More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 13:58:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searched ..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searched ..  (Read 4418 times)
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searched ..
« on: 2007 October 02, 09:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently installed seasons (yes I know I'm behind the times) and I'm enjoying the lovely snowy winter.  However, it's very weird to see the neighbours saunter by in their mini skirts when my sim has to retreat indoors after a few minutes - even when bundled up in his hat and coat.  I've looked here and less awesome places but I haven't noticed any discussion about this.  Does anyone know of a solution for this or is it one of those simish things I have to learn to live with?

Rascal nervously waits to be poked with sharp sticks and have her stupidity/terrible grammar pointed out to her.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searche
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 02, 09:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The uniforms chosen by sims depends on the temperature. As long as temperature is above -70 and below +70, there is no adverse effect for uniform class. Why are your sims having to run inside early? It takes over 2 hours for even a naked sim to freeze in the most severe -100 cold.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Re: Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searched ..
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 02, 10:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few minutes is no doubt an exaggeration.  I have only had seasons installed for a few days so I haven't let any sims freeze - I just take him inside when his temperature bar is blue.  I'm not worried about how long he can stay outside.  I'm just curious why non-controllables aren't wearing outwear when there is deep snow on the ground.  Are you saying they will change if the temperature is low enough?  How low does the temperature have to get for that to happen?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searched ..
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 02, 14:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few minutes is no doubt an exaggeration.  I have only had seasons installed for a few days so I haven't let any sims freeze - I just take him inside when his temperature bar is blue.  I'm not worried about how long he can stay outside.  I'm just curious why non-controllables aren't wearing outwear when there is deep snow on the ground.  Are you saying they will change if the temperature is low enough?  How low does the temperature have to get for that to happen?

Ummm duh..... -70, you silly. Tongue

I have the problem the other way round, all my non playables are bundled up while my current playable sims can have a snowball fight in their undies with hardly any adverse effect Cheesy

Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 03, 09:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed duh - thanks Emma.  Okay - now just to prove I'm really stupid - how do you know what the temperature is?  As far as I can tell the sim's individual temperature bars only show red, green and blue - not an actual temperature.

Also I do have JMs no uneeded coats hack - maybe that's why my townies aren't wearing their coats?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 03, 10:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my current playable sims can have a snowball fight in their undies with hardly any adverse effect Cheesy

I thought it had been pretty conclusively proven that wearing outerwear (or not) does not have any effect at all on the Sim's body temperature.  I've had Sims freeze while wearing outerwear.  I was under the impression that outerwear is purely for "looks", not for warmth.

Karen
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Walkbys/Vistors wear outwear in the snow hack? I really really have searche
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 03, 11:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outerwear does have a very minor influence on how fast sims freeze.  It is practically useless, however.  The difference is minimal.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 03, 11:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed duh - thanks Emma.  Okay - now just to prove I'm really stupid - how do you know what the temperature is?  As far as I can tell the sim's individual temperature bars only show red, green and blue - not an actual temperature.

Also I do have JMs no uneeded coats hack - maybe that's why my townies aren't wearing their coats?

I don't have that hack and sims coming to my lots appear to wear coats at random. The welcome wagon never seem to wear coats. Walkbys often do in the winter and spring, invited guests occasionally do. Obviously this must be linked to the temperature being below -70 but it still looks random. It's especially odd because sometimes when I greet the guests and they come inside then immediately head outside again they will pause at the door to change into outerwear. Surely the temperature hasn't dropped the much in the time it's taken them to walk to the back door?

You can tell what the temperature is by downloading the lotdebugger (available in The Firing Range) and placing it on the lot. Clicking on it gives you the option Info>Temperature Stats (or something similar). An info box then pops up in the top right corner to tell you the temperature on the lot as well as various other temperature stats.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 03, 12:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can tell what the temperature is by downloading the lotdebugger (available in The Firing Range) and placing it on the lot. Clicking on it gives you the option Info>Temperature Stats (or something similar). An info box then pops up in the top right corner to tell you the temperature on the lot as well as various other temperature stats.

Ah ha!  Thankyou.  I'll have a look when I'm next playing and I think I'll try without nouneededcoats as well and see if that makes a difference.  I'm aware my townies wont freeze - its just the look of the thing.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 03, 16:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my current playable sims can have a snowball fight in their undies with hardly any adverse effect Cheesy

I thought it had been pretty conclusively proven that wearing outerwear (or not) does not have any effect at all on the Sim's body temperature.  I've had Sims freeze while wearing outerwear.  I was under the impression that outerwear is purely for "looks", not for warmth.

Karen

It has, it doesn't and I want my sims to wear outerwear in the snow purely for the look of it. It looks shit when they are all playing in deep snow, making snowangels and having snowball fights without wearing their hats and coats. I don't even like the outerwear without the mittens as I hate them making snowmen with bare hands. I know they can't feel it, but still....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: