More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 20:50:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  MOAR Blue Flashing Shit!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: MOAR Blue Flashing Shit!  (Read 2851 times)
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
MOAR Blue Flashing Shit!
« on: 2008 May 03, 16:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read the "effing blue flashing shit" thread down half the page, but it did not seem to solve my problemo. Hopefully one of you guys can direct me how to stop this craziness.

Before I start, let me say I have had this problem for YEARS, on five different computers and many different Sims installs. I am ready for it to be gone.

I have a family of elves. Yes, elves (more so Hyrule citizens with giant elf-like ears). I downloaded some elf ears from MTS2 or some other good freesite, and they work peachy keen. Then, all of a sudden, they start the flashing blue stupidity. I go "Change Appearance" in a mirror for a quick fix, but it never lasts through closing the game and starting it up again.

I tried the Lot Debugger, Fix > Flashing Blue > Sim, but that didn't really work. Well, no, I take that back. It DID work on my Sim(s), but then another object on the lot would start flashing blue when it wasn't before. Very frustrating.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how to fix this permanently? Or am I stuck in the flashing blue void for all eternity? Thanks.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: MOAR Blue Flashing Shit!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 03, 16:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is ths elf ear an accessory? AFAIK there is no permanent fix for this problem.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Flashing_Blue_Accessories

Lot Debugger's "Fix Flashing Blue" is the same as Change Appearance in mirror. It only lasts for the playing session.
There are several old threads about this same issue. Search for flashing blue accessories for more info.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 03, 16:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new theory- tutorial by HP here:
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283059
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 19, 10:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I remember that discovery. I was messing with some shit and found out that when I did something, shit stopped flashing blue. Doing Fix Flashing Blue would temporarily alleviate the problem, but doing that and THEN fixing flashing blue will eliminate it for good.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: