More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 20:46:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims Won't Marry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims Won't Marry  (Read 12690 times)
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims Won't Marry
« on: 2007 August 22, 03:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So recently, a spare for the legacy was about to get married. I had him click his fiance and propose marriage, he walked toward her like he's supposed to but then all the sudden they just pop back like two squares from each other and the action is cancelled, but they still get a memory of it, but they are still engaged in the relationship panel. Does anyone know how I can fix it? I've also tried it with the arch and it did the same thing. Right before the ring exchange they popped away.

Oh and when I tried it with boolprop on I got a character error for male.

I tried to have another spare, his sister, marry her fiance and the same exact thing happened.  It was on a different lot too.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims Won't Marry
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 22, 03:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell us there was an error without telling us what the error was is very uninstructive.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 22, 03:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was just your basic boolprop error saying that there was a problem with the character and did i want to reset/cancel/delete.  I'm entering the game right now and I'll write down what it says then.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 22, 03:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even better, grab the error log and attach it to your post, as pointed out here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.msg208014.html#msg208014

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 22, 04:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't let me add it to my main post it just reverted back to the original state but I've attached it to this.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 22, 04:18:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 22, 04:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect, thank you Smiley.

The error seems related to memories; do you have any hack that affects memories? In that case, I would try to load the game without them - as a first try - and see if the error persists.

Another try might be cleaning the memories with the Lot Debugger (choose to clean trash, gossips and attraction markers).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 22, 04:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hacks that I have installed currently are once that alter the look of the baby bottle, toy box toys, and allow me to put smartmilk on any surface.  I also have the wear any outfit pregnancy hack.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that maybe when I downloaded the family from a friend (he was a teen then) maybe it glitched or something?  It's a joint legacy but we never had this problem before and we've switched twice already.  Should I try having two sims marry that aren't in the family?  I've had a sim marry a few weeks before I recieved the family so I'm not sure if this could be the cause or not.  They recieve the "married so-and-so" memory, and they got engaged perfectly fine, but their relationship doesn't change.
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 22, 04:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not letting me edit my post so if double posting is not allowed, I'm extremely sorry.

Anyway, what is Lot Debugger, and where would I be able to download it at?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 22, 04:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue is believed to have existed since NL.

Try:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/test/marriagebugfix.zip

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 22, 04:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try downloading that then, but would it just now be showing up?  I have every expansion pack and stuff pack installed and I've had at least twenty sims marry since I installed the most recent pack.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 22, 04:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a random intermittent glitch of no apparently obvious cause, where garbage NIDs somehow manage to get on the list. This adds a filtering check to make sure that the NID is not garbaged. Short version: Shit Happens. Retry the affected marriages with the fix installed. You DID remember NOT to save when it bugged, yes?

Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 22, 04:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, thanks.  Smiley
I've installed it I'll go and see if it works now.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 22, 04:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot Debugger is here. It's an advanced tool, though, so be careful. It doesn't do any harm, though, unless you choose something random without understanding what it does Tongue.

In this specific case, though, I guess the Pescado suggestion is way more useful. Just drop it in the Downloads folder, it will not show up like an object.

------
Haleigh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 22, 04:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked, thank you so much Pescado! Smiley
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 22, 06:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it have anything to do with the fact that maybe when I downloaded the family from a friend (he was a teen then) maybe it glitched or something?

Yes, that causes glitches, although not this specific one.  Downloading a family with a house and installing them into a different neighborhood will cause many problems, and the more often you do it, the more likely it is that the neighborhood will break and become entirely unusable.  Sims should only be shared as Body Shop templates, not moved with a house.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 22, 14:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it have anything to do with the fact that maybe when I downloaded the family from a friend (he was a teen then) maybe it glitched or something?

Yes, that causes glitches, although not this specific one.  Downloading a family with a house and installing them into a different neighborhood will cause many problems, and the more often you do it, the more likely it is that the neighborhood will break and become entirely unusable.  Sims should only be shared as Body Shop templates, not moved with a house.

One of the principal commandments of the awesome, I believe - Thou shalt not transfer sims, families, or occupied lots from one neighbourhood to another neighbourhood, yea even those made by thy closest friend, lest thy hood be destroyed and become as a ball of fire, visible even unto the furthest stars.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 22, 15:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, thanks Pescado for pointing out the fix. I've had this issue a couple times, oddly both with Sim Trepie. Both times forcing errors on on-and-off world fixed it, but it's a pain in the ass.

Second, this tangent actually relates to something I've been meaning to ask for a long time. In general, I hate TSR, but I do like one thing of theirs: Challenges. They are loads of fun. However, they involve installing a simpack of an occupied lot. Now, far as I can tell the sims aren't carrying memories of other sims. But installing the simpack would end in the sim & lot being in every 'hood's catalog. So this means gunk clogging all my 'hoods and possible issues down the road if I just delete them. Sure, I could Deleted 2 them, but that takes effort. Is there a way to split the sim(s) and house of an occupied lot and install them separately, therefore placing the sim directly into the target 'hood and no other?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 22, 15:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could do it the long way:

Create a separate account (assuming you are running WinXP).  Install the lot on that account.  Use SimPE to extract the sims.  Go to your regular account and game.  Stick the extracted sim files in your Downloads or PackagedSims or whatever that folder is called that Body Shop creates.  Re-create the sims in CAS.

Now... I'm not sure... but I think the Clean Installer actually lets you pick and choose what things to install from a sim2pack file.  So, theoretically, you could just select the sims.  And... I think (again, not sure), this would be like installing a custom sim, which again, you would have to re-create in CAS.  So, you shouldn't get the memories, relationships, etc.

Also... again, not sure... but I think Pescado said it is "safe" to delete sim household lots in the lotbin, if they haven't already interacted with any pre-existing sims, which should be the case, since it would've been a family you installed, and thus never existed in your game before.  Worst case scenario, try it out on a separate account first.  See if you get any duplicate character files in SimPE.

Ste

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 22, 20:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the principal commandments of the awesome, I believe - Thou shalt not transfer sims, families, or occupied lots from one neighbourhood to another neighbourhood, yea even those made by thy closest friend, lest thy hood be destroyed and become as a ball of fire, visible even unto the furthest stars.

Well, that's not entirely true.  Cwykes builds hoods with sims, plays the sims to a certain point, and then takes the time and effort to make sure that said hoods are squeaky clean before sharing them with all of us.  She is clearly awesome, as her work is hosted on the MATY server.  So, if one really wants to share a sim or even an entire hood full of sims one can do so safely.  I am certain that it takes a huge amount of effort, however.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 22, 21:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sharing a whole hood is safe, it's the export/import of single lots with families that is not.

------
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 08, 19:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a similar problem to the above poster right now.  I removed all CC and the problem went away.  Put back in just Marriage Traditional and the problem came back.  Put in all Pescado goodies except that and it still errored.  Put everything in with the marriage fix in this post and it errored still.  Most recent log attached.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 09, 08:37:45 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 09, 08:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oldversioned. Next time, check for new version before attempting to complain.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 11, 13:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too am getting a marriage error - so I thought I'd commandeer this thread. Wink

My error is with Honeymoons and something in the BV directors cut (because when it started occuring I took everything out except the DC and it's still happening).

The wedding goes fine if no Honeymoon is booked, but if one is booked I get the attached error at the end of the party and no limosine comes. If I reset the error the party countdown starts again (I haven't bothered to let it run through to the end of the second countdown).

* partyArray.txt (63.33 KB - downloaded 294 times.)

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 11, 14:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second, this tangent actually relates to something I've been meaning to ask for a long time. In general, I hate TSR, but I do like one thing of theirs: Challenges. They are loads of fun. However, they involve installing a simpack of an occupied lot. Now, far as I can tell the sims aren't carrying memories of other sims. But installing the simpack would end in the sim & lot being in every 'hood's catalog. So this means gunk clogging all my 'hoods and possible issues down the road if I just delete them. Sure, I could Deleted 2 them, but that takes effort. Is there a way to split the sim(s) and house of an occupied lot and install them separately, therefore placing the sim directly into the target 'hood and no other?

I also play the TSR challenges. As far as I can tell, because the lots are occupied, once the lot is placed in a neighbourhood it vanishes from the houses bin.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 11, 14:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue appears to be occuring in a tree that has absolutely nothing to do with any Director's Cut item. In fact, that entire chain of events does not even exist pre-BV, so could not have been the subject of a hack. The problem is therefore believed to either be Maxian or the Work of the Non-Awesome. We will continue to investigate this issue.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: