More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 08:30:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims MIA via Sim Surgery & how to package inhabited lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims MIA via Sim Surgery & how to package inhabited lots  (Read 2912 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Sims MIA via Sim Surgery & how to package inhabited lots
« on: 2007 December 30, 10:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have four or five sims in a broken 'hood that I'm trying to clone. All the others have been cloned and remade, but these last few haven't been because they don't show up in Sim Surgery. I can see them via Sim Browser and open their files to see all their genetic info, etc. Their little icons are red-backed which I know means they're missing data or somesuch, which is part of the neighborhood's brokenness.

Is there any way to clone them?

Edit: Another problem, with no eagerness to start yet another thread..
How do I go about packaging a lot that's inhabited without losing the furnishings? I've tried having the last person get invited to a neighbor's house and move in, but when I went back to the now-unoccupied house, everything was gone. Grah.

Attempts to package the lot and remove sims via Clean Installer resulted in a lot that places fine, but crashes the game any time I attempt to open it.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 30, 12:17:20 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims MIA via Sim Surgery & how to package inhabited lots
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 30, 13:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can kill off the sims then resurrect them.  I use Christianlov's resurrection hack but I'm sure there's other ones out there.

As for cloning the sims, if there's no image in SimPE for the sim, you won't be able to clone them in SimPE.  You might want to check in your Character Folder and see if there are any .bak files, they might help your restore lost sims.

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 31, 00:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Another problem, with no eagerness to start yet another thread..
How do I go about packaging a lot that's inhabited without losing the furnishings? I've tried having the last person get invited to a neighbor's house and move in, but when I went back to the now-unoccupied house, everything was gone. Grah.

Attempts to package the lot and remove sims via Clean Installer resulted in a lot that places fine, but crashes the game any time I attempt to open it.

Inge has a StayThingsShrub on her website. I've used it with BV. As long as you don't mind the lot value being fubared. (Way less than it should be, from what I've observed.) You'll have to put a sim into the lot long enough to place the shrub and set it to keep objects at move-out.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 31, 01:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a better way.  Pescado wrote:

1. Put "boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename 1" into your userstartupcheat. You already have one, right?
2. When evicting a family, note down the filename of their lot.
3. Evict them normally.
4. Reenter the lot you evicted them from, see it in its furnitureless glory. Save, exit the lot.
5. Keep playing until you get tired and quit, or really need that lot. Repeat steps 2 through 4 as needed for any family that moves out in that session.
6. Dump your lot backups back in your Neighborhood's Lots folder.
7. Next time you reload the game, all of the lots will have their furnitures back. The game will be none the wiser, and you don't have to do any math. It even works on a Mac, as you don't need SimPE! Actually, if you're on a Mac, it probably gets easier, you can just revoke write permissions to the file and chown it to root or something if the game is really stubborn.

I can't be bothered to search and link the actual post, but c'mon, it even sounds like him, doesn't it?  I copied the above from his post into a text file so I'd remember how to do it for myself.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: