More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:40:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Toddler Won't Learn to Talk
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddler Won't Learn to Talk  (Read 2878 times)
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Toddler Won't Learn to Talk
« on: 2007 July 04, 19:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've been playing a family.  They've got 10 kids, and one set of toddler twins.
The one twin learned all of her skills without a problem.   Her twin brother just won't learn to talk.  As realistic as it is it's really annoying.  He sits there the entire time and either gets mad or doesn't pay attention.  The skill bar is CONSTANTLY on empty.

He was having a similar problem with the logic toy, but when I cleared old gossip, nuked attraction markers and dream trackers, and made him stupid and then smart again it went away.  However, he was still having problems learning to talk.
Previously Mom was using the Thinking Cap, and he was using the "Make Me... Smart" function on the Lot Debugger.  I tried again without the Thinking Cap and still nothing.

He's got 2 days left before transition, so any help would be nice.

Thanks,
M2

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Toddler Won't Learn to Talk
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 04, 20:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he's actually throwing tantrums, or otherwise participating in the interaction but just not learning anything, have you tried the blindingly obvious and made sure that all his needs are satisfied and so on? And also made sure that there's adequate space for the interaction to take place (not blocked by nearby objects in a crowded space)?

Also, just to be sure you're aware, it won't harm the sprog at all to miss learning one of his toddler skills -- he'll never notice later in life, especially if he grows up with a good aspiration score anyway.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 04, 20:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of his motives are satisfied.  The interaction starts but usually even when the toddler doesn't want to say something the bar goes up a little bit.  This one shows up and doesn't move at all.

I know, but I'm psycho about skilling.

EDIT: I looked at the Lot Debugger, this time with the father.  I got Fix Work State, and when I fixed it, the toddler began skilling as normal.

Thanks anyways,
M2
« Last Edit: 2007 July 04, 21:06:52 by MajorMercedes » Logged

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 05, 03:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: I looked at the Lot Debugger, this time with the father.  I got Fix Work State, and when I fixed it, the toddler began skilling as normal.

Fix workstate has nothing to do with toddlers.  It is intended to repair the hit that a sim takes for missing work when the game resets due to a hack, EP, or patch install.  Did the father teach the toddler when the normal skilling began?  I know absolutely nothing and am totally non-awesome, but maybe something is messed up with the mother.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 10, 23:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix Work State seemed to make sense for me.  The game thinks the sim is at work, so the tot won't learn things because of it.
Here, I was reading another Thread here-
Try the lot debugger. Have mommy be active, then click on the debugger. Choose "Fix-Work State". It sounds like the game thinks she's away. Just a thought.

I tried it, and it seemed to work.

I know absolutely nothing and am totally non-awesome, but maybe something is messed up with the mother.
I hope not.  She's a clone I had of another sim who mysteriously lost her Character Data and is no longer playable.  I had to burninate all of Veronaville because of that and some other mysterious problems.  Basically it was a BFBVFS.
Now I just play a custom neighborhood and the merged neighborhood.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: