More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 14:09:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  beach activities stopped working BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: beach activities stopped working BV  (Read 4363 times)
little bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
beach activities stopped working BV
« on: 2007 October 03, 11:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there!

I've installed BV the day it came out and everything worked just fine until yesterday. All the sudden my sims were not able to build sandcastles, look for shells or lay in the sun anymore.

I've installed a few new hacks  a couple days ago. After finding out, that the beach activities aren't working anymore, I got rid of ALL my hacks  and reinstalled the BV EP. Still the same, it's not working.

Has anyone had the same problem and knows what I can do to fix this? Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

-bandit
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: beach activities stopped working BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 03, 11:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the sandcastle and sunbathing fix available on this site? Or tried using the lot debugger to nuke beach junk? Sandcastles and sunbathing leave behind markers on your beaches and if there's too many of them the beach activities stop working properly.
little bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 03, 14:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I haven't tried that yet. Didn't even know there was stuff like that! I'll try to find it but it would be really nice, if somebody would post the link!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 03, 14:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't even know there was stuff like that! I'll try to find it but it would be really nice, if somebody would post the link!

No, this is a self-service board.  Use the big 'Search' button up top.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 03, 14:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you here if not to download Pescado's shiny fixes? This isn't a chatroom you know.

Try the Firing Range - but that's as generous as I'm feeling.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
little bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 03, 15:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jsalemi.

Anyhow, I found the fix but it doesn't work for me. Here's a list of things I can't do, even with the fix installed: building sandcastles, sunbathing, searching for shells, digging for treasures, watching the waves.

This problem doesn't only appear on beach lots. I was able to dig for treasures on all community lots and even at home which isn't working anymore either.

So, does anybody have a similar problem and knows how to fix it?

@ Madame Mim

I know this is not a chatroom but I thought this was a forum. I've read a couple of posts where people asked for help and that is why I did the same thing. The fixes don't seem to work for me and that is why I'm asking questions. If you don't like that don't read my posts, don't answer to them or if I'm doing something wrong (which I'm not aware of) let the mods know. Thank you!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 03, 15:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is not a chatroom but I thought this was a forum. I've read a couple of posts where people asked for help and that is why I did the same thing. The fixes don't seem to work for me and that is why I'm asking questions. If you don't like that don't read my posts, don't answer to them or if I'm doing something wrong (which I'm not aware of) let the mods know. Thank you!

Read the FAQ stickied at the top of this forum.  Read the messages.  Do your own search.  And if you read the RTFM that came with the sandcastle fix, you'd see it only prevents the problem -- it doesn't fix it. You need other tools, like the lot debugger, to fix existing problems.

There are not mods here -- we're self-policing. And if you hung around and read the forums first and did your own searches, you'd find out that anyone lazy enough to come in and not do that is going to get poked with sharp, pointy sticks.  We have little tolerance for those who are too lazy to do their own research, and come in expecting others to hand things to them on a platter.

If you can't deal with that, go back and play on the BBS...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 03, 16:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like being nice, so, did you completely replace your user files with maxis defaults? Did you back up your downloads, reinstalled, then replace them, or just deleted everything and let them regenerate on their own?

If you saved your downloads and put them back after the install, then you need to remove your downloads folder, and probably your teleport folder, to see if the problem is still there without them.
If the problem does not occur with them taken out, then it's obviously something you've downloaded. If that is the case, then you Fail for not doing this before posting asking for help.
Use clean installer on your teleport folder and your downloads folder, check for any mods or hacks, even if you are certain that there are none. Just double check.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 03, 18:29:57 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 03, 17:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having just self-identified as mean on another thread, I also feel nice now:

Read the RTFM for the lot debugger (please, oh, please use the latest versions).  You will note that it is an OBJECT (black box with batman symbol).  Place it on the hotel lot (you will need to cheat to do this disable dorm specific tools - there is a recent thread on this.  Find it.  Then you click on the box (you probably knew that) and nuke and fix everything, especially related to beaches.

Remove all non-awesome hacks.  I (and most others here) run many or all the awesome(TM) hacks and know them to work.   You can always add in your non-awesome stuff again later if you want to, and if things work out.

As jsalemi said, browse the Firing Range and The Armory to find hacks (hint: go for things that say "Directory of All Hacks" or some such).

Note to OP:  You see how tedious this is, spelling out the bleeding obvious?  Please read/search before you ask for things that others have tried to make easy to find.  It's like standing in a grocery store and asking where the food is.  We tend to look at you askance.  You can't *see* us, so we tell you in no uncertain terms that this is what we are doing.

Tribulatio proxima est
bootsie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 03, 19:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same malfunctioning ground/beach interactions briefly.  My particular problem was caused by jordi's teleport at will hack.  Delete that one if you have it.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 03, 20:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same malfunctioning ground/beach interactions briefly.  My particular problem was caused by jordi's teleport at will hack.  Delete that one if you have it.

If you must have a teleport hack, Insim does this and is compatible with BV (has not cause me problems anyway).  Must use BV version of Insim, or it WILL make all beach activities inoperable.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: