More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 11:48:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is Damien punishing me?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is Damien punishing me?  (Read 6635 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Is Damien punishing me?
« on: 2007 March 22, 08:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damien/Daemon whatever.Roll Eyes

A few weeks ago I was impatient for my pre-ordered game to arrive and decided to go the the "dark side" and try Bit Torrent and Daemon Tools. Awesome! I could play the game early!! I did, however, avoid my old hoods and played only Riverblossom. I was afraid to try out the established hoods until my "legit" game came in the mail.

Anyhow, I decided tonight to see how my old hoods were doing and was aghast at the changes. All of my CAS families have new names! For instance my favorite family in Pleasantview is still called Sanders when clicking on the house, but when clicking on individuals, the names have changed. Ms Sanders is now named Amar Sartor? Her husband is Chris Knight? The children aren't affected, only the parents/adults.

A lady named "frumpetta" from a Cuppa Joe contest is now named Amar Mace?

In Cassandra Goths house, her hubbie is now Carl Toyonaga? Hello! I would never name a sim such a, well, odd name. He was previously named Jackson Gates. Brandi Broke's hubbie is now Orlando Jeffress? It was formerly Brent Baker.

I decided to check out Strangetown, where my favorite family and Sim self live. Her name now is Elise Love and hubbie is Shelby Wheeler?  Before the names were Dianna Davis and Dustin. Another CAS family (the Reeves) is now Tiffany Turner (father), and Drake Benson (mother). Again, the children have not been affected.

Is this a phenomenom of Daemon Tools or what? My re-ordered game is due tomorrow via UPS so I wondered if I should get rid of the BT game and load the CD to see if it's a fluke of DT or if I am being punished for being impatient.  Tongue

Should I re-install everything or just install the Seasons CD and assume it was a product of BitTorrent?

There are no error logs. Thanks for any insight.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is Damien punishing me?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 22, 08:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how it would be an issue, but you didn't install the EP in a different language than before, did you?
I seem to remember accidentally installing a EP in Norwegian once, and that changed the names of all the pre-made characters, townies and NPCs.  I don't think it did anything to my CAS sims, but I uninstalled everything once I realized my mistake.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 22, 09:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, not a problem with Daemon Tools or Bittorrent.

The torrent releases are always (one exception that I know of) the Multilingual copies of the game, so if you have the EN_US version of the game you're essentially installing EN_UK with the new ep you downloaded. Gwill would be right, your Sims don't have a EN_UK language entry for their names, so it gives them a random townie name instead.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 22, 10:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Cassandra Goths house, her hubbie is now Carl Toyonaga? Hello! I would never name a sim such a, well, odd name. He was previously named Jackson Gates. Brandi Broke's hubbie is now Orlando Jeffress? It was formerly Brent Baker.

I decided to check out Strangetown, where my favorite family and Sim self live. Her name now is Elise Love and hubbie is Shelby Wheeler?  Before the names were Dianna Davis and Dustin. Another CAS family (the Reeves) is now Tiffany Turner (father), and Drake Benson (mother). Again, the children have not been affected.

Is this a phenomenom of Daemon Tools or what? My re-ordered game is due tomorrow via UPS so I wondered if I should get rid of the BT game and load the CD to see if it's a fluke of DT or if I am being punished for being impatient.  Tongue
It's just the EN_UK/EN_US locale issue. You'll need to make a simple registry edit to fix it back. The install is otherwise the same, so there's no need to reinstall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 22, 11:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just the EN_UK/EN_US locale issue. You'll need to make a simple registry edit to fix it back. The install is otherwise the same, so there's no need to reinstall.

Well, that's comforting. Thank you, Pes,Argon and Gwill. I do not want this to happen again.! A fuuny thing happened tonight: My lost in the mail for three weeks game finally showed up! That means that tomorrow I get yet another Seasons game, Hah! Are there any poor folk needing the game or shall I save it for an AWESOME MATY contest as first prize?

I just knew that silly 0-24 hour stuff was going to bite me eventually. It was cool when I was a Paramedic, but it isn't cool now. Tongue Such is life when one goes to the Dark Side. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2007 March 22, 11:18:57 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 22, 11:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, would just getting rid of the "image" game and installing the hard copy do the trick? Or must I still tweak the registry? If so, step by step please?! With Brynne and Blue on top?  Cheesy

Incidently, how DO you get rid of the image? I can't find DT in my list of proggys, so where is it? Is safedisc making it incognito?  Roll Eyes

What a twisted web we weave, when at first we practice to deceive. Next time I will wait for the game,  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 March 22, 11:36:22 by MsMaria » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 22, 11:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, would just getting rid of the "image" game and installing the hard copy do the trick? Or must I still tweak the registry? If so, step by step please?! With Brynne and Blue on top?  Cheesy
Clearly, BlueSoup has failed us! You must not!

Okay, simple, step by step, for Registry Dummies:

Get: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/engrish.zip

Unzip. Doubleclick on either us or uk. Say yes. You're done.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 22, 12:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This only works for PCs, right?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 22, 13:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only works in Windows if that was the question.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 22, 13:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac users have neither Daemon tools nor registries, so I can't imagine why you'd find this relevant.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 22, 13:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if I am going to encounter a problem in some future (and if it's fixable) since I'm running uk and us versions.  My base game, NL and Uni are US and OFB and Pets are UK

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 22, 23:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again, my clock is now on 12 hour time.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 23, 11:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if I am going to encounter a problem in some future (and if it's fixable) since I'm running uk and us versions.  My base game, NL and Uni are US and OFB and Pets are UK
There shouldn't be a problem, but if you run the engrish.zip patch, all expansions will be switched to the same.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 23, 11:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I can't, can I since I'm on a mac?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 23, 11:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I can't, can I since I'm on a mac?
Well, then you'll have to manually make the changes yourself to whatever file TS2 uses instead of the registry.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 23, 13:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In TS2 for Mac, only English "international" (i.e. EN_US), French, German and Japanese are available, as localizations, and English is default. If your system is in french, german or japanese, then the corresponding localization will show, otherwise you'll have always the EN_US.
If you want to change the language of TS2 on Mac, you have to change the language in system preferences, or in locale files, then logout, login again and you'll see the game in that language.

Hint: unless you really know japanese, don't try it: it took me half an hour to figure how to logout  Grin.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: