 too.

Okay, so, while on the topic of "where can I find this hair?" -- does anyone know if the hair on the model at http://www.noukiesims2.net/Genetics.html (the short curly hair) is a real mesh, and where it's from? It looks sort of painted on, but I hope it isn't.

Fail.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 12, 05:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I know... I'm trying to find a screenshot, but murphy's law is keeping me from even finding the models at the moment.  I'll post when I find an image.  Tongue Thanks for trying to help.

Found it!

http://rosemat.free.fr/Pronupsims2/Accessoires/Tiara-Villa.jpg

Here's a shot of the hair, I thought for the longest time it was pronupsims, but I don't see it there anywhere.

By the way, I love the updo by sussi that you mentioned too even if it isn't the one I was looking for, I'm so going to download it so thanks!
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 12, 05:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, is it the one on new face final skin tone?
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 12, 05:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it wasn't any of the ones I was thinking of, but I will keep an eye out.  Since I seem to have a sort of sim hair fetish....
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 12, 05:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, is it the one on new face final skin tone?

Yes, *Nouk NewFaceFinal Skintones* with the girl and guy shown together in the screenshot. Smiley

Fail.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 12, 05:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one is by Fionn available at Sim Connections in the pay section.  It is call affectionate object, I think.  It's a little on the high poly side, but not hideously so.  It also comes in a male version.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 12, 05:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one is by Fionn available at Sim Connections in the pay section.  It is call affectionate object, I think.  It's a little on the high poly side, but not hideously so.  It also comes in a male version.

Aha! Thanks. Now I guess I will have to part with $5. I was going to anyhow... kept putting it off.

Well, while at Sims Connection, I found the one Persephone was looking for. It's also in the pay section and is called "Tropical Honeymoon."

http://www.simsconnection.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=293&Itemid=86

Fail.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 12, 06:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! This is great.   Oooops!  *runs away in fright*
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 12, 06:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How funny is that!!! 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 12, 07:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to have some good styles there!

Have you looked at Simpathetic?  All the CompulsiveD dreads plus a lot more!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 12, 08:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop! stop! stop! - I already downloaded about 11 hair styles! Oh my god - my poor downloads folder...Smiley.

Thanks for the links...Smiley
Cat Moonshadow
Asinine Airhead

Cat in the Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 12, 10:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you looked at Simpathetic?  All the CompulsiveD dreads plus a lot more!

Compulsive D dreads! Thank you! I recently uninstalled and reinstalled everything, including all of my downloads, but when I went to get the dreadlocks they were gone from MTS2. I managed to find a Compulsive D website, but it had been discontinued. Oh how wonderful it is to find these dreads again. ^_^ I just love them, particularly the ones for the toddlers. Hair doesn't get much more adorable than that.

All in all, I love most hair creators who include the toddler and children ages as well. Although I can see why a lot of people don't. After all, Maxis didn't, for most of the hairs. I get so utterly sick of that short hairdo for the toddler girls. I know it's just for four days, but I like variation.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 12, 11:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, and if mum and dad both have long dreads (or even the maxis ones) then giving them anything else just looks weird!  It's a fantastic site, don't just stop at replacing your dreads!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: