More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 13:46:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hacked Diploma?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hacked Diploma?  (Read 16192 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Hacked Diploma?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 04, 14:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose must have given it to Daisy before Daisy grew up, in my game.  Because Daisy grew up to be a child (I think, can't remember for certain) or a teen, and went to college - unless I cheated somehow....I can't remember, and I haven't played that game in quite a while.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 04, 14:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I update Maxis sims (ex: Cassendra Goth), the fake memories do not appear though they have the graduated Uni feature.  Is that bad?

Also, I notice that if I update a sim and it gets fake college memories, when I move any into a new lot, it creates another sum caude memory so they end-up having 2 sum caude memories, how come it is doing that and is that bad?
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 04, 15:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zoiks! I didn't know that lot debugger could make university time obsolete! Hot damn. \:d/
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 05, 08:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, haven't played Uni for yonks.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 05, 08:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I update Maxis sims (ex: Cassendra Goth), the fake memories do not appear though they have the graduated Uni feature.  Is that bad?
No, this is normal. Adding the memories to those sims would destroy continuity, so only sims with no adult-age memories, like freshly wiped CAS sims, will receive the memories. Thus you can create a sim in Adult CAS and instantly upgrade to post-Uni.

Also, I notice that if I update a sim and it gets fake college memories, when I move any into a new lot, it creates another sum caude memory so they end-up having 2 sum caude memories, how come it is doing that and is that bad?
This is a Maxis bug that has continually eluded detection. We're not entirely sure WHAT causes this, although I have a few ideas of how to prevent duplicates. It is not specifically the cause of the Lot Debugger, and it doesn't appear to be explosionary in and of itself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 05, 13:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am happy to hear the debugger has nothing to do with that though I did not thought it would otherwise it would have been fixed awhile ago.  Been so long since I had a sim go to Uni the regular way, I did not remember about that if it was at all mention before.

Let's just say I was just worried a bit of moving my sims in new houses but if those mem are harmless, I will continue to do so without fear of BFBVS.

If after the BV rush you think you have time to fix that and need help testing it, I am willing to help, just give me a sign.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 05, 14:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a Maxis bug that has continually eluded detection. We're not entirely sure WHAT causes this, although I have a few ideas of how to prevent duplicates. It is not specifically the cause of the Lot Debugger, and it doesn't appear to be explosionary in and of itself.

I threw together an experimental fix awhiles ago.  You can try it here.  Some people have claimed it worked.  I don't recall now how thoroughly I tested it back then... from briefly skimming the thread, it seems like the generation of duplicate graduation memories wasn't always reproducable in a consistent manner. *shrugs*

Also... the hack is preventative, in that, going forward, if you move your sims around, theoretically you shouldn't get duped memories.  For any sims that already got the dupes, you'd have to fix 'em by using SimPE to delete the dupes.

Ste

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 05, 14:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try it out Syber and let you know.

I will create a few CAS sims and play with some Maxis ones that have the double-memory and see if more or none are created for them and report in your original thread.

BV won't arrive here until Friday so it will keep me busy until I get it lol.

thanks Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 05, 16:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, haven't played Uni for yonks.

I like playing uni, mainly to take a break from playing multiple-sim households (I play one playable per dorm or uni house at a time).  I gejnerally play them by personality - outgoing romance sims are there for woohoo, and may skip classes if the "need" arises.  Knowledge sims go to class and skill, etc.  However, I use the lot debugger to upgrade CAS townies when they marry in and become playable, and for any "spares" that get relegated to the townie pool (why waste time running them through uni?).

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 05, 16:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like playing uni, mainly to take a break from playing multiple-sim households (I play one playable per dorm or uni house at a time).  I gejnerally play them by personality - outgoing romance sims are there for woohoo, and may skip classes if the "need" arises.  Knowledge sims go to class and skill, etc.  However, I use the lot debugger to upgrade CAS townies when they marry in and become playable, and for any "spares" that get relegated to the townie pool (why waste time running them through uni?).

You find romance sims are less interested in doing well - mine seem to roll as many got to class/write term-paper etc. wants as do the Knowledge sims.  If you use ACR and they've just made a booty call and the go to class icon appears in their queue they just ignore the date and go to class!

The least motivated in my game always seem to be popularity, who only want to be friends with every sim they meet......plus all those silly related wants, and if you use nogreekhousespam they just spawn even more useless wants...

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 05, 17:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The least motivated in my game always seem to be popularity, who only want to be friends with every sim they meet......plus all those silly related wants, and if you use nogreekhousespam they just spawn even more useless wants...

Yeah, well, I have nogreekhousespam loaded and my popularity sims all still want to join a greek house, even though the only uni I'm running is Academie La Tour, which has no greek houses.  I suppose I could create one, but I'm still having fun with dorms and greek houses is something I'm saving for later when I get more playable students lined up.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 05, 21:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like Greek Houses, although I have used the option to make one small house into a Greek house occasionally, when the inmates whine enough!  I just get so sick of the half-eaten, rotten pizzas and the cheapo furniture!  But I believe there is a hack to stop them going downtown.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 07, 01:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debugger's "Upgrade pre-uni Sim" works very well indeed.

When I have an adult Sim I've been playing since the early pre-uni days, before I upgrade them I have them write a novel.  I figure that the actual amount of work involved in novel writing is about the same as what they'd do in uni, so it feels less like a cheat.  If they don't have all skills maxed, I make them write two novels.

Things get odd if you marry a dormie.  They don't have the option to upgrade, and they never got beyond the first day of school so they don't have the extra want slots and locks.  You can add additional want slots and locks by spawning Vincent's Sim Modder.

Everything's taken care of by one awesome hack and stuff built into the game.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 07, 01:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could, of course, move the dormie into a house and make them do it the hard way!

I agree, though, about the novel writing - if they were really good, in RL they'd probably get an honorary degree from somewhere!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 07, 02:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things get odd if you marry a dormie.  They don't have the option to upgrade, and they never got beyond the first day of school so they don't have the extra want slots and locks.  You can add additional want slots and locks by spawning Vincent's Sim Modder.

TwoJeffs' college adjuster lets you do that, and a whole lot more.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 07, 02:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why should dormies get away with it?  Playables have to work hard for there degrees!  (At least, hard-ish...)

If I'm playing owned businesses, I quite often  grab the dormies and use them as worker fodder....

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 07, 09:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By standard maxian behaviour, moving a YA townie/dormie in with an adult sim will upgrade them to the same college level as the sim who asked them to move in.  But it's borked and doesn't always work, and several hacks interfere with it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 07, 09:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be interested in finding out just how you got the plantbaby cured of plantsimism, ZZ.  I've tried, and there was no way I could get it to happen.  Did you have a hack that allowed it to happen?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 07, 11:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly don't remember, but thinking about it, I believe I must have let her grow up, tell Rose to give her the drink, and then used the agesims cheat to grow her back down again.  I didn't see why she should be the only non-adult/elder sim in the neighbourhood not to have the chance to go to college......I did think at first that I'd had her drink the antiplantism stuff as a baby, but on retrospect I think it must have been that I tried it that way too, and then decided to cheat.....

The main reason I did it, though, was because it was just after the release and before any useful hacks had appeared to address this problem that I had - which was that Rose kept appearing at portals of the lots of any sim she'd ever met, or merely seen passing by, and causing the most horrendous lag.  So having cured her of plantsimism she didn't do it any more, and I didn't want Daisy causing the same problems.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: