More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 00:33:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?  (Read 42775 times)
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
« on: 2005 July 27, 22:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a big house/dorm situation it seems like you need a full time repairman on site 24/7 with toilets seemingly clogging twice a day.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 22:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes!!  I have had enough with overflowing toilets!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 23:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toilets and the other plumbing objects are driving me insane. I've even had the same toilet clog up three times in a row. If my plumbing behaved this way in real life, I'd slap my plumber silly. Thank goodness for the macrotastic feature "repair". It does not however, save me from cringeing everytime I hear the "something spazzed" sound in the game.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 23:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toilets and the other plumbing objects are driving me insane. I've even had the same toilet clog up three times in a row. If my plumbing behaved this way in real life, I'd slap my plumber silly. Thank goodness for the macrotastic feature "repair". It does not however, save me from cringeing everytime I hear the "something spazzed" sound in the game.

G.

I've resorted to 2 toilets per bathroom so one can be clogged and the bathroom remains usable until I can get to it.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 27, 23:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bushes don't break or get clogged.... Wink

Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 27, 23:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes!!  I have had enough with overflowing toilets!

Currently the only thing more annoying (to me) is constantly breaking up groups of sims beating on each other .. sometimes known as punch you - punch me or red hands .. in order to clear path.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 27, 23:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clog, and the leaking  plumbing showers/tubs are the simulator sign that you have to replace them. Not only them, but the whole furniture.

If you don't have enough money for that (why are you given the "motherlode" cheat, for god's sake?), it will continue on and on - I remember a review with Wright on TS1, and he said that the strive for being rich has it's revenge, when objects stop functioning.

My strategy is: check the trash compactor - when it's price reaches 150$ (it won't go down anymore), once replace the kitchen and the showers furniture, and the second time - the whole house furniture. I always replace the whole furniture, including floors, walls, doors, and windows.

When the simulator "senses" this, all the leaks and clogs stop, and the only warning I get is - when checking the toilet or the shower, even when the maid works, they have to be cleaned. That's all.

Besides, one of my pleasures of the game is - redecorating the house, each time with different furniture...Smiley.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 28, 00:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clog, and the leaking  plumbing showers/tubs are the simulator sign that you have to replace them. Not only them, but the whole furniture.

If you don't have enough money for that (why are you given the "motherlode" cheat, for god's sake?), it will continue on and on - I remember a review with Wright on TS1, and he said that the strive for being rich has it's revenge, when objects stop functioning.

My strategy is: check the trash compactor - when it's price reaches 150$ (it won't go down anymore), once replace the kitchen and the showers furniture, and the second time - the whole house furniture. I always replace the whole furniture, including floors, walls, doors, and windows.

When the simulator "senses" this, all the leaks and clogs stop, and the only warning I get is - when checking the toilet or the shower, even when the maid works, they have to be cleaned. That's all.

Besides, one of my pleasures of the game is - redecorating the house, each time with different furniture...:).

The toilets/plumbing in the dorms should not have to be paid for by my poor students. The toilet that broke down 3 times in a row was exactly 1 and 1/2 simdays old. If it worked as prescribed (i.e. time to replace) I would not feel so exasperated. I once had a bathtub break everytime a sim used it. I replaced it and darn if the new one didn't follow the same pattern right after installation.

You are right, redecorating is fun, but many of my sims don't have the money for that and I don't want to use money cheats. They start out poor and have to work their way up. Unfortunately, the plumbing does not care one way or the other. :D

I guess this is just another thing that refuses to work the way EA/Maxis intended it should.

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 28, 00:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toilets/plumbing in the dorms should not have to be paid for by my poor students. The toilet that broke down 3 times in a row was exactly 1 and 1/2 simdays old. If it worked as prescribed (i.e. time to replace) I would not feel so exasperated. I once had a bathtub break everytime a sim used it. I replaced it and darn if the new one didn't follow the same pattern right after installation.

Goodness!  I thought I'd entered the real world for a moment!  It's just a game.  Roll Eyes  Real life repairs and the lack there of wind me up - when you get this wound up, it's time to walk away from the computer - NOW! Grin

happy now :-)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 28, 01:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goodness!  I thought I'd entered the real world for a moment!  It's just a game.  ::)  Real life repairs and the lack there of wind me up - when you get this wound up, it's time to walk away from the computer - NOW! ;D

Nobody here's worked up that I can see. Gali was explaining what the game intended to do, and I was recounting what my game actually did. Just your normal, run in the middle, "oh maxis what where you thinking" conversation.

Like I said in an earlier post here, if my real life plumbing acted like this, my plumber would have several big problems :D

G.

Edit: By the way... Gali, do you mean replace the furniture in the bathroom/kitchen only or all the furniture everywhere? I know it sounds like a silly question; logically it should be the furniture in the affected room only, but what has logic to do with maxis?

G.

« Last Edit: 2005 July 28, 01:50:19 by veilchen » Logged

Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 28, 02:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clog, and the leaking  plumbing showers/tubs are the simulator sign that you have to replace them. Not only them, but the whole furniture.

Besides, one of my pleasures of the game is - redecorating the house, each time with different furniture...Smiley.

Since I've had many toilets clog the same day purchased this concept is suspect in my book.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 28, 03:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replace stuff all the time before it breaks and even the brand new stuff breaks.  I use Macro or have the christianluv NPC fix it but it's the the constant breaking over and over again that is insane.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 28, 04:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

" By the way... Gali, do you mean replace the furniture in the bathroom/kitchen only or all the furniture everywhere? I know it sounds like a silly question; logically it should be the furniture in the affected room only, but what has logic to do with maxis?" (veilchain)

The simulator "forces" you to replace ALL furniture - and without the money cheat you can't do it (it's about 100,000$ investment each 6 days - and no family earns 100,000$ in 6 days).

Usually, when the trash compactor's price reaches 150$, I replace ALL the furniture, not only the baths/kitchen one.

And, the toilets/baths break in the same day, because you didn't replace ALL the furniture...Smiley.
Try it, and see the consequences after 2-3 replacements. Believe me, you will be surprised...Smiley.

When I payed TS1, I remember waiting for the esspresso machine to reach 292$, and then replaced all the furniture.

...And if you are a female - what gives you more pleasure than buying a new furniture? We are addicted to shoppings...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 28, 07:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have just such a hack. And I've had it for some time. I didn't figure anyone would actually want it, though. I figured that was just a me-peeve. Probably because MY TOILET NEVER JAMS and could pass a utility pole.

Speaking of which, anyone wanna mesh my toilet, so you can all buy the Pescado Toilet for your sims? You, too, can have a chunky, ugly toilet that could flush a dismembered human corpse and is nigh-indestructible to anything short of explosives or antitank weaponry.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 28, 13:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me be the first to say that I would love to have a toilet that could pass a human corpse. That is just the sort of thing I've been looking for. Kiss

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 28, 13:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, like I said: Somebody needs to volunteer to do the meshing and texturing. And stuff. It needs the working flush shield and actual gargling noise following the flush.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 28, 13:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have just such a hack. And I've had it for some time. I didn't figure anyone would actually want it, though. I figured that was just a me-peeve. Probably because MY TOILET NEVER JAMS and could pass a utility pole.

Speaking of which, anyone wanna mesh my toilet, so you can all buy the Pescado Toilet for your sims? You, too, can have a chunky, ugly toilet that could flush a dismembered human corpse and is nigh-indestructible to anything short of explosives or antitank weaponry.

Could you please post the hack?!?!   Grin

Or is it an object and you need the mesh first?  Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 28, 14:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a hypothetical object that doesn't even exist at this point. As for the less-cloggy toilets, I'll have to dig that up and package it.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 28, 14:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the less-cloggy toilets, I'll have to dig that up and package it.

Yes, please do Grin

As for the other toilet, I sure hope that someone with meshing talents will volunteer soon. That I've got to see.

G.

Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 28, 21:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, please do Grin

As for the other toilet, I sure hope that someone with meshing talents will volunteer soon. That I've got to see.

G.

I'll second that "please do"!!!  Grin
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 30, 21:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, please do Grin

G.

I'll second that "please do"!!!  Grin

And a bump so JM doesn't forget
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 03, 20:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet another bump
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 05, 19:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll mesh said toilet! Please? What do you want it to look like?
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 06, 15:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, a picture or description would be a good thing.
pet_peeve
Asinine Airhead

Malordorous chowder jockey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 06, 17:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like a gag from "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" (from before it started to stink) where they invented a jet-engine powered toilet. I couldn't find a screencap, but it looks exactly how you would think from that description.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: