More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 23:55:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  How did I bork beds in one apartment sublot?? (well, they're fixed now)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How did I bork beds in one apartment sublot?? (well, they're fixed now)  (Read 5649 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
How did I bork beds in one apartment sublot?? (well, they're fixed now)
« on: 2009 January 06, 08:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing a family that I had recently moved into an apartment.  When it came time to send them to bed for the night, I started being spammed with error messages (was playing in debug mode).  I managed to get child, teen and grandma off to bed through error message pop up hell, but mom and dad's bed was completely non-interactable.  Simply mousing over the bed threw up error messages.  I have attached the latest error log.

I went to another lot and the other occupied sublot in this apartment complex and beds were working fine with no errors.  This seems to be an isolated problem.  I tried several options on the lot debugger, such as clearing gossip and nuking random stuff.  Nothing helped.

Is moving this family out and back in likely to help?
« Last Edit: 2009 January 07, 05:08:35 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How did I bork beds in one apartment sublot??
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 06, 09:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try just nuking all of the corrupt beds.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 06, 10:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean deleting and replacing the beds?  I forgot to mention in the first post that I tried deleting the parent's bed and replacing it, but the new bed still was doing the exact same thing.  Didn't seem to matter if it was Maxis or custom bed either.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 06, 11:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 06, 12:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update your TJ's Smart Beds, also,  if you're using it.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 06, 14:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also (in the dim and distant past) noted that the Inteenimator may render beds useless, depending on what other hacks you have.  If you use the "kitten killer", remove it and test.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 06, 16:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am about 150% sure I don't have Inteenimator since I certainly have never intentionally downloaded it.  Also don't think I have TJ's Smart Beds...  Clearly I'll have to do more thorough searching.  Undecided

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 07, 01:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed my entire Downloads folder and beds still would not work in that apt sublot.  In fact, the sublot was more borked than just the beds, as I discovered that I could not move any of the furnature or place any new furnature.  After putting my Downloads back in, I started up the game and looked carefully through the CC message screen; there was nothing there I didn't recognize.  So...I think I have ruled out InTeen and Smartbeds.

Anyway, moving the family out and then back in seems to have fixed all the issues (at least for now).

Can problems like this be caused by using the apartmentsublotspecifictoolsdisabled cheat?

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: How did I bork beds in one apartment sublot?? (well, they're fixed now)
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 08, 08:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put any of those beds in the inventory?  I noticed recently that they will do that if you have put them in the inventory, you have to delete them and buy new ones or any time you mouse over them it throws bloody errors.  I don't think it was Smart Beds, as I recall I pulled all the Smart Bed mods on the off chance it was that, but it still happened. 

Might be related to some other mod...possibly.  I haven't done much investigation. (AKA can't be arsed to reload my game 50 times at 5mins per load right now, maybe later  Cheesy)

Edited to add in response to Gastfyr last post..

At first I thought 'no can't be the apartment cheat', but thinking about it I did move the problem family from an apartment lot to a residential, it's worth looking into.  I'm not convinced it's apartment related however.

Edit 2..

Before I start, Gastfyr when you removed your mods did you replace those beds after restarting the game and prior to testing?  You should always start clean when testing or new results will be contaminated by old problems, sometimes items that are bugged by a mod/cc will remain bugged even after the offending item/mod is removed.

Generated a new TS2 folder in 'my documents', *some of Lord Darcy's bed changes remain the /c: directory, if the problem exists at this stage those would be pulled too and retested to rule out the mods themselves and the clean game. 

*In between adding/removing beds I run the game for a few seconds and mouse around, assume this is always the case.

Test 1 - Belladonna Cove
Moved Goodie family into small house, placed beds in inventory, removed beds,  - no problems found. 
Enabled testingcheats - reloaded lot, placed beds in inventory, removed beds,  - no problems found.

Test 2
Moved Goodie family to apartment with previous beds in inventory, removed beds, - no problems found
Evicted and moved Goodie family back to residential lot with same beds in inventory, wash/rinse/repeat. - no problems found.

Test 3
Exited game and added Lord Darcy MotiveBedFix to DL, loaded and enabled CC & turned off spam 'do you want to enable' crap, reloaded TS2 and enabled testing cheats, repeat of previous tests at normal residential and apartment lot - no problems found.

Test 4
boolProp aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false
placed the same beds, did the inventory dance, moved apt-resi-apt..rinse/repeat- no problems found

So, it's not the game and it's definitely not LDs motive fixes, which leaves 12,000+ suspect files to check, of course the first thing I should have done is checked to see if the problem was still happening in my game in the first place dur  Roll Eyes  See, I had whisky in my coffee the night it happened and I'm not even sure what I did, though I remember doing something, and vaguely remember testing the beds after reloading a few times, I might have solved it already  Grin

Final Edit:
Looks like I already fixed it in my game, typical.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 08, 10:40:31 by miramis » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 10, 22:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miramis, wow.  that was a lot of testing you did.  lol

Did you put any of those beds in the inventory?
Yes!  All the beds had been in inventory, since I'd had to move the sims out and back in a couple of times already (to fix building problems with the apartment lot I'd built).  I should have thought of that, actually, because in the past I have had problems with food breaking while in sim's inventories.

Gastfyr when you removed your mods did you replace those beds after restarting the game and prior to testing?  You should always start clean when testing or new results will be contaminated by old problems, sometimes items that are bugged by a mod/cc will remain bugged even after the offending item/mod is removed.
See, this is why you are more awesome than me.  *hangs head in shame*

Well, as of right now, the beds in that family are working fine.  It seemed moving them out and back into the apartment solved the problem.  However, I do want to avoid the same problem in the future.  At least now (after reading your post) I have more of an idea what the heck I am doing.   Wink

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 16, 23:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has to be a mod that caused it, just go through every mod you have with a fine tooth comb and check for an update.  I would start with Maty & TJ first since they're the most regularly updated, but hopefully you've already updated the offending mod without realising and the problem is solved.  I've just had a bit of experience with hunting down possible causes, problem hunting in The Sims 2 is more frustrating than testing an mmo though because it takes so darn long to load with all my content.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 17, 06:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was testing with only a few hacks in, but I'm getting no errors at all in my test hood.  So I think I'll put in all my hacks and see how it goes.

Also, like you said, I'll be updating everything I can.

I'm kinda scared to go back to the original apt where I was having all the problems, since it was such an unplayalbe mess, and also becaue I really care about that hood and those sims and I really, really want to just play them and not bork them worse than they already are.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: