More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 00:44:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Carpool not showing/no hour warning?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Carpool not showing/no hour warning?  (Read 4521 times)
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Carpool not showing/no hour warning?
« on: 2008 April 10, 20:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims never gets her one-hour notifier or carpool showing up, for no apparent reason.

The house is downloaded, and for some reason was set as community, so I re-zoned it and replaced the mailbox and trashcan. The family in it consists of one Sim and her cat. Jemima is in a custom career, but about ten other Sims in the same neighbourhood are also in that career and have no problems.

Jemima is the one who has never had her one-hour notifier for work, or her carpool. Her cat, Alcibiades, gets his notifiers and carpools just fine. I have 'Fixed Work-State' on the debugger several times, nuked all sim schedulers, basically done anything that looked relevant, including resetting Jemima. Inge's portal revealer shows that all portals are in their correct places, and besides, the cat's carpool shows up.

Since she was Level 10 and everyone else is lower, I tried demoting Jemima via the debug menu on the newspaper - still no dice at Lvl 9, despie the fact that her genuinely Level 9 counterpart works fine. She never reached Level 10 manually, if it's relevant: she was put there during 'hood setup. On the other hand, the same is true of her workmates.

Also, her workmates continually bring her home from work, so it's not that the game simply doesn't register her as employed.

There's no error message in debug mode - the notifier and car just don't come.

Does anyone have any ideas?
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Carpool not showing/no hour warning?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 10, 22:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried buying her a car and letting her drive to work?
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 10, 22:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, because the lot is neither big nor level enough (also, it's 1704, but for testing purposes I'll let that slide). I might go and look up that street parking tutorial, though, and give it a go.

EDIT: Blast. All roads lead to MATY and JadeEliott's deleted tutorial. Does anyone know where I can find a summary?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 11, 00:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else asked for this recently, and I found a document where I'd copied and pasted her tutorial. You can download it if you like, though the formatting is a bit wonky:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rm93xibzdbv
I hope Jade Elliot doesn't mind this being posted, her tutorial seems to be sorely missed!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 11, 23:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem in a custom uni dorm, which also had to be built with the changelotzoning cheat.  The students didn't get notices for class or finals time, though everything else was fine.  In that dorm, I moved the affected students out, entered the lot in build mode and saved.  Then I moved everyone back in, and that solved it.

I'm not sure if that build mode save was necessary; I did it mostly out of superstition.  I know you tried re-setting Jemima; have you also tried moving her out and back?
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 11, 23:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet. I'll give that a go next rotation, too Smiley Just finished this one and I have a dissertation to procrastinate on, so it shouldn't be long now.

*baas at Simsample*
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 12, 04:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also try:

1) Sketch a floor plan or take a few screenshots (in build mode, with the grid showing) of the layout of the house;
2) Referring to your floor plan/screenshots, build a copy of the house on a new, unoccupied lot;
3) (Optional) Dump the new copy in the lot bin for future use;
4) Move your sim into a nice, unborked version of the house on a nice, unborked lot.

Which is something I've wanted to say I don't know how many time to the question of one borked lot in the game (where the problem is not global). In this case, you'd have a good copy with no improper zoning problem, have the same house, that you liked enough to download, without the no-carpool problem, could build it on a level lot, and a larger lot to accommodate a driveway.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 12, 08:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually want it on an unlevel lot, though Tongue I'm not planning on moving the houses in that subhood for the next 12-odd generations, so I don't much care about the terrain being borked. And except for testing purposes, she wasn't going to get a car anyway :p

If all else fails I may give that a go, but it's very much a last resort. Still, it's an idea.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: