More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 19:12:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So you think YOU are obsessed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So you think YOU are obsessed?  (Read 14912 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: So you think YOU are obsessed?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 25, 22:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or convince your hubby that he needs anything in roughly the price range of a computer you want. Must not really be a necessesity, though. Must be something totally frivolous. Like a watch.
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 25, 22:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the reason it didn't work before when we had two computers was because if I needed more RAM for example, he INSISTED on getting more/better RAM, even if he didn't need it!  There are specific upgrades I need to do the work I do and every time I needed an upgrade, he HAD to have an upgrade to the same or a better part.  It was bleeding us dry (about $200/month on computer upgrades.  Now we spend maybe $400 / YEAR)

I hope it's not going to be the same story when we get another new computer.  Since I'll likely only use the TV computer for the Sims and surfing the web, it's only going to need to be upgraded when a part goes out or an EP boosts the requirements.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 26, 00:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Errr, no, I don't have a full time job at the moment, I'm sighed off work by my doctor until at least august 2006.  I miss working, but part of me thinks, "Aarrggghhh, no can't ever go back to work, where would I find time to play/obsess then???"

Ummm, I'm sure a lot of you would LOVE to read my forum, however since I'm not the only one who writes on it I'd have to get permission before allowing a peek.  We're veeerrry protective of our little world, we've been writing and blogging together for more than 2 and a half years now.  OK, we admit we have no lives lol.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 26, 01:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to get permission from your sims to allow a peek? Hmmmm...you are obsessed. Cheesy
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 26, 01:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, no, my sims "write" with sims of another ever-so-slightly less obsessed simmer, I need to get the other person's permission first, and it's not all pg-13 stuff either
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 26, 01:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed myself askng him if he'd like to take a nap several times on the weekends, just so I can play with my Sims.
[/quote]

LOL...I thought *I* may have been the only one to do this!! I try and coax my partner into having naps on the weekends too so I can play.  Embarrassed

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 26, 03:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From reading all this I am so happy we have each, me and my boyfriend , a computer.  For like 5 years we did not, then Sims 1 appear... 2 years later each of us had our own computer.  Of course at first I ended up with is hold one but I was so happy I could play my favorite game on MY OWN computer.  Since then I purchase a computer I like with the spec I wanted.

So no need for me to push him to take naps, he does it well already on his own  Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 26, 04:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, no, my sims "write" with sims of another ever-so-slightly less obsessed simmer, I need to get the other person's permission first, and it's not all pg-13 stuff either

Seriously, that sounds like fun.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 26, 06:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, that sounds like fun.

That does sound like fun. I find that playing with other people really makes the game different, regardless of how exactly you interract with each other, whether it's by blogging or actually playing the same neighborhood together.

I'm doing Prosperity with two other people. We swap the neighborhood in its entirety. We rolled a 4 for the number of households, so we each own one house, meaning that that house can only be played by the person it belongs to, and the fourth is for anyone to play. For major events that involve each other's houses we collaborate on what can happen. It's getting kind of huge in terms of file size (it's now 4 files 8MB each), but we think we will be able to finish since we are on gen 4 right now for all but one house, which is still on gen 3.

Fail.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 26, 08:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I moved in with my g/f I've pretty much hijacked her computer. In the past two years I've bought her a keyboard set, some decent speakers, a second hard drive (she thinks it's mine, but I sure won't take it with me if we ever break up)...these are the parts she knows about. In order to avoid further drama (since she doesn't want me to spend money in her computer...), I've never mentioned the extra 512MB RAM I recently added...nor the substitution of her Radeon 9200 256MB with a Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB two days ago!
-"Honey, is the computer going faster or is it just my impression?"
-"Yah, I did some disk cleaning and a defrag. Works wonders, doesn't it?"
« Last Edit: 2005 October 26, 08:17:34 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 26, 11:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I have permission to share on a few conditions.

1)  Reading only, no signing up, no posting.

2)  I'm not allowed to post an open link where sheep who don't understand these rules may see it.

So PM me, and if you're not a sheep I'll send you the link Tongue
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 26, 17:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I moved in with my g/f I've pretty much hijacked her computer. In the past two years I've bought her a keyboard set, some decent speakers, a second hard drive (she thinks it's mine, but I sure won't take it with me if we ever break up)...these are the parts she knows about. In order to avoid further drama (since she doesn't want me to spend money in her computer...), I've never mentioned the extra 512MB RAM I recently added...nor the substitution of her Radeon 9200 256MB with a Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB two days ago!

DrBeast, your name does you injustice.  You are a big sweetie.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 27, 10:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DrBeast, your name does you injustice.  You are a big sweetie.

Hehe, thanx...but it's not completely selfless you know. After all, as I am the one who (ab)uses the computer about 99% of the time, I'm the one who's really gaining. BTW, DrBeast is actually an in-the-rough adaptation of the greek term ktiniatros (animal aka beast doctor, veterinarian). And it sounds pretty good too, hehe.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: