More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 13:32:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  car hacks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: car hacks  (Read 5503 times)
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
car hacks
« on: 2006 March 11, 20:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there's a hack to make buyable and usable the other cars in the game that aren't in the catalogue that comes with Nightlife, like the limousine and the little sports car the teenagers use to sneak out in?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: car hacks
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 22:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some around on MTS2 and variousimmers. Probably some other places too. I did try some and some were buggy so you may want to use them with caution, but those two sites are a good place to start. If you can wade through all the useless thanks spam messages, it would be worth checking the replies on the threads they are posted on to see if anyone reported any problems with them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 11, 23:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had to delete a bunch of cars I got from one of those sites, I think by vampcat, cos they kept squashing the queue of orders so my sims could go clap at them.   Roll Eyes  Why someone would deliberately add an irritating behaviour like that to an object is beyond me.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 11, 23:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any problem with CC cars, though I haven't checked if customers would buy on their own, so far, none. But I had one sims to buy (I control the sim and she is visiting a community car lot) a bicycle, there was no problem.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 13, 20:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i just read this from Mod the Sims2 and copied it for myself, hope it helps:

When you visit an owned community lot with a sim, even though you can purchase the "Show My Ride Display," you'll find the category in Buy Mode for cars is greyed out.

Click the Business Build Tools button on the business control panel and then the Toggle Wholesale Mode button. You'll now find you can purchase cars for your lot.

A few things to keep in mind when placing cars for sale:

1. You'll notice that you can only place Maxis cars on that ridiculously huge rotating display, but if you use "moveObjects on" you can place them anywhere you like.
2. Custom car meshes seem to work just fine in a car dealership, but you won't be able to place them on the rotating display, even with "moveObjects on."
3. Patrons will try to stand alongside a car and look at its back left tire to consider purchasing it. Make sure they have access to this area or they'll complain.
4. To prevent sims from bumping into one another and clogging up, make sure you leave at least one empty tile of space between each car and the next. This will also make it easier for your employees or played sims to sell to your patrons even if more than one sim is in the aisle between the cars.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 13, 23:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had to delete a bunch of cars I got from one of those sites, I think by vampcat, cos they kept squashing the queue of orders so my sims could go clap at them.   Roll Eyes  Why someone would deliberately add an irritating behaviour like that to an object is beyond me.

The clapping is Wintermute's signature substitution for the normal get-in-the-car animations.  Apparently he (he?) hasn't figured out how to make those work properly with custom cars yet.  They work fine for me otherwise.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 05:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clapping is Wintermute's signature substitution for the normal get-in-the-car animations.  Apparently he (he?) hasn't figured out how to make those work properly with custom cars yet.  They work fine for me otherwise.

lol! yeah-i think it's kinda cute. i don't care how they get in the car as long as they DO! i just don't like seeing 150 identical cars parked all around my neighborhoods so the "variety" is what i like about them

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 14, 11:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Custom car meshes seem to work just fine in a car dealership, but you won't be able to place them on the rotating display, even with "moveObjects on."

This is not true, in my experience at least.  I have a bunch of custom car meshes, including a VW Bug that I downloaded from MTS2.  It works fine on the rotating stand.  I had a little trouble figuring out how to place it at first, but it does work.

The car business is, so far, my most profitable by far, and it didn't take a lot of effort to set up.

Karen
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 14, 19:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I confirm too that you can put CC cars on the big round display.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 14, 19:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I confirm too that you can put CC cars on the big round display.

Do you have Numenor's hack in tha allows placement of custom items on shelves?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 14, 20:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Numenor's hack in tha allows placement of custom items on shelves?

hehe, yes, sorry if that's the point.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 14, 20:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do too.  I guess you need that in order to place the custom car on the stand....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: