More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 22:31:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims made in Bodyshop... saved where?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims made in Bodyshop... saved where?  (Read 2833 times)
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Sims made in Bodyshop... saved where?
« on: 2005 December 20, 01:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had always thought Sims from bodyshop and packaged sims from the exchange were saved in mydocuments/sims2/savedsims , however I looked in there and only had 3-4 files.  I removed those, but still have close to 20 sims that show up in bodyshop.  I'd really like to delete them.  Where are they saved?

Thanks!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Sims made in Bodyshop... saved where?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 20, 01:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

packaged sims end up in the Downloads folder
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 20, 02:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that only the sims you create in Bodyshop will be in the savedsims folder. However packaged sims that you install from the exchange or anywhere else will end up in your download folder as one of those lovely meaningless long file name.  If you look at them with Clean Installer they will have no type.  You'll have to open them with SimPE to be sure it's a character file, though there aren't many files that the Clean Installer does not correctly identify, so they are most likely character files.

BTW, MultiSims2PackExtractor is your friend.  Whenever I want to check out a Sim I downloaded, I'll create a folder named after the sim and extract the package file to it.  If I decide I don't like the sims, I can delete the whole folder.  If I decide to keep the sim, , I'll move all the bits and pieces of clothing, makeup, ect that I want to their proper folder.  This also helps eliminate duplicate files, as they are quite a few popular creators whose stuff is used over and over again.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 20, 02:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If those 20 or so Sims in BodyShop don't have an asterisk on their pictures, then you can't delete them. They're Maxis pre-mades, and you're stuck with them.  Tongue

I'd like to delete them, too.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 20, 02:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone that helps alot.  I was wondering what those uncategorized files in the downloads folder was also, so you answered two questions for me.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: