More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 07:11:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  This one is really making me mad (error log included)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This one is really making me mad (error log included)  (Read 2344 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
This one is really making me mad (error log included)
« on: 2006 October 23, 22:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim A invites Sim B over to his house for a date.  Upon clicking on his date an error pops up, I hit reset, he jumps, the date takes a major hit and then he continues on with the the action, rinse and repeat for everytime that I attempt to have him interact with his date.

I have tried hard to figure this one out myself but nothing is working.  First of all I removed all my downloads and put my hacks back in...first only including the"work of the awesome".  Dates worked fine.  Then I included the stuff I was testing that was the work of the "non awesome".  Dates worked fine.  I then added back some other stuff folder by folder and it worked fine but then dumped the rest back in when I had concluded that it wasn't hacks, custom foods, ect causing the problem.

I don't know if something snuck in somewhere or if my game is screwed or if I have an object or something somewhere conflicting or what but I'm stumped...
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 22:54:54 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: This one is really making me mad (error log included)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 22:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That is very random. It appears to be deciding whether he's allowed to try to Ventrilofart the target, and then but then promptly trying to do Grilled Cheese Desperation. The problem is, this doesn't match the standard code (where there is no line 2), nor does it match Awesomeware "antiprankhack", where line 2 is expression comparison, not a function call at all!

Naturally, this means this is clearly the work of the non-awesome. There is nothing we can do about that except to recommend avoiding the work of the non-awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 24, 00:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn.  This means that it is something that is in one of my folders not labeled for hacks.  This is no good at all.  Oh how fun this will be to figure out what it is.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 24, 22:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is getting stranger.

I took out my folders and put them back one by one...I thought I was down to the last 4 folders and one had to contain the problem.  Ummm nope.  So it is something in combination with something else, causing the strangeness.

I'm half tempted to ditch it all and start over. 

It's even more screwed up that he's trying to do the grilled cheese desperation when he's a f'ing romance sim.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: