More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 13, 19:25:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Elder pets at the store
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Elder pets at the store  (Read 4259 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Elder pets at the store
« on: 2008 July 27, 18:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My search-fu has failed me on this...

It seems like very time I build a pet store, either the cat or dog display decides to offer only elders. Do I need to have more than one of each display to cover my bases, or is there a way to get the display to "reselect" its offering so that I can purchase an adult without having to "dormtools false" and buy a new bin while shopping? Entering the lot and selling/replacing the display does not change the age available on next visit.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Re: Elder pets at the store
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 27, 18:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pet buying dialouge gives you an option between adult pet or elder pet. For some reason it defaults to elder.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 27, 18:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pet buying dialouge gives you an option between adult pet or elder pet. For some reason it defaults to elder.
Gah, srsly? Smeesh, I've looked and looked at that dialogue, hoping to see such an option, but I've never spotted it. Maybe I'll have better luck with my swanky new glasses. Thanks for the reply, Annan.

edit: Well, I'll be damned. No wonder it was so hard to spot. It's all hidden away right there where you can't miss it. Swanky glasses are swanky.  Cool

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 27, 21:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That will explain why a teen recently ended up with an elder dog instead of a pup. I bought it at an EAxis community lot and just thought something was borked as usual. I don't generally buy the pets, just make them myself and add them to the family.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 27, 21:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah, srsly? Smeesh, I've looked and looked at that dialogue, hoping to see such an option, but I've never spotted it. Maybe I'll have better luck with my swanky new glasses. Thanks for the reply, Annan.

edit: Well, I'll be damned. No wonder it was so hard to spot. It's all hidden away right there where you can't miss it. Swanky glasses are swanky.  Cool

Don't worry, I found out the hard way too. Tongue

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 28, 05:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. I had to age down using SimPe Undecided

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 28, 06:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feeling slightly better now, seeing as I'm in such august company.  Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: