More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:05:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fixing a borked apartment controller
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fixing a borked apartment controller  (Read 2953 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Fixing a borked apartment controller
« on: 2009 March 03, 03:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apartment controller is creating errors when I save and eventually causing my game to crash when I play a certain family. I've run the bat box's apartment residency fix (my playables were marked as npc's?) and run the hack conflict utility and gotten rid of everything that conflicts. I'm still getting errors so I assume I have to delete the controller somehow. I read in another thread ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13493.0.html ) that hitting delete when the error message pops up might cause my apartment to turn into common space. I'd rather this doesn't happen. Is there any other way to fix the controller without moving the sims out?

I'm attaching my error log if it helps any.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 03, 14:25:19 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fixing a borked apartment controller
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 03, 14:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. That apartment building is basically FUBAR. Something about the way you built it, installed it, upgraded it, or played it has corrupted some internals and there is no known way to fix it. Burn it down and collect the insurance money.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 06, 05:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alas. Does the apartment controller control the whole building or just that apartment? Just wondering if moving out the one family is likely to fix it.

Also, are there does and don'ts of apartment building/installing/upgrading?
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 06, 06:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an apartment that was doing the same as you describe, spambi.  It had only one playable family living in it.  I didn't really 'fix' it, I suppose, just found a work around.  What I did was move out the family, load the lot and changed it back to residential, went back to neighborhood screen and packaged the lot; then I bulldozed the lot in game.  Then I installed the packaged lot (lot only, obviously, since any cc in it is already in your game), placed it where the old lot was, visited it once in game to change it back to an apartment (made no other changes though), and moved the family back in.  The 'new' apartment didn't have the error anymore when I saved. 

I don't know why it had the error to begin with, or what to do--or not do to--to avoid it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: