More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 16:34:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  mods that do and don't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: mods that do and don't work  (Read 71739 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: mods that do and don't work
« Reply #100 on: 2005 September 19, 09:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And conversations with enemies are predictably short.
Why would you call them at all? I've never seen this, my sims must not have enough enemies, can you insult enemies over the phone and keep relationships low?  Undecided

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 September 19, 09:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you call them at all? I've never seen this, my sims must not have enough enemies, can you insult enemies over the phone and keep relationships low?  Undecided
To harass them, of course. Phone Harassment is the fastest, albeit unilateral, way to slaughter a relationship. Or keep it slaughtered, as the case may be: Instant -50 to STR, and takes only a few seconds to go through. Your best friends will instantly hate you as much as your worst enemies in only 4 shots. It is the single most heinous crime a sim can commit, even worse than jealousy (which is -80, but only works once, unlike phone harassment, which can be performed serially).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #102 on: 2005 September 19, 10:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which hack is the one that keeps everyone from calling you and saying, "Don't forget about me".  That's the one I'm wondering about.  Maybe it's the phone hack I'm thinking about and not autoyak.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 September 19, 10:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phone Harassment is the fastest, albeit unilateral, way to slaughter a relationship.

I've not harrassed anyone by phone! I must be too law-abiding or something, I always cancel when is says 'phone harrassment is bad, m'kay?' I never even thought about using the function intentionally to make enemies. D'oh! I feel I should link this to the Retardo forum.  Lips sealed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 September 19, 11:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which hack is the one that keeps everyone from calling you and saying, "Don't forget about me".  That's the one I'm wondering about.  Maybe it's the phone hack I'm thinking about and not autoyak.

That's the phone hack, not autoyak.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 September 29, 19:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The aspiration recharge tweak hack does not seem to be working for me.  Someone else here said it was working for them, but I'm not getting the option on my thinking caps.  This hack isn't listed on Dr. Boris' list either.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 October 01, 12:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please add the baby controller "eye in the sky" object to the list of non-rotateable objects in NL.  It has the same problem that the bathroomusesyou object used to have before the most recent update.

Karen
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 October 01, 13:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been using the baby controller in NL because I thought someone said it didn't work?  Or was it just limited functionality?  Something about babies not being automatically stowed or some interactions not being available.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 October 01, 13:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the baby controller functions work fine.  The problem with babies not being put back into their cribs seems to be an intermittent one, and everything else works OK.  I haven't had any problem using it with toddlers. 

Karen
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 October 01, 16:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, maybe I"ll try it.  I sure miss the baby controller.  What about the anti baby harassment mod?  My sims are back to continually harrassing the baby now, feeding it when they just finished feeding it, and leaving it in the kitchen in front of the refrigerator.  Then the poor thing wets his diaper, and they feed him again instead of changing him!  The only ones that aren't obsessed with the baby are the child and the toddler.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 October 01, 17:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baby harassing is driving me up the wall now! I know that no baby harassment was always supposed to be experimental, but I hope we get a NL compatible version.

Also, I don't know what Tom was talking about saying those nannies are being fixed in NL, but they are just as screwed up as ever. A lot of the problem with autonomous sim actions towards babies and toddlers both in nannies and playable sims is that it is extremely biased towards hunger over all else, which I suppose is because that's what will get the social worker to come. So if a baby or toddler is only halfway hungery, but all the way down on energy or bladder, sims will stick them in a high chair while they scream bloody murder or keep going back to the refridgerator to get an endless supply of bottles which the baby always rejects because the poor thing is passed out on the floor. Sims also do not check to see if someone else is already attending to the child so it's not uncommon for 6 or 7 sims plus a nanny to all be trying to interact with the child, which causes a major traffic jam and they just sit there or all try to fight for who's going to harass the kid.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 October 01, 18:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to take the chance of putting the no harrassment back anyway, if as a previous poster said the only problem is not being able to directly hold a toddler. I didn't realize how well it worked until it was gone and I had a household of six adults/teens AND all the random visiting relatives swarming that poor baby when it was sleeping.

My big question about what works is with the respawn hacks. I had been happily townie-free since pre-Uni, and so I was really wanting to get rid of these new townies NL forced upon me. I'd read elsewhere that the respawn hacks worked, so I put them in and happily moved the townies' character files out and edited memories.

However, through much experimenting and a few "gasp" moments when I couldn't get past the neighborhood loading screen, I discovered that taking all those characters out made the game hang up before loading. My second proto-'hood with only a few Sims in it loaded just fine, and when I put the townies back the first 'hood finally loaded also.

So my question is - is it the respawn hack fighting against the game's want to recreate all those damned downtownies? Is it the fact there are so many "Unknown" slots in the Neighborhood/Memory file after I get rid of them? I'm on a fourth generation now with a couple hundred playable Sims, and I've made exactly one dormie playable. I don't want them, but as it stands now I'm stuck with them...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 October 01, 18:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I just had to laugh at your description above because it so accurate.  I honestly don't understand how some people say some of their sims are so good with the babies and other sims aren't good with babies.  In my opinion, sims are all equally stupid and inept.  Perhaps on a rare occasion a sim will change a baby's diaper if it drags the environment down enough, but I have left sims to their own devices many times with a changing table in the baby's room, and they will never use it without my telling them to.  They insist on shoving bottles in the baby's face but never changing their diaper.  I have seen them bathe the poor thing but only to put the dirty diaper back on them because it still needed changing!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 October 01, 20:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... so I put them in and happily moved the townies' character files out and edited memories.

I think that might be your problem right there, actually... hacking and slashing character files like that tends to lead to badness. It seems that the only safe way to deal with extra townies is not to put a downtown in in the first place, or use deleteallcharacters to wipe those neighborhoods completely clean after setting them up.

Hope you have a backup. Tongue

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 October 01, 21:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to take the chance of putting the no harrassment back anyway, if as a previous poster said the only problem is not being able to directly hold a toddler. I didn't realize how well it worked until it was gone and I had a household of six adults/teens AND all the random visiting relatives swarming that poor baby when it was sleeping.
I'm still using it with no problems whatsoever short of that one missing interaction. Also if you leave an infant lying on the floor, you won't be able to click it directly to pick it up again, but there are various ways to work around that.

Of course, for all I know my game could be slowly dying in secret areas I'm ignorant of, but all seems perfectly well. It's bad enough I'm playing without the phone hack.

Without nobabyharrassment, their constant desire to bathe clean toddlers drives me to kill.
mmmyrs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 October 01, 22:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed they don't run to turn off their computers now. That drove me crazy in Uni!

Don't be open-minded, your brains might fall out!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 October 02, 21:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put a bunch of Sims through college for the first time since installing NL.  Happy to report that the College Rampage option of Macrotastics worked perfectly for me.  I was kind of reluctant to try it because I'd heard other people having problems with this, but I didn't have any issues at all.

Karen
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 October 02, 23:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that might be your problem right there, actually... hacking and slashing character files like that tends to lead to badness. It seems that the only safe way to deal with extra townies is not to put a downtown in in the first place, or use deleteallcharacters to wipe those neighborhoods completely clean after setting them up.

Hope you have a backup. Tongue

Yup, I just tossed the character files back in and it worked okay again. I guess I'll just have to go killing them on lots like I did with the original townies before using the NPC Tool item (I think it was by Wintermuteai) to kill them all. I used that again after NL, but it only nukes regular and dormies, not the downtownies. Their files will still clog things up uselessly, but at least they won't keep coming home with my Sims and filling their Want slots...

I'm still using it with no problems whatsoever short of that one missing interaction. Also if you leave an infant lying on the floor, you won't be able to click it directly to pick it up again, but there are various ways to work around that.

Of course, for all I know my game could be slowly dying in secret areas I'm ignorant of, but all seems perfectly well. It's bad enough I'm playing without the phone hack.

Without nobabyharrassment, their constant desire to bathe clean toddlers drives me to kill.

Yeah, so far it's been working well for me even with those issues, too.Tested it in a house with twins and much to my relief they didn't bother them unless I told them to. I'd much rather have to use items to make them pick the kids up than leave it the way it was!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 October 03, 01:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed they don't run to turn off their computers now. That drove me crazy in Uni!
my sims still run to turn off computers even in nightlife. it drives me batty!the hack I have that isnt supposed to work but does in my game is the nocheering hack..................Thank god.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 October 03, 07:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... anyone know if the StereoHack works?  When I deign to let my sims listen to (the same, old) music, I'd at least prefer to have my say in when it gets turned off and on.  I'm gonna throw it in and see if it causes the good old Fiery Ball Visible From Space, but oh well.
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 October 03, 08:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'm gonna throw it in and see if it causes the good old Fiery Ball Visible From Space, but oh well.

So it's a win-win situation then.  Grin

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 October 03, 09:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean the stereo that u can malpulate the dancing skill yes it does used it soon after I got nightlife. Or did you mean the stereo hack theat JM did I dont know about that one.
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 October 03, 10:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly don't understand how some people say some of their sims are so good with the babies and other sims aren't good with babies.  In my opinion, sims are all equally stupid and inept.

The sims are the same, but the circumstances and the players are different. 

I used to treat babies and toddlers like little alarm clocks. I would only do something when they started yelling or stinking.  That's when every sim in the household decides to interfere.  Pre-emptive strikes work much better, as you can choose a convenient time for other sims to do the feeding or cuddling and the infant doesn't get distressed and press its panic button. 

chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 October 03, 12:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMs Stereo Hack.  It prevents naughty sims from randomly turning the stereo off, turning it back on, deciding to take a nap spontaneously, being awoken by the music and pitching a fit, then turning it off again, all the while another poor sim is trying to get their groove on with their special someone.

What it does is stop them from autonomously turning it off altogether.  I haven't known sims to turn it on autonomously, so it works well.  If it were possible to actually cancel out of the autonomous "Turn Stereo Off" action, it wouldn't be so bad, but once a sim has decided to do so they will from whatever range they may be, regardless of how I feel about it.

Preliminary testing (ie. using the old version and playing vaguely normally) indicates that the Stereo Hack is working in terms of making the sims slightly less neurotic in their music hardware power choices.  If anything weird starts happening (that isn't a result of me being a dork and messing with things in SimPE), I'll let you know.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 October 03, 17:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Elders don't seem to be dying properly either with or without the deathfix. It makes no difference.

And there seems to be this new thing where Sims who've just been saved from death disappear from the UI.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: