More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:07:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nina and Dina bore me to tears
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nina and Dina bore me to tears  (Read 32144 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Nina and Dina bore me to tears
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 25, 16:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Don Lothario Romance Sim brothel?  Sounds highly intriguing.  I do wonder about Don, whether he's programmed to be obsessed with Dina, because even in my new Pleasantview he's still got the fear of her death all the time, even though he's not spoken to her in ages and gone down to 70/70 or something with her.  She has a fear of his death too, as I recall.  As he has 3 bolts with Nina and only 2 with Dina (or maybe 1, can't remember), I don't know why he's so obsessed with her, or her with him for that matter as she has 3 bolts for Alexander, Darren Dreamer and John Burb or somebody along those lines.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 25, 16:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what?  I have never, ever played the 3 basic neighborhoods.  My Pleasantview is deleted and replaced by my custom neighborhood as #1.  But, now, as I read this thread, I kindof miss never trying to play them.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 25, 16:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only ever played them when I only had the base game! I think it would be fun to play them all now with the attraction thing Smiley When I did play them though, I hated playing the Pleasants, and Don was my favourite-I didn't get him to marry Cassandra, and he stayed engaged to her until he died!

birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 25, 17:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just started to play Pleasantview fresh from the start again. Dina got knocked up by Morty and Nina by Don. Morty is back with a "revived" Bella though, and Don married Cassie after all. I'm thinking of letting Nina swear off guys and matchmaking her with a female townie (adopted as kid by the Oldies and aged up). I guess Dina will be my only single Mom in Pleasantview. After she and Nina got robbed, she decided to become a cop and will probably be very determined in reaching the top of her career.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 25, 18:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played them much because I usally make my own version of Nina and Dina.(Macy and Mia)  The one time I did play Nina and Dina, it wasn't too boring.   Dina and Nina competed for the affections of Mr Monty.  Dina usually gets him by making nice with his kids.  Before they get married, Nina has a vengful fling with Mr. Monty.  Dina has a kid shorty after the wedding, but her step kids do most of the parenting.

Nina turns into a total slut once her sister moves out.  Nina is Mia's freakin' rival and they compete for how many but ugly townies they can bump uglies with.  Mia and Nina also tend to have a bi-curious repulsion attraction thing going on.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 25, 18:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina is one of the most played sims in my game. After marrying old Morty for his money and giving birth to his baby girl, he caught her cheating with her old flame Don, and promptly kicked her out of the house, whereupon she moved in with Don and eventually married him. Dina is currently a Business Tycoon, head of her own cosmetics empire, while Don is still working up to Chief of Staff. They've got 4 kids together, 2 boys and twin girls, and the two boys just recently moved to college, so the house is now much quieter, although the twins, w/ their beauty, are sure to stir up much drama in the ensuing years. On top of that, Dina just got pregnant again via Risky Woohoo, so her & Don's resting days are still quite a far way ahead. LOL.

Nina I've made a bisexual w/ a lesbian partner - townie Brandi w/ the full lips - you know the one. She and her partner are still sitting there in their nice little house though, yet to be played. Surprisingly, they're an unbelievably boring couple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 25, 19:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to hate most of them till I swore that I would play a game the way Maxis intended(before NL).  It wasn't so bad--thought I could do better so I played it a few times with different scenerios then NL came and explained why some sims just didn't get it on like others did--so I did it completely different and with many hours in SimPE this is what I ended up with.  Everyone was stepped down a notch so Nina,Dina,etc. went to Uni.  I erased all previous relationships except if they had children then I just erased their engagement and marriages.  Dina is platimum two days out of Uni--married to Micheal Bachelor(who is also plat) who is now Bella's younger brother.  They are blistfully married and have their first (set of twins) kids-boy and girl.  Nina is blistfully married to Don both are platimum and they just had their third child--he knockes her up the first time she can get pregnant.  They are both faithful to each other as much as they can be.  Don has never gotten caught cheating by Nina(or vice versa)they are always caught by the lover(Don can't keep his hands off Nina).  Most of their outings end in immediate disaster.  Don grabs Nina -ex-lover steps out of vehicle and slaps him.  He doesn't have many left.  Mary Sue and Daniel are extremely happy and have a second set of twins Daniel has only had Mary Sue as a lover and vice versa.  The twins are now in Uni and I didn't want them to have the same relationships but Lilith can't keep her hands off of Dirk and after erasing the hearts three times--I decided  that they will be together again.  No prob with Angela and Dustin--they don't really like each other much anyways.  Dustin is a riot.  I changed him to be mean(to keep with his Maxis persona) and he has gotten into 13 fights so far and he is a freshman in Uni.  He and Brittany took turns beating the crap out of Komei  it was so amusing.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 25, 21:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deaged those two along with Cassandra and Don and sent them off to Uni.  Once I got them there I made Don Woohoo with all three of them immediately.  That set up the chain reaction of drama that made Cassandra break off the engagement with Don and caused a heated rivalry between Dina and Nina.

After that it was pretty much the standard thing.  Cassandra started a relationship with Darren.  Now those two are married.  And before I saved and left the lot I made them woohoo and heard the lulaby chimes.  Dina got together with Mortimer (who I aged down to an adult).  They're now married and just had twins, Adrian and Rachel Goth.

Nina had an epiphany during Uni.  Like the others I didn't think her personality matched that of the personality I would think a Romance sim should have.  So she's now a Knowledge sim.  Don didn't have the same epiphany, but he did have an "accident" with the Renu-Yu Senso Orb.  So he's now a very harmless Grilled Cheese sim.   Grin  Those two got married and had twins as well, Juan and Maria Lothario (Get it?  Don and Juan...   Cheesy)  Juan is just like his mother.  Neat, shy, and serious.  But Maria is just like Don.  Sloppy and outgoing.  She's also extremely nice.  I'm going to have to let Encouragificator take care of that.

Maria will be the new female Romance sim in the neighborhood.  Now I just need a new male Romance sim besides Daniel Pleasant...
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 26, 23:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it.  Nina got pregnant to Nick on her day off from work, then spent the pregnancy having dates and otherwise building relationships.  Brandi was present at the birth of Carlos Caliente but she seemed far too happy about the fact that Nina was having Nick's baby!

I promptly went off to the Broke house where, after one last kiss between Brandi and Nick (I half thought the relationship would have taken a hit but apparently not) I sent Nick for a swim in the pool - hey, it was a want he had.  He had a day off work while everyone else went off to school or work.  Now I have to say that I've never deliberately killed off a sim before - I tend not to let it get to that point, even where I'll cheat to get them back into the green.  I was surprised how difficult it was for me to watch him scream for food, the toilet, and a bed.

Everybody else was in bed and sleeping when Grim finally came for him - Brandi woke only a few minutes too late and she and their twins Bridget and Ben screamed the house down in their grief.  Skip Jr (Brandi's 3rd son) slept on, blissfully unaware, and he hasn't even developed a memory marker for it.

(are deaths from anything other than old age meant to give inheritance?  Brandi & co never received anything, and like I said I don't usually kill off my sims from anything other than old age, so I don't know if that's by design or bug or hack)

<insert witty comment here>
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 27, 00:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vecki, if you want inheritance, you have to use JMP's  "deathfix" hack. Without it there is no inheritance.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 27, 00:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it.  Then I also got the director's cut.  I'm imagining it should be in that.

I just don't know if unnatural deaths get inheritance.  Old age deaths do, from what I've seen in my game.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 27, 00:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that only sims who die of old age give inheritances to their family and close friends. Nothing for any other type of death.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 27, 00:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's alright then.  Even the Prima guide didn't specify.

* vecki kicks Prima

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 27, 01:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everybody is related in PV now so Im going to have to start having them marry NPC's.   I like Dina but I dont really play Nina's House to much.  I resurrected Micheal and even though he and Dina are married again he seems to like Nina more.  They are just best friends though.  Nina has quads with Don.  Don has twins with both Kaylynn and Rainelle.  He has more kids than anyone else so far. Herb and Coral are adults in my game.

ISFJ
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 27, 07:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never interested in Nina/Dina until I used them to experiment when I first got NL. Nina paid $5000 for a blind date, and got - Dustin Broke! A mere child!!

Needless to say, Nina and her toy boy hit it off straight away, three lightening bolts, soppy poetry left on the doorstep etc. etc. Dustin's now in Uni, they're still madly in love and I'll probably be a nice Goddess and let them marry once he graduates.

On a side note, Brandi Broke is less than thrilled with that skank Nina corrupting her boy - she's furious with her and regularly slopes past the Caliente house to kick over the dustbin.

Dina got deleted.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 27, 12:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with the little poking at Pleasantview as I've done, I never did much with Dina and Nina. Dina seemed a little interesting in all of her gold-digging awfulness, but they neglected to really give Nina a personality at all. Pleasantview in general annoyed me - Some character backstories were way overdeveloped compared to others, and some just didn't make sense. How is Mary Sue such a milksop and horrible mother if she was supposed to have been raised by the Oldies, who are described as this really nice old couple? Finally, it really started to bother me that none of the kids were geneticly related to their parents, so...

I extracted the main Pleasantview sims and gave the whole thing the wipe, then re-created the families in CAS but with people considerably de-aged. Many of the adults are now teens living with their re-created parents (I didn't think to try to extract the dead people, so I just made their parents from mashups of the kids); most of the kids are gone, and will have to be re-born in the game. Bella and Morty are young again with a teen Cassandra and child Alexander, while Bella's brother Michael is living as a townie. The Calientes are twin teen models. Brandi was renamed Belinda because I object to naming people after alcohol - really, might as well name them Vodka or Tequila! - and lives with her parents. Daniel and his sister Jennifer are teena nd child, respectively, and live with their parents. The Oldies were not recreated; instead, Mary Sue was adopted by a Maria Martinet, who runs Miss Martinet's School for Wayward Children ( Cheesy ), which is where Don (renamed Donatello) Lothario, Skip Broke, John Burbery (Burb), and Darren and Dirk Dreamer live as teens. I made Darren and Dirk siblings.

All of them got some sort of tweaks to their faces so they look more realistic and less bug-eyed, and the Dreamers got more realistic eyecolours. Some sims got more tweaked than others, since I noticed a few of the men looked way too much alike. Cassandra and Alex look a bit different, as I used the "make a baby" option in CAS to roll them. Nina also looks a bit different, although not immediately obviously so - she looked fine as a woman but her male counterpart had REALLY weird features, so she was adjusted to look more like Dina.

I plan on having some relationships sort out the same - Daniel is going to marry Mary Sue, Brandi/Belinda will end up with Skip - and first pregnancies roll out the same as well as regards to sex and number of children. I'll also play the Sims who had well defined personalities the same as their original backstories, but other than that I'll see what happens. It'll give the more milksop sims a chance to develop actual personalities and backstories and be more interesting to play - like, Dina is pretty easy to explain as a golddigger for any number of backstories, but why on earth is shy Nina a romance sim? Things like that.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 27, 12:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to play the Goths, to see where they were heading.  Well I think I told you all that Morty and Bella died; just as well as I think ol'Morty would have been devastated to see how his boy Alexander ended up.  (He was such a stick in the mud!).  Alexander graduated from Uni, and moved into a fine house next door to Monty and Bella.  He tried to play nicely with the girls but his heart just wasn't in it.  He renewed a friendship with an old college buddy and they fell in love.  Both grew moustaches, bought the wedding arch and had a lovely service in front of their siblings.  Alex and his husband adopted two lovely children, and then bought the old Goth mansion and are still living happily ever after.  It's amazing how prejudice even runs into the Sims; the Nanny tends to go off when the boys are behaving like they're still on their honeymoon!

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 27, 12:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reset often, because I don't play Pleasantview very often  Tongue. Anyway, the last time I checked, Nina is romancing people at random and Dina is married to Mortimer and has a son named Michael. Then I reset, and haven't played anyone 'cept the Burbs. (I love the Burbs)

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 27, 12:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Lythdan, I agree.  I love the Burbs, to me they seem like the only Maxis family that don't have faces that look like busted a@#holes.  I just can't remember where I put them......?

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 27, 12:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always loved the Burbs because they reminded me of my own family a few years back.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 27, 21:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  Those Burbs are one of the happiest couples in my Pleasantview...

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 27, 22:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Burbs always struck me as so cookie cutter. Way too dull. In an effort to spice things up, Jennifer is now running around in ethnic Indian dress. I gave John a beard, and he looks way less blah now. Still, I'd say they are the least played family in my game, right next to Nina & her gf.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 27, 23:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well actually I restarted playing Pleasantview after I install nightlife and made them teen again and they both went to University.

The Nina ended up with Dustin Broke and Dina with a townie YA she met while in school.  They were a bit more interesting to play that way.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 28, 00:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be weird; I've never played any of the plot families.
I've hardly even palyed the default neigbourhoods!
I've played in strangetown a bit, but now I play a completely custom neigbourhood.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 28, 05:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note, Brandi Broke is less than thrilled with that skank Nina corrupting her boy - she's furious with her and regularly slopes past the Caliente house to kick over the dustbin.

It's because Brandi and Nina are perfect for each other. I have paired them up more than once...they always find each other. Brandi is pining away.    Cheesy

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: