More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 03:49:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Restoring the neighborhoods folder from a backup to the current game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Restoring the neighborhoods folder from a backup to the current game  (Read 2638 times)
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Restoring the neighborhoods folder from a backup to the current game
« on: 2009 June 02, 05:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that possible without screwing anything up?  As I previously mentioned in an earlier thread, I made a backup, and then completely uninstalled M&G because it got borked.  Can I take the neighborhoods folder from my backup (while it was still considered M&G) and overwrite the current one (AL)?  I'm just interested in recovering the families that went poof, starting from scratch has worn a bit thin.  Thanks in advance.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Restoring the neighborhoods folder from a backup to the current game
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 02, 15:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try my best to help. First, are you saying you uninstalled M&G and never installed it back? As far as I know, but I could be
wrong, if you uninstall an EP or Sp, you cannot play the neighborhood you used to play until all the EP's and SP's are
installed again. If you did reinstall M&G, then you are good.

Secondly, if you did reinstall M&G, then yes you should be able to replace your neighborhoods. Just take out
all the old current neighborhoods out of the folder, and put in all your back-up neighborhoods. I would advise not just overwriting
the neighborhood files, just to be on the safe side.
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Restoring the neighborhoods folder from a backup to the current game
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 02, 16:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, thanks for responding.  Yup, that's correct.  I uninstalled M&G and don't plan on reinstalling it again.  I thought that was the case as well, once you uninstall you can't go back to use those files unless you reinstall that latest pack again.  Damnit, I wanted to go back to playing some of those families again.  Oh well. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: