More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 15:32:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone recognise this outfit?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone recognise this outfit?  (Read 28624 times)
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this outfit?
« Reply #75 on: 2005 December 08, 18:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the point is these are the outfits they are supposed to wear to go to work!  Yes, we all know that film stars go to the supermarket in tatty jeans and an old sweater and no make-up (and often totally unrecognised) but they don't do official things like chat shows dressed like that!

I always considered that the reason they wear a sweatsuit is because they will change into an outfit required by a costume designer.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 December 08, 18:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Dustin needs a lot of help to realise that and grow up well in the end!  But I'm playing him in this install (just cloned him along with all the rest) and he's really a very good father, even though I still can't get him and Brandi above one LB for each other - I tried changing his aspiration to Popularity, but it makes no difference.  Seems to me that there's somehting to be said for both partners having the same aspiration, but makes for a rather boring family!  (Dustin and dirk are an item at Uni, and frequently roll identical wants, although Dustin will also roll very Popularity/Family type wants, while Dirk will roll more Knowledge type wants.  Dustin rolls the want to chat with Beau on the phone every day!  (Sometimes twice).  And Beau only lives two doors away!

Dustin is very attached to Beau - he was his "father", when Beau was a toddler. In my game too he is attached to Beau.

I noticed, that all 3 kids of Brandy - no matter which aspiration you give them (except of Romantic) - show many "romantic-aspiration" wishes.
Natural, because Skip had Romantic aspiration, whose genes they inherited.

All the three of them are very unfaithful to their wives, and several times I had to move them out, and keep them in the family bin for a long period. Only after that, they came to their senses...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 December 08, 19:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies for misleading you, Bangelnuts, I meant Skip and Brandi (it's Skip I meant to put that I'd cloned.) 

And I'd agree with you gali, except in this install, all the Brokes are in fact clones, and dustin and dirk were cloned from YAs as they were already at Uni when my game started to go haywire and I decided to start again.  So Dustin had never even met Beau until he invited him over, and Beau was brought up by his actual father in this particular game.  So I think it has more in this game to do with Dustin having a need to know his family better, and I think that would be unrelated to aspiration and have more to do with personality.  And hardly a day goes by when kid brother Keanu doesn't phone him too!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 December 08, 19:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LI thought Skip was rather good-looking in my opinion.  I don't play him as Romance; I always change his aspiration because I don't think Romance suits him.  I like making him Family like Brandi.  This gives them another bolt of attraction, as does matching their turn-ons/offs.  I wanted Skip to be a devoted father and family man just like Brandi was devoted to her kids.  The first time I played Brandi, I didn't have Skip, but I made a CAS Family sim for her, and they had lots of kids together.  They weren't boring at all.  I brought Brandi out of poverty to be a very successful politician and mother, although it took her a little longer than it would have if she didn't have the kids.  She loves her kids very much.  I had a lot of fun playing them.  I am playing Pleasantview again, now with Skip resurrected.

Dustin and Beau aren't actually Skip and Brandi's kids from a technical point of view.  They don't have their DNA.  Skip has green eyes, and Brandi has gray eyes.  Dustin and Beau have blue eyes.  Also, they should have black hair because Brandi's black hair is dominant over Skip's blonde hair.  Dustin and Beau are both homozygous for blonde hair and blue eyes.  They should have one black and one blonde hair gene, and one green and one blue eyes gene.  Which they don't.  And If you look at their features, particularly Dustin, he doesn't even resemble Skip that much.  These first-generation sims were created in CAS by Maxis, and then they changed the family ties to what they wanted them to be.  They messed up though because for some reason, Dustin and Angela are flagged as family, as are Lilith and Dirk.  This doesn't seem to affect them being romantic and getting married though.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 December 08, 19:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies for misleading you, Bangelnuts, I meant Skip and Brandi (it's Skip I meant to put that I'd cloned.) 

And I'd agree with you gali, except in this install, all the Brokes are in fact clones, and dustin and dirk were cloned from YAs as they were already at Uni when my game started to go haywire and I decided to start again.  So Dustin had never even met Beau until he invited him over, and Beau was brought up by his actual father in this particular game.  So I think it has more in this game to do with Dustin having a need to know his family better, and I think that would be unrelated to aspiration and have more to do with personality.  And hardly a day goes by when kid brother Keanu doesn't phone him too!
I figured it had to be Skip you were Talking about thats why I responded the way I did.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 December 08, 19:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that out too, Rainbow, but I always uncheck that in SimPE. However, this time I didn''t need to, since they're clones.  I think you're right about Dustin and Beau being made individually in CAS, though why they did it that way is beyond me, but I think they used the same face for each of them as they used for Skip.  They probably made them as adults then regressed them to a teen and a toddler, just so they knew how they'd look as adults.  And of course, they gave Dustin a personality that's very close to Brandi's, while Beau has a lot of traits in common with Skip (they both love to clean, for example.)

Even before Skip used the Renuyu-Senso-Orb to change his aspiration to popularity, he was a very good father.  Nearly all his wants centred around the kids, even after rolling him the extra two slots with the Debugger.  And normally I help the Brokes a lot to get out of the poverty  trap, but this time I didn't have to, they both worked hard and Brandi also got a BIG BONUS!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: