More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 20:46:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about notownieregen and gardenclub members
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about notownieregen and gardenclub members  (Read 3411 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Question about notownieregen and gardenclub members
« on: 2008 July 26, 08:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering what would happen if I moved in all garden club members, let them age and die.

1) Are they still adressable as GC members when playable (buy potion, apply for membership etc.)
2) What happens when all of them are dead?
- Will new GC members spawn in spite of notownieregen, because they're not real townies?
- Or will the GC cease to exist? And would this FUBAR my game?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Question about notownieregen and gardenclub members
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 26, 09:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering what would happen if I moved in all garden club members, let them age and die.
The Garden Club is not covered by norespawns because the Garden Club does not "respawn". They function more as NPCs than as townies.

1) Are they still adressable as GC members when playable (buy potion, apply for membership etc.)
No.

2) What happens when all of them are dead?
Nothing.

- Will new GC members spawn in spite of notownieregen, because they're not real townies?
Garden Club members do not spawn unless you create a need for them to exist.

- Or will the GC cease to exist? And would this FUBAR my game?
The Garden Club will cease to exist until such time as you create a need for them to exist. If no one ever calls for them, they will not spawn on their own. Like with NPCs you have deleted all the examples of, they will simply remain nonexistent until such time as you create a need for their existence.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 26, 17:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I befriended and briefly moved-in a club member. She was no longer affiliated with the Garden Club at this piont and became just another playable until I moved her out again and townified her. After her removal from the club there was no new character spawned until the next time one of my sims requested free money a garden inspection. Then some guy I'd never seen before - with requisite bad clothes and hair - arrived with the others.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 27, 07:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Garden Club will cease to exist until such time as you create a need for them to exist. If no one ever calls for them, they will not spawn on their own. Like with NPCs you have deleted all the examples of, they will simply remain nonexistent until such time as you create a need for their existence.

That's great news - I half expected the game to explode when all the members are gone. The fact that they neither belong to the NPC nor to the townie family left me a bit unsure of how the game would handle their disappearence.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: