More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 21:42:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can this be true?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can this be true?  (Read 15351 times)
Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can this be true?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 25, 13:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest way to make a home restaurant is to change the lot zoning to community, put down everything you need, and change the lot zoning back to residential. Everything works fine, you just have to be able to access the stuff. Alternatively there are 'buy anything at home' hacks that work for that, but I haven't seen a BV one - not sure if they're updated yet.

Just remember to buy everything you need before you change the zoning back to residential and move the sims in. You hafta do some crazy runarounds to get it to work if you change zoning with a sim on the lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 25, 18:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, you can do it that way, but a problem if your family is already in residence and you don't want to move them.

Zephyr Zodiac
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 26, 05:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess they like to leave certain things in game to be done in certain ways (which is lame and restrictive in my opinion) like how you can only get a puppy or kitten through breeding or over the phone when in reality you can get them from pet shops and we should be able to do so in game as well.

There are pet shops, look in your bin

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 26, 05:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eve_ftw: Thank you, I know that there are pet shops in the bin. That wasn't the issue, however. I merely pointed out the fact that one should be able to purchase puppies and kittens from those shops and you can't. (You can only adopt adult and elder aged dogs from shops like in CAS).

Buchignani: Good point, I can do that for Sims who are just going to move to a new home at least. It'd be a proper restaurant that way, too.

ZephyrZodiac: I haven't downloaded the replicator, I should to check it out at least. Thanks for the tip about Around the Sims, I actually use that all the time. I even made some recolors of it awhile back. Cats are so funny, mine don't sleep in their box but the little silver one does like to play in it quite a bit digging at the litter or sides of the lid endlessly. Rather like Sim toddlers in that respect I guess, playing in the toilet...

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 26, 06:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't think my cat is all that bright, really, and he just associated something with a roof over it as for sleeping in, never mind that he should know what cat litter is for!

It does annoy me about the puppies and kittens too, means you really have to have a couple of CAS sims each with a breeding pair, and put them each (two famiies) into the game just for the purpose of breeding puppies and kittens.  I can't understand why it wasn't made possible to create puppies and kittens in CAS........(Maxis put a pregnant bitch into the game, so why can't we?

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 26, 07:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets really annoys me. I wish, like you, that puppies and kittens can be bought from pet shops. I don't like the way you adopt and you don't know what breed you are getting. I'm sorry, but I hate curly-tailed dogs and manx cats. I don't mind having them as strays, but not as my sim-pets. The pet genetics really, REALLY annoy me too, why can't we have mixtures of the breeds? I am sick of my grown up puppies and kitties all looking like 'mommy' Angry

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 26, 11:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pet genetics really, REALLY annoy me too, why can't we have mixtures of the breeds? I am sick of my grown up puppies and kitties all looking like 'mommy' 

Isn't there a fix for this?  I'm sure I've seen one.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 26, 14:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think TJ had a fix for pet genetics for a while, but I seem to recall that he said it was obsoleted by a later patch.  You could check his forums and see if it's still around.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 26, 14:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually alot of the time my puppies/kittens grow up to look about 95% like their father and 5% like their mother. Their genetics seemed much more balanced before the "fix" EA included with one of the patches. Sometimes they do seem like a blend of the two, though. I had a few more recent litters of kittens that turned out perfect but they're third or fourth generation. Is there a way to turn an adult or elder animal back into a kitten? If there was a mod like that you could make a bunch of animals in CAS and then de-age them with the mod and then have the Sim put them up for adoption. You could even keep doing that by merging a family of pets into his or her house every time you wanted new kittens or puppies.

Edit: I forgot to say that I hate the curly tailed dogs, too. If I wind up stuck with one through adoption I don't mind too terribly much it does add some variety at least.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 26, 16:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, making pets in CAS and then moving them in with a family doesn't satisfy the want.  I can't see the point in making it possible to make a pet without an owner in CAS if it doesn't, but EAxis so rarely think things through.

Zephyr Zodiac
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 26, 18:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes they're quite good at overlooking the obvious at times...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 26, 20:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say they all have degrees in it! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: