More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 14:39:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Updated hacks - com-skilling don't work on uncontrolled residents
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updated hacks - com-skilling don't work on uncontrolled residents  (Read 7381 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Updated hacks - com-skilling don't work on uncontrolled residents
« on: 2005 September 27, 00:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested the new NL updated com-skilling.

All the townies had the blue bar and gained skills.
Darren Dreamer - uncontrollable sim, having 1 body, didn't have the blue bar, and didn't gain points.

The previous com-skilling give both townies and uncontrolled residents to gain skill points at the community.

May be it has to be checked again. I add the first com-fkilling JMP made at TS2.

[attachment deleted by admin]
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Updated hacks - com-skilling don't work on uncontrolled residents
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 27, 00:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WAD. Playable visitors do not gain skills under the "official" currently supported version (there were several pre-Uni flavors that were discontinued), as this is both disruptive to Knowledge sims, since knowledge sims must focus on one or two skills or their wants become scrambled, and somewhat of a freebie cheat.

Townies and NPCs are not playable, so would otherwise never be able to gain any skills, making them that much more useless. And horrible, when they make that awful racket that they think passes as music.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 27, 00:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But JMP, why not give the residents to gain skilling points while I am at the community lot? It saves me a lot of work and time, when I visit their houses.

I prefer for sure the first edition you made, and it works fine with NL too...Smiley.

Well, you were younger then, and More Awesome than nowadays...Smiley, may be even smarter...Smiley.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 27, 01:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always like the commskilling, but I think I am going to have to pass on it now, or I would miss all that awful singing from the townies with no creativity.  It's so funny, I would hate to see it fade and disappear ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 27, 02:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, so those of us who don't give a flying fig about those knowledge sims maybe losing out on some want and would rather them just everyone just gain skill points either have to use the old half assed version or the new one which doesn't allow sims from other houses that we aren't currently in control of to gain? Well  Tongue to that.

I'm still using the old version from MTS2 that is skilling for all, but it doesn't seem to work on the downtownies.  Embarrassed I looked at the updated NL hack to see if I could just change whatever setting it was myself but then I thought my head was going to explode from the Simantics flowchart in SimPE.  Shocked I actually did try and make a change that I thought might work myself, but it didn't.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 27, 07:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. Awesome mods are difficult to "improve" on.

It might be nice if this mod allowed playble sims other than Knowledge/Wealth aspiring sims to commskill, but that would be a minor improvement, IMHO.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 27, 17:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I admit to being a dumbass with this simantics stuff, but I'm not a total short bus BBS idiot, I swear!  Cheesy I actually did manage to learn 3DS Max which is something I thought I'd never be able to do.

Anyway, I think I actually have the updated comm skilling working the way I want it, for all sims, and it seems to work in the game. All I did was change the first line of behavior function: skill start from:

0: My person data Person Type == Const 0x0104:0x01 [=[No BCON file]]
                                                                                         true: 11           false: C

to:

0: My person data Person Type == Const 0x0104:0x01 [=[No BCON file]]
                                                                                         true: C            false: C

This is how it is in the old skilling for all version of comm skilling at MTS2 and it seems to work in this game, I guess my question (to anyone who knows) is would there be any unforseen reprocussions for doing this or should it be fine?

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 28, 08:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without looking at the code itself... that looks like it should be okay... but I can't tell you for certain. I'd have to see it in SimPE myself and I'm certainly not an expert compared to other peeps, obviously. Wink

But... if that is the line that seems to check if a sim is of a certain type and then the rest of it (Line C and forward) proceeds to allow the sim to skill on the comm lot, then yes, changing this so that they both continue should allow all sims, regardless of whether they are that type or not should be allowed to skill.

As for dizzy's suggestion to add a check for Knowledge/Wealth, that should be easy to do too.

Just add a line that checks for those aspirations:

1) my person data 0x002E Flag Set? Constant Value 0x013E:0x03

checks for Fortune (Wealth)

2) my person data 0x002E Flag Set? Constant Value 0x013E:0x06

checks for Knowledge

You can add this check after the above line you mentioned, and then True would go to C, False would return False.

The instruction settings to check for fortune/wealth aspiration should look like this:

OpCode: 0x0002 Reserved: 0x00
True Target: 0x000C False Target: Return False

Operands:
2E 00 03 5F 00 08 12 1A
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

To check for knowledge, change the 03 to 06.

If you want to include BOTH checks,  you should have the False Target of the first check go to the line of the 2nd check, so the logic of the pseudocode flows like this:

Assuming that the first line in the hack is the one you (Motoki) posted:

0: Check Sim Type (Is it valid to skill on a comm lot?)
    If True: Go to Line 1
    Else if False: Go to Line 1

1: Check if Sim's Aspiration is Fortune/Wealth
    If True: Return False (Exit the code)
    Else if False: Go to Line 2

2: Check if Sim's Aspiration is Knowledge
    If True: Return False (Exit the code)
    Else if False: Go to Line C (the rest of the code)

After running disaSims2, it should look like this:

0: my person data Person Type == Const 0x0104:0x01 [=[No BCON file]]
                                                                                         true: 1            false: 1
1: my person data Aspiration (0x2E) Flag Set? Const 0x13E:0x3(3)
                                                                                         true: false        false: 2
2: my person data Aspiration (0x2E) Flag Set? Const 0x13E:0x6(6)
                                                                                         true: false        false: C

In fact... you could probably just get rid of the 1st line altogether... at least logically that makes sense. *shrugs*

I don't know if this like a total faux pas in "revealing" info about modding or whatever, but I submit my lips as a sacrifice.  Kiss

And any real modders, please do correct any glaring mistakes as I don't want to be responsible for diseminating false information, which I am quite prone to doing. Wink

Maybe if I get time this week, I'll make this tweak for myself. Lately, I've been doing these sort of mini-customizing tweaks myself to some of my fave mods. Hehe. I've even managed to get a working version of almecho's abduction pregnancy hack compatible with NL (MINUS the InTeen bits... for now, until I can figure out how to add those back in) with my own tweaks to disallow YA pregnancy (which I've heard can still occur in Uni supposably *shrugs*) as well as a 25% chance of getting pregnant now. I love twojeffs' increased abduction odds because I loved having my knowledge sims actually getting their meet alien wants filled, but I hated that they would always come back preggers. Tongue At least now, they will only get preggers some of the time, and my neighborhood won't be flooded with aliens due to excess overpollination.  Cheesy

Anyhew, hope this helps and what not. And incidentally, when I was in elementary school, I used to take a short bus. Tongue Probably explains a lot...  Grin (Actually... our bus wasn't that kind of short bus... HONEST! It was mostly for peeps whose kids lived too close to the school to "qualify" for a long bus, but still Too far to just walk... or in my case, kids whose parents were far too overprotective and wouldn't let them walk 5 blocks to school. Tongue)

Ste

Disclaimer: I only recommend futzing around with SimPE if you have a basic clue of what you are doing, with the caveat that any changes you make could potentially turn your game and/or computer into a bfbvfs. Tongue So... always back yo' shit up, foo!

I highly recommend reading up on stuff at the SimPE site (Carrigon's tuts) as well as Dizzy's tuts/how-tos on VS. I've learned a great deal from there, and I still have a looooooooooong way to go before I can even understand simple things, but those tuts are totally helpful. Cheesy

PS. I took a look at the set of globals for group 0x7F01EC29 and here is a list of the different aspirations:

Const 0x13E:0x1(1) Romance
Const 0x13E:0x2(2) Family
Const 0x13E:0x3(3) Fortune
Const 0x13E:0x4(4) Power Huh
Const 0x13E:0x5(5) Popularity
Const 0x13E:0x6(6) Knowledge
Const 0x13E:0x7(7) Grow Up
Const 0x13E:0x8(Cool Pleasure Seeker
Const 0x13E:0x9(9) Grilled Cheese

I'm not sure what 4 would be... I just only looked for those. 4 might be Power... whatever the hell that is. I've seen it show up when playing around with the Sims Modder baby object that's now available with the testing cheats. Perhaps it is an unfinished Aspiration? I set a sim to it, and there is now Aspiration icon for it (like how Knowledge has a stick figure man holding a book, Popularity has a stick figure holding two other stick figures, Romance has a stick figure with a heart or something, etc.) Ok... I took a quick peek again at those globals and 4 does in fact represent Power. When I set a sim to that aspiration, they rolled up wants to get jobs in the miltary and politics. I suspect that it is indeed an aspiration that is unfinished. Can't say for sure, but I have never seen it mentioned in any other threads/posts before in any of the forums I've visited. It would be neat if they did add it back and fleshed it out, but perhaps it was just too similar to other Aspirations or they couldn't decide how to differentiate it? Your guess is as good as mine. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2005 September 28, 08:22:50 by syberspunk » Logged

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 28, 10:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, oh my - I don't understand the Ancient Egyptian Hierogliphs...Smiley.

JMP, can you make the first com-skilling, with WARNING that it can be used only by players that IGNORE the chance cards? In that case no harm will be done.

Please, pretty please!...Smiley.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 28, 13:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he is being grumpy and ignoring us because we're whining lol.

Here's the version I made with the one change to the check for the type of sim that always goes to the next line for letting them skill gain whether the check returns true or false. The old version of skilling for all at MTS2 uses this same entry for its first line and I've been using this little update I made for a while now and it seems to work just fine.

Actually, the only difference and change that needs to be made for it to work this way is so ridiculously simple and literally takes a couple of seconds to do. The only reason I can see for him not to do it is to be obstinate.  Tongue

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 September 28, 21:08:04 by Motoki » Logged

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 28, 15:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bless you, Motoki!!!

I really was frustrated that at the community lots the residents couldn't gain skills. Why the townies can, and the residents are inferior??? unaccaptable...Smiley.

JMP has "noagediscrimination" - I want "noresidents discrimination"...Smiley.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 28, 19:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOTE:

When I tried clicking on the comm-skilling.package file Motoki linked to, it tried to save it with the name "index" and a document file type.  I had to change the name to comm-skilling.package and change the document type to All.  Seems to have worked.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 28, 20:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, it worked for me. Maybe I should have made it a zip? I suspect some versions of browsers don't deal too well with unknown file extensions.  Sad

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 28, 20:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it named as "comm-skilling.package", same name as JM's one.
But to zip it is not a bad idea.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 28, 20:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, "package" IS a known extension on my system.  Clicking on one opens SimPE.

I suspect it's a broken part of my browser, there are other things that don't work as expected.  Glad it works for other people.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 28, 22:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I have to thank you again!!!

I sent Dustin Broke to the community, and there was Cassandra training body - uncontrollable sim, resident. I saw the Blue bar above her head, and then got the message that she gained a skill point!

I was at the seventh heaven...Smiley.

Thanks for third time...Smiley.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: