More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 20:36:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Student can't move fiancee into dorm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Student can't move fiancee into dorm  (Read 3580 times)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Student can't move fiancee into dorm
« on: 2006 November 02, 01:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a University student living in a dorm with 2 Dormies.  There are two empty rooms (formerly occupied by other playable students who graduated).  The student was created in CAS and added to the dorm by dropping his "family" onto the dorm, which previously contained 2 playables and 3 Dormies. 

The student has asked his fiancee to move in 3 times... before either graduation party when no rooms were empty, after the first graduation party when one room was empty, and after the second graduation party with two rooms empty.  All 3 times, it just fell out of his queue. 

No Dormies have moved into the empty rooms either.

I have the awesome nossrespawn and nostrayrespawn hacks.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Student can't move fiancee into dorm
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 02, 02:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't invite dormies to move into dorms - only residential lots.  The option shows up now with pets, but it's not supposed to and never did before.

The other option would be to wait until your sim has graduated and returned to the home lot, then move the fiance in and they will come already graduated.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 02, 03:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also keep an eye out for an official update to pinheads move in-all hack.

Alternatively... you can try and test my unofficial updated version. I worked with pinhead to create a version for OFB that allowed you to move-in dormies, including dormies that lived in the same household as you. It should properly move them into the same family household [number] (dormies are actually part of the townie 'family' pool), make them properly selectable, add their funds (whatever pittance it may be Tongue) to the dorm lot, and it even should make their dorm room become visible.

The OFB version worked wonders, but it definitely needs an update for Pets. No official update yet, but if you want, you can test my version out now. I say test because I only just updated the code, but haven't tested it out in game yet, and there may or may not be bugs. Also, pinhead usually has two versions, one that has relationship requirements and one that lets you move in anybody regardless of your relationship status with them. I only updated the one I use, which has the relationship requirements (although it shouldn't be too hard to update the one without them).

Anyhew, I'll attach a test copy here for now. I would suggest testing it out first before using it in your official game just in case I borked something. Tongue Unless you're feeling adventurous. Wink Heh. Otherwise, give it a test, possibly with debug mode on to catch any potential errors, like if I forgot to declare a param, local, or return value. If it works without problems, neat! Cheesy If not, then definitely check MTS2 for an update. Or if you have error logs, I can try and fix it. Heh.

Ste

* moveinall_unidorms-EP4.zip (47.34 KB - downloaded 98 times.)

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 02, 03:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use the teleporter shrub...  don't know why I didn't think of that in my first reply!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 02, 03:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the fiancee was a controllable who lived in a different house. 

Update: The next time I played that dorm, one of the empty rooms had a Dormie in (the one that got booted by the student moving in, lol), the other didn't.  Then I switched to the fiancee's house and had her "Find Own Place."  Back to the 'hood screen and drop her into the dorm with the boyfriend!

Problem solved for that particular situation!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 02, 06:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if the dorm is full, whenever you add a playable sim, one of resident dormies frees his room and go away: the only limit is the usual 8 sims/lot, so, you can't ask to move in, but you can always add as many students you want (below the limit) by merging of households.

Also, I noticed that even if you remove the 8 sims/lot limit, with the hack, the limit remains in merging households: you can add more than 8 sims to the lot only with move-in/marriage/try-for-baby.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 02, 08:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually... if you read this thread, it appears that you can probably now enable the merging of more than the 8 sim limit using those startup cheats. I have my game set up, and increased the limits both with the cheats and my own version of the larger households hack. Now, when I go into Uni, I have a household in the family bin with 5 sims in it, and it looks like I have the option to merge it with a household that already has 9 sims. I haven't actually tried this yet because I have specific plans, but I eventually want to merge two households with 5 sims each, for a total of 10. Whenever I get around to it, maybe later today, I will probably post about it to confirm that it worked or not.

Ste

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 02, 13:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if the dorm is full, whenever you add a playable sim, one of resident dormies frees his room and go away: the only limit is the usual 8 sims/lot, so, you can't ask to move in, but you can always add as many students you want (below the limit) by merging of households.

Also, I noticed that even if you remove the 8 sims/lot limit, with the hack, the limit remains in merging households: you can add more than 8 sims to the lot only with move-in/marriage/try-for-baby.

I'm just puzzled why I couldn't "Propose->Move In" when there were only 6 Sims in the dorm and the Sim being asked was a controllable.  It just fell right out of his queue...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: