More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 04:58:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't get sick
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't get sick  (Read 4382 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Can't get sick
« on: 2007 February 01, 20:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok this is bull shit. My sims can't get sick. I've had this guy walking around filth for days and nothing. Eating out of trash cans nothing. once he ate spoiled pizza and got food poisoning for like 3 hours. He was in aspiration failure and still it didn't last. UGH I want ILLNESS and death. I check my hacks and mods i couldn't see anything that should be preventing illness but it just doesn't seem to happen anymore.
Anyone got any ideas.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Can't get sick
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 01, 20:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leave trash piles out for awhile until roaches show up. Roaches always seem to cause disease. Also try the Science career reward, if your Sim has few Logic points.

After your Sim gets sick, enclose him in a room with nowhere to sit down. Espresso bar, shower, crappy toilet so he can't get any comfort at all. He'll die in about a day.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 01, 20:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I really don't want him to die quickly. Plus roaches have been there 3 days already.  I would like him to be my "typhoid Mary" and bring the plague upon the hoods.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 01, 20:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to think sickness could actually kill my sims so i made them rest and everything, talk abut a surprise when i actually went to the war room and read up on it finding out it's near impossible to kill them this way.

I too would definitely like to see illness and DEATH by it.  It even occured to me that romance sims who sleep with everything that moves should have a high chance of catching a illness that can cause death.

Anyway your best bet if you want your sims DEAD by illness is probably to turn on the testing cheats mode and tell him to die from it.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 01, 21:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Locking a sim in a room in order for him to die is unnecessary (and kind of mean, sheesh!). Plus it kind of feels cheaty and it keeps contagion down to about nil. So when I want a sim to die of disease I just keep his motives around the half-way point.

He can walk around, but you just have to keep his comfort very low. Have him stay up painting until he is just about exhausted and then send him to a community lot while he is sick. Have him closely interact with multiple sims if you want him to infect your 'hood.

You can let him sleep, but only until his energy is up to just less than halfway. You can let him eat, but you can't let him get full. You can let him go to the bathroom all he wants, but interrupt his showers (no baths) before he is more than half-way clean. Keep his motives right around the half-way point and he will drop dead quite suddenly from disease.

Use the black box of wonderfulness (aka FFS Lot Debugger) to check on the plague details. I do not know what all those two letter abbreviations mean, but you can get enough information from the Plague thread in The War Room to know most of them and make reasonable guesses on the other ones. I think there is one that starts with the letter R (I think it is RT- I think of it as Recovery Something) and it has to be lower than the one that indicates what dosage of the plague that your sim has. It especially needs to be in the negative for the sim to die.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 01, 21:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind sims getting sick, but once I had a hood where I just couldn't stamp it out, no sooner did I get one family well, than it got infected again while I was playing another family. So now I cure them quickly, purely because all the popup messages annoy the crap out of me and it's hard work to make them die, by the sounds of it. I've never had one die from an illness.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 04, 18:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of Sims die from illness, including one Legacy heir. The deaths were all unplanned and all happened within minutes of loading the family, so I think it was a mixture of them being sick and me playing a large number of households with a long time elapsed between playing individual families. It hasn't happened in a while, so I assumed EA readjusted something.

Worst plague I ever had was when scientist Rod Ninerdeux used the Biotech station to try to cure his family's case of flu, and instead let loose several viruses on the neighborhood. One of my Sims died twice from it.

I'm currently going through my main neighborhood and quarantining everybody who has flu until they're cured. Nobody in my neighborhoods has died from sickness in a very long time, but about a fifth of my neighborhood has (had) the flu, and it's damned annoying when they stop in the middle of everything and hack their tiny little brains out for Sim minutes at a time.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 04, 19:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How in the world did someone die twice? I want to hear that story!

Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 04, 20:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, it's not that odd. Sim Rosalie Triste keeled over and died in her own household. Her housemate Tamora saved her by pleading with the Grim Reaper. I exited and saved the household before Rosalie was over the Ninerdeux virus, and eventually loaded Malcolm Noir's household. Kaylynn Langerak and Pao Mellon were living with him at the time (romance Sim Malcolm was collecting NPCs) and Pao was good friends with Rosalie. Fortunate for her, because she wandered over to visit and keeled over and died again. This time Pao was successful in pleading with the Reaper. (Relevant to nothing: Pao and Kaylynn moved out, married, and had a very cute daughter.)

How in the world did someone die twice? I want to hear that story!

Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 February 04, 20:13:02 by Moa » Logged
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 07, 20:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok this is bull shit. My sims can't get sick. I've had this guy walking around filth for days and nothing. Eating out of trash cans nothing. once he ate spoiled pizza and got food poisoning for like 3 hours. He was in aspiration failure and still it didn't last. UGH I want ILLNESS and death. I check my hacks and mods i couldn't see anything that should be preventing illness but it just doesn't seem to happen anymore.
Anyone got any ideas.

The food poisoning wouldn't be transmittable, unfortunately, so no point giving him that if you want to spread it... *hmm, I haven't had food poisoning since I have had noeatcrap in, heh* I've had regular flu spread like mad though just by having one family get it and then not paying attention to visitors and not keeping the sick ones isolated. If a Sim gets a sickness as a visitor and you don't play them for a while, they can get the required low motives enough to drop dead fairly easily, though it's not a given. I've had two Sims die of disease as visitors at other houses, one pled back successfully and the other not. Another one died as soon as I got back to his house, but he was pled back as well. Mostly anymore, though, I'm sick of the disease so I nuke it with hacks as soon as it appears. Maybe I'll let it rage again next time to add uncertainty to the whole deal Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: