More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 02:46:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  grandma's Comfort Soup
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: grandma's Comfort Soup  (Read 15442 times)
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
grandma's Comfort Soup
« on: 2009 March 19, 07:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it cure sickness or only raise comfort or neither?

My Sims like it a lot, and I haven't seen them stay sick or get close to death.

But I don't have lots of play time under my belt or wherever one keeps play time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: grandma's Comfort Soup
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 19, 07:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It cures the plague, any plague, apparently instantly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 19, 08:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It cures the plague, any plague, apparently instantly.

And that makes me sad.
I would love an aspiration backfire on that damn soup. MOAR PLAGUE! MOAR DEATH!
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 19, 11:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does raise comfort.  I've given it to healthy sims and their comfort went up.

May all your fears & worries come true.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 19, 12:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wherever one keeps play time.
I keep it in my left sock! Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 19, 13:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does raise comfort.  I've given it to healthy sims and their comfort went up.

For reals? Or was it normal "sittin in mah comfy chair" comfort boost?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 19, 13:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my Sims have dining chairs of about comfort 3, and I can attest that in conjunction with comfort soup, my Sims get far more comfort than eating other food.  It's been especially good for pregnant Sims who suddenly bottom out on comfort due to extreme morning sickness, and for athletic Sims who I have exercise too long.  I didn't know it would cure illness, though. Never thought to try it for that.  That rocks!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 19, 13:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that's why it's called COMFORT soup. ;p
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 19, 13:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my Sims have dining chairs of about comfort 3, and I can attest that in conjunction with comfort soup, my Sims get far more comfort than eating other food.  It's been especially good for pregnant Sims who suddenly bottom out on comfort due to extreme morning sickness, and for athletic Sims who I have exercise too long.  I didn't know it would cure illness, though. Never thought to try it for that.  That rocks!

OOOoOooh. I got a new brain wrinkle.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 19, 13:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my Sims have dining chairs of about comfort 3, and I can attest that in conjunction with comfort soup, my Sims get far more comfort than eating other food. 

I never worry about comfort levels for dining chairs.  I install dining chairs based solely on looks (whether they fit with some sort of decor), or on cost (poor sims get poor chairs).  If they need comfort, they can sit on a comfy chair or sofa.  Never used the comfort soup.  I find if sims take baths (rather than showers) and woohoo frequently, their comfort levels don't generally deteriorate that badly.

In fact, I have noticed my sims are generally a far too comfortable and complacent bunch.  They need more mood failures to make them interesting and build character.

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 19, 14:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never worry about comfort levels for dining chairs.  I install dining chairs based solely on looks (whether they fit with some sort of decor), or on cost (poor sims get poor chairs). 

I'm a minimilist/functionalist decorator (my poor Sims!).  Most of my Sims start with little money, and the comfort/style of the dining chairs is low on my priority list.  When they do get money, the dining room is usually the last room to get upgraded.  I figure if their dinette set is working, why mess with it?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 19, 15:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been slowly working my 'hood out of a plague. It's just the cold, but everyone is getting it and then losing it only to get it the moment they talk to another resident. With weekly town meetings and bringing friends home from work/school, it never seems to end. I had approximately a third of the playables over at my Free Love household last round and three of the union were Family sims who kept serving up soup and calling everyone to eat. All I ended up with was tons of message spam as sims would be cured, then immediately be approached and reinfected by someone who hadn't eaten yet.

I think I'm down to only thirteen infected residents out of 32 playables.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 19, 15:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free Will Off?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 19, 17:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I ended up with was tons of message spam as sims would be cured, then immediately be approached and reinfected by someone who hadn't eaten yet.

And so we see that there is no idea of building up immunity in TS2.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 19, 17:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free Will Off?
But if they have no free will, how will they piss off me the Oversoul? I'm currently watching the mayor's house to see if they will break the Rule of Four. Punishment would be epic.

It's a thought. I've also contemplated changing one sim's crappy Thai restaurant into a soup kitchen for a day, selling pre-packaged meals instead of sit-down dinners. Immunization may work better in small groups. Another option is a community-wide quarantine until the bug is eliminated. This round will be the third of the epidemic, meaning it's virtually 15 sim days, actually around 150 sim days of play.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 19, 18:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, TJ's Visitor Controller has a "Ban Plague" option which prevents sick sims from coming to whatever community lot it's placed on - you could use that for your restaurant.  I have one of those things on every owned business lot.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 19, 18:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good lord, are you trying for a second Black Plague? Are there Moors waiting outside the gates of the town?

Tongue

"Bring out your dead!"

fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 20, 00:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a houseful of sick Sims. I fed them all the Comfort Soup, and got pop-ups saying they were feeling better now, or something like that. The next morning, two of them dropped dead. The way they grabbed at their throats and keeled over didn't look all that comfortable, to be honest.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 20, 02:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comfort Soup primarily exists in my neighborhood as Owned Restaurant Menu Item.  Very few of the Sims who can make it in my neighborhood ever actaully do.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 March 20, 22:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.

I thought it was worth having.

It appeals to me, too, just like the cookbook appeals to me even though as far as I can tell its main value is flavor text. 

wherever one keeps play time.
I keep it in my left sock! Cheesy

I don't wear socks at the computer: I'm barefoot all the time unless there's a "No shoes no shirt no service" sign hanging somehwere.  Though I don't wear belts either. I guess I keep my play time in my pockets.  Which would explain a lot, since several of my pockets have holes chewed in them by the dog . . .
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 March 24, 19:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been slowly working my 'hood out of a plague. It's just the cold, but everyone is getting it and then losing it only to get it the moment they talk to another resident. With weekly town meetings and bringing friends home from work/school, it never seems to end. I had approximately a third of the playables over at my Free Love household last round and three of the union were Family sims who kept serving up soup and calling everyone to eat. All I ended up with was tons of message spam as sims would be cured, then immediately be approached and reinfected by someone who hadn't eaten yet.

I think I'm down to only thirteen infected residents out of 32 playables.

Weird stuff - I haven't seen an ill sim since the base game. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 March 24, 21:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on the neighborhood. Odds for an individual aren't that high, but all it takes is one sickness in a very close-knit 'hood to spread it to everyone. I hadn't had any sickness in my 'hoods for months...at least half a year, maybe more, before the outbreak. Of course, sims in my Apocalypse are constantly sick with food poisoning, but that is to be expected and is not communicable.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: