More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:04:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A question about deeds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question about deeds  (Read 2981 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
A question about deeds
« on: 2006 August 10, 18:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My lady sim owned this shop and I had her call and sell it but when I looked in her inventory she still had the deed to it.  And then when I had her buy another business when she got there and I looked in her information thing it said she owned two business.  Is my game messed up or is this one of maxi stupid messes?   Roll Eyes

One more question, if I choose an work uniform for one of my employees, can they choose regular clothes or just the stupid looking gorillas and armour outfits.  God, I wish maxi would make a fix to delete everybit of their custom content.  I hate it all.   The default sims are uglier than mud fences and they all look like creatins and then they want us to dress them up in those ridiculous outfits.   Cheesy
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: A question about deeds
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 10, 20:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can answer question #2. You cna pick any normal clothing, any mascot, any regular job uniform, and any npc uniform.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 10, 22:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After staring in disbelief at the sheer number of posts when doing a search about business uniforms, I have a similar question. Before OFBp2, the 'set uniform' option screwed my game up royally. So I never used it again.

I have a cult-leader who also owns a furniture store. One morning I send her to her store, and realized too late that she was still in her gray cult-leader outfit. Now she always shows up on the business lot in the gray outfit, no matter what outfit she leaves her house in. It automatically turns into the gray outfit upon arrival at her business. I didn't set it as a uniform, never touched any uniform related button, but there you have it.

Edited: to take out a paragraph that was a little, shall we say, bitchy. Thursday was not a fun day for me, sorry.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 11, 14:00:09 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 10, 22:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My lady sim owned this shop and I had her call and sell it but when I looked in her inventory she still had the deed to it.  And then when I had her buy another business when she got there and I looked in her information thing it said she owned two business.  Is my game messed up or is this one of maxi stupid messes?   Roll Eyes

I had this too.  A sim bought store, played for a while.  I had him sell it and buy it back so I could get his LTW done and over with.  But when he bought it back, he had two deeds to the store.  I had him transfer deed to his daughter later and only one deed passed to her, but I was a little afraid of having him die with the other deed in the inventory incase it would mess something up, so I put it in her inventory too.

Is it okay to delete the "extra" deed?  Or should I sell the business, delete all deeds and buy it back so I can figure out which is which.  Or I'll just transfer to her kid and delete the extra..  I'm thinking outloud, but really what do I do.   Huh

The End.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 10, 22:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deeds do nothing except enable the store to be sold. It doesn't matter how many random copies you have lying around or anything, and deleting or losing them is harmless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 10, 22:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll delete it then.

Next question, why does this happen or what did I (we) do, or like the OP said, is it just a normal glitch to get used to.  Tongue

The End.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 10, 23:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering that an arbitrary number of deeds can simultaneously exist anywhere in the world, there's no really simple way to search every lot on every neighborhood to remove them once sold.

So some will just be orphaned and left behind, and it'll be up to you to purge them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: