More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 11:37:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Former townie kids stuck at college.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Former townie kids stuck at college.  (Read 3526 times)
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Former townie kids stuck at college.
« on: 2006 August 03, 04:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted Marsha, Orlando etc to be playable, and to stop coming home with my sim kids.(day after day)
So I made a "Foster mother" and boolproped the kids into existance. They grew up well after eight days and all wanted to go to college.
Put them in, but after Brittney grew up, the rest are stuck in the taxi and nobody is coming out. I had to exit the game by shutting the computer off. (The save and exit were blanked out.)
When I went back to the dorm, the same thing happened.

Good thing I have a sense of humor. Tongue

Any suggestions on how to get them to grow into YA?

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Former townie kids stuck at college.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 03, 07:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by 'boolproped the kids into existance' (sic) ?

That doesn't seem right... the best thing to do would have been to use various hacks to either teleport them in (Ingelogical shrub or the puppy killer) and add them to the household or use pinhead's move in all hack.

Boolprop, although not the bane of evil that the sheeple make it out to be, seems kind of wonky when it comes to altering families, relationships, and aging.

Anyhew, I would suggest turning on debug mode (if you haven't already - boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and trying to go to the lot and see if you get any errors from it when your sims try to deboard the vehicle. If you still get a freeze up with the taxi and no errors, I would suggest going into the dorm first, in build mode, turn on the buy mode cheat (boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false) and place an FFS Lot Debugger module. Then, attempt to send your sims to college again, and see if the Lot Debugger detects any problems. You should be able to use the Lot Debugger to re-enable the save options (I think). If not, I'm pretty sure the puppy killer has those options. Regardless, you can also try the Lot Debugger to try and reset objects and see if that fixes anything.

Humor is great, but I suspect that patience is a better virtue to have when dealing with these problems. Wink

Ste

Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 03, 13:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Boolprop before and nothing like this has happened before.
(sigh)
 oh well

seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 03, 14:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happen with one of the first groups I sent to college.The only cure I found was to move them to the student bin,"familyfunds" them some cash, and put them in a rental.
I then used the "puppy killer" to age transition them and all was well.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 03, 15:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting the taxi with moveobjects on.  Then if you have Insim, use the "Restore Family" option, otherwise save and go back.  Either way, with a bit of luck they should be standing by the mailbox, hopefully transitioned to YA's (if not, you can do that manually).  BACK-UP the neighbourhood first, just in case it doesn't work.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 03, 17:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't quite know what happened, but the kids are YA and everything is back to normal.
WHEW!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: