More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 14:25:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you kill pets?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you kill pets?  (Read 17848 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
How do you kill pets?
« on: 2006 November 10, 03:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a dog that i made for a family and it's just a downright nuisance, it's bugging my sims endlessly for things and just being a general pest, and training doesn't seem to fix it.  So i was wondering is there any way to kill animals?  I know you can get them taken off you or they can run away but what i'm asking is can they be killed?  I already tried to burn the darn animal to death already but it proved to have a coat of fire resistant fur.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: How do you kill pets?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 10, 03:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You sick puppy!! (pun intended)

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 10, 03:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe "Kick till candy comes out" should be added to take out a pet. Or set them on fire (I don't have the expansion, can they burn like sims?).

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 10, 03:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe "Kick till candy comes out" should be added to take out a pet. Or set them on fire (I don't have the expansion, can they burn like sims?).

Unfortunately no they can't as i said in my first post.  Apparently their invaunerable to fire just like toddlers, i guess maxis didn't want us torching them.  Which is a pain since burning stuff is the easiest way to get rid of it.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 10, 03:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try enabling testing chests and adding a death token (shift+click, select kill for those who don't know). Save, exit, and reenter.

I haven't tried this on a pet but it works on toddlers...
 Cool

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 10, 04:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only kind death that pets can have is old age.

Or I could be totally wrong...
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 10, 04:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys, and thanks Astraled I'll give the death token thing a go when I can.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 10, 04:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are hacks from JMP and TwoJeffs that cut out most of the pet obsession.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 10, 04:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there wasn't an option to add a death token but i spawned Rodney's Death Creator and it had the option die of old age for the pet so I did that then a moment later the Grim Reaper showed up to claim him.  The least Maxis could have done was make it so there's a Dog Grim Reaper, like there is in Family Guy.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 10, 05:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang, old age is too kind for some of them. Stupid Maxis EA.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 10, 05:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it seem arbitrary who gets saved from disasters in this game? Why toddlers but not kids? Why pets at all? NO invulnerability, I say.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 10, 06:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The least Maxis could have done was make it so there's a Dog Grim Reaper, like there is in Family Guy.

I second that. If Terry Pratchett can have a Death of Rats, I want a Death of Dogs/Cats!
I never liked the invulnerable toddlers anyway. That's no realism... though I did chuckle at that statue of the old lady where the description explains why toddlers can't be burned.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 10, 07:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can't even die in fires?
Unless I've been smoking bad crack again...couldn't you set them on fire in TS1?  Not that I went around setting my animals on fire...but you know if there was a fire...sometimes shit happened.  Why change it?  Why not let things just happen like it would in real life...dogs..cats...babies...they aren't fire resistant dammit.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 10, 07:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you starve them to death?  I remember getting rid of sims 1 pets that way...  but I guess animal control would just come and grab them now.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 10, 07:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you starve them I think the animal control comes and takes them away.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 10, 08:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*aussieone sticks fingers in ears

Damn all you animal haters.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 10, 08:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just give it up for adoption, it's not like you have to keep it if you don't want it.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 10, 09:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just give it up for adoption, it's not like you have to keep it if you don't want it.

Although that is one way to get rid of an animal but when you REALLY want it gone and don't ever want to see it again the only way to get rid of it proper is so that it's 6 feet under.

I think if you starve them too long the animal control takes them away, I'm not entirely sure since I haven't tried it.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 10, 11:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If animal control takes them away they go to the adoption pool, you're not getting rid of them you're just torturing them for your own pleasure before you give them away.  If you want to get rid of them get rid of them then have a character you don't like adopt them and then delete the lot.  You'll end up with shredded files but they'll be gone.  Once SimPE is offical for pets you can clean it up.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 10, 11:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although that is one way to get rid of an animal but when you REALLY want it gone and don't ever want to see it again the only way to get rid of it proper is so that it's 6 feet under.

Well the adoption pool isn't the stray pool. You don't ever have to really see an animal put up for adoption again unless you call do adopt a pet and browse through the current list.

I've found that in my game strays are horribly behaved while the animals I made in CAS generally behaved quite well even prior to any praising/scolding or training. I guess it makes sense.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 10, 13:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there wasn't an option to add a death token but i spawned Rodney's Death Creator and it had the option die of old age for the pet so I did that then a moment later the Grim Reaper showed up to claim him.  The least Maxis could have done was make it so there's a Dog Grim Reaper, like there is in Family Guy.

That's because everyone goes to the same place when they die so every human that enters those pearly gates gets a kicking from an extinct animal.  Cheesy

If you kill it won't you be hounded (ugh) by his ghost? (unless of course you deleted it) Actually i'd love to see a ghostly sim dog or cat.  Grin
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 10, 15:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are ghosts of pets.  I had a ghost cat after he died of old age but he never came in the house and roamed around - just the backyard (where his grave was). 

My Sim was outside cleaning up a puddle after the damn dog made a mess in the bath and the cat appeared in the puddle and did this really loud HISS and scared the piss (literally) out of my Sim.  Now THAT, I didn't know ghost pets could do. 
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 10, 16:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My friend's ghost dog scared one of her teenage sims to death. Now their ghosts are playing fetch together at night!

(Ghost doggie also digs holes. Sigh.)

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 10, 16:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>I've found that in my game strays are horribly behaved while the animals I made in CAS generally behaved quite well even prior to any praising/scolding or training. I guess it makes sense.

That's because the strays (and half the premade families with pets) are "reverse trained" as in eat-Sim-food, sleep-on-beds, chew-the-furniture, etc.   I'd like to resurrect Tara Kat's mother and make her live with those spoiled brat cats!

I'm also annoyed with Maxis for not allowing two pets with opposite scores (genius/doofus, for example) to have offspring with a "normal" score in that trait.  Believe me, the doofus pets are going to the adoption agency, tootsweet!

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 10, 20:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize pets don't come out when their in the adoption pool i'll have to remember that.

My friend's ghost dog scared one of her teenage sims to death. Now their ghosts are playing fetch together at night!

(Ghost doggie also digs holes. Sigh.)

lol that's halarious.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: