More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:12:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?  (Read 42682 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 06, 18:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that the one about the Gandhi? Not sure why a jet powered toilet has anything to do with Gandhi, but no, there's no actual jet involved. I'd say it's more hydraulic in nature.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 07, 16:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm... *cough*

I'd like to start meshing if anyone cares?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 07, 16:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you even know how to mesh things for TS2?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 07, 16:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggested that he mesh it to look like a pair of lips, as it would look like someone was literally kissing your ass.  But I have yet to see results.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 07, 19:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can mesh. I can show you if you like. I just have to actually mesh it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 09, 22:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can mesh. I can show you if you like. I just have to actually mesh it.
Okay, well, this is probably going to be an iterative process to get it just right..

But let's start with the basic expensive terlet. Shorten the back tank even more, and instead give it an approximately 6" thick pipe in Sim-measure extending upwards from the top all the way to the sim-ceiling. That's my input pipe. There's no tank on my toilet, this thing flushes directly off an 6" line at some 850 PSI.

Then, take base of the terlet, and make it extend straight, in a kind of blocky structure not unlike the toddler one. Straight down from the edge. No in-curve on mine, it's a solid chunk. There is no "back" of the "stand" like you see on the expensive one. It's a solid chunk fused to the wall and ground, and can be cleaned by hosing it down with a firehose. No scrubbing, no bending, no hard to reach spots. It's very solid. Not to mention bulletproof.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 09, 22:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy cow JM. You never cease to amaze me. :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 10, 02:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it. More please.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 10, 02:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, when the trash compactor's price reaches 150$, I replace ALL the furniture, not only the baths/kitchen one.

...And if you are a female - what gives you more pleasure than buying a new furniture? We are addicted to shoppings...Smiley.

The trash compactor is the one thing I don't like to ever replace. I've had many a laugh at the repairman's/repairwoman's expense when they charcoal themselves trying to fix it.  Cheesy Seeing them stomp out to their truck with their crispy hair standing up on end and the burnt remains of their clothes barely hanging on to their bodies is the highlight of my day.

I do miss the auto flush toilet from TS1. I put it in all the bathrooms of every house. Especially when "She Who Should Not Be Named!" came to visit.  Wink  
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 10, 02:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trash compactor is the one thing I don't like to ever replace.
I don't really like trashcompactors in TS2 much. They're expensive, unreliable boondoggles prone to breaking. And electrocuting anyone who tries to repair it for no good reason. Not to mention they don't do a good job COMPACTING.

Now in my home, I have two trash compactors. One weighs about 16 tons, the other one weighs about 30 tons. The 16 ton one is also used as part of my security system. Simply place the offending trash in a room, then release the steel block. SQUASH.

The 30 ton compactor? That's my vehicle, a T-34/85 Russian medium tank. Capable of crushing and compacting anything up and including a car.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 10, 03:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replace anything that has broken every day for at least 4-5 days. If my family grows too much and traffic/space becomes overly problematical, I May expand. Otherwise, they live on the lawn until they can build, then live in that house until they die. I really don't care if they like it. I am female, but hate shopping. I hate redecorating my own house. My pixel people can learn to appreciate what I gave them the first time. If they don't, well I might disable the smoke detector...

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 10, 03:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 30 ton compactor? That's my vehicle, a T-34/85 Russian medium tank. Capable of crushing and compacting anything up and including a car.
I'm surprised that you didn't buy an American tank.  But then, I'd be surprised if you bought your tank at all. I suspect that some unsuspecting soldier had to report back to camp minus one tank and in need of a good explanation.

happy now :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 10, 03:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised that you didn't buy an American tank.  But then, I'd be surprised if you bought your tank at all. I suspect that some unsuspecting soldier had to report back to camp minus one tank and in need of a good explanation.
Shermans are crap. It wasn't until fairly recently that American tankmaking caught up, and in the field of weapons manufacture, Americans still have much to learn about making a reliable weapon.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 10, 04:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, the good old T-34/85 tank. Argued by some the best all-around medium tank of WWII. You must have had it for a long time.  Wink

American tanks were quite efficient IMO but they had no respect for them at all. Pershing was never developed like the Soviet IS series were, and during the Korean war the South Korean army recieved no tanks initially. Wusses. Not to mention American tanks are still not the best in the world.  Tongue

« Last Edit: 2005 August 10, 05:29:07 by DuckSpeak » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 10, 06:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

American tanks were quite efficient IMO but they had no respect for them at all.
I wouldn't say they were EFFICIENT. Cheap, maybe. Buck for buck, they were certainly a match, but there's only one problem: Every time a tank gets destroyed in the process of matching them buck for buck, PEOPLE DIE. This is not something that is good for morale.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 10, 13:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I brag a little bit? The Israeli Merckava Tank is the best in the world for now...Smiley.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 10, 14:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I brag a little bit? The Israeli Merckava Tank is the best in the world for now...Smiley.

Nooo, it is definitly the Leopard 2 A6.  Wink Canada (where I live) uses the outdated version of this tank - the Leopard 1. It will soon become used as they are scrapping them - and not replacing with any other tank either.

Though I might add most modern nations are working on new tank designs, except for Russia, where tank design develops YOU!

American tanks were quite efficient IMO but they had no respect for them at all.
I wouldn't say they were EFFICIENT. Cheap, maybe. Buck for buck, they were certainly a match, but there's only one problem: Every time a tank gets destroyed in the process of matching them buck for buck, PEOPLE DIE. This is not something that is good for morale.
The Shermans did die in hordes due to their pathetic armor but I believe they had quite impressive armour penetration due to the new types of ammunitions used such as the fin stabilized armour piercers  - and reliability. If I remember correctly around 200-400 out of 1300 Koenigstigers made were abandoned due to mechanical failure.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 10, 15:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this will teach me the hazards of snooping around More Awesome Than You while I have Solidworks running on my other machine.

Is this the sort of shape you have in mind, JM?

Now, the bad news is that this is a CAD model and I don't know how to get it from a Solidworks part file into a .obj file that MilkShape can read.  If there's a Milkshaper around who knows how to import an IGES file, we might even have an electronic path.  If not, it's just a reference drawing.  Smiley
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 10, 15:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, the almighty dollar. Seems the army hasn't really learned that lesson, eh? What with that business of the humvees armored with salvage scrap metal and all. Reminds me of Catch-22, and Milo Minderbinder/bender whatever his name was. Business + Military = bad. As in, chocolate covered egyptian cotton and attacking your own base bad.

American's are great at blowing stuff up, and great at doing it from great distances with fancy equipment, but very bad at keeping stuff from being blown up. This is the Navy's fault, but that's another rant.

Oh, yeah. I've got some sort of insane format conversion program. "3D Object Converter" I think it is? Anyway, it converts Hash AM ".mdl" files to ".obj" files, as well as about 200 other things. There's a lot of shareware and freeware that does similiar stuff. Probably something out there that'll do it. I'm thinking about having a crack at it, but I have no idea what to do with the file to get it into the game. Work on that, maybe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 10, 16:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Shermans did die in hordes due to their pathetic armor but I believe they had quite impressive armour penetration due to the new types of ammunitions used such as the fin stabilized armour piercers  - and reliability. If I remember correctly around 200-400 out of 1300 Koenigstigers made were abandoned due to mechanical failure.
As I recall, no, this isn't really true either. Shermans had a puny gun that was consistently incapable of penetrating the armor of enemy tanks, and crews could routinely fire at point blank range only to have the shot bounce off and then get wasted. Stories abound of a single German tank taking on a half dozen Shermans and annihilating all of them.

Now, the bad news is that this is a CAD model and I don't know how to get it from a Solidworks part file into a .obj file that MilkShape can read.  If there's a Milkshaper around who knows how to import an IGES file, we might even have an electronic path.  If not, it's just a reference drawing.  Smiley
Not quite. The bowl is more round, about 14", the blocky tank on the back is thinner on the sides, even with the bowl instead of thicker than it, and fatter, and the bowl rim itself is somewhat thicker and more solid as well. This one looks kinda thin.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 10, 18:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting closer?

I added a flush handle on the side so the animation wouldn't look funny; although, come to think of it, the description could have some BS about motion detectors and electric eyes.

Also added a toilet set, of sorts.

Meanwhile back at the war stories:  I recall stories of Sherman 33's having a terrible time against Panzer 88's.  Without taking the time to look it up, I'd guess that the numbers are reference to the caliber of the primary gun.  Shermans were also powered by gasoline while the Panzers used diesel.  The more volatile gasoline was much more likely to explode.

On the other hand, the M1A2 need make no apologies.

On the third hand, here's my idea of a proper family car:

Bell Textron AH1 Death Machine

It's really the perfect solution to congested freeways and noisome horn-honkers.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 10, 22:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention my personal favorites: tail-gaters. JM has helicopter parts in his warehouse, he just has not gotten around to fix it up yet :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 10, 22:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting closer?
Much closer, yes. The toilet part is somewhat shorter. You have the seat too long.

I added a flush handle on the side so the animation wouldn't look funny; although, come to think of it, the description could have some BS about motion detectors and electric eyes.
Yes, but I don't use any of that crap, too unreliable. I prefer the robustness of mechanical parts. Handle good..

Bell Textron AH1 Death Machine

It's really the perfect solution to congested freeways and noisome horn-honkers.
Yeah, but the FAA will have a fit.

Not to mention my personal favorites: tail-gaters. JM has helicopter parts in his warehouse, he just has not gotten around to fix it up yet Cheesy
I don't have a complete, FUNCTIONING helicopter in parts, and besides, I have no idea how to fly a helicopter anyway. Besides, I hate helicopters. 4/5ths of the helicopters I have ever been in have crashed, and of those, 2 of them were crashes I was on board for.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 August 11, 05:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it does look like you'd be sitting out in the middle of the room.  I was trying to guesstimate where the seat would be on a sims toilet with the back of the toilet moved flush with the wall. 

I think we're at the point where we need to find an Milkshaper who can adjust the basic design idea to match the dimensions of the thing in the game.  If we don't find a volunteer with this thread I'll try some rabble-rousing.

I've not had good luck with heliocoffins, either, though one of those could be lots of fun in traffic.  Get a tailgater following you and just keep accelerating until you're cranking along about 60 mph faster than the guy in front of you.  Then just before you collide with him, yank the collective and pop up out of the tailgater's way!  Grin
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 August 12, 10:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I have something to work from, I'll do it. When JM is happy withe the pic, I'll make it into the real "JM Toilet"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: