More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 19:26:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Greek House - Move In/Out pledges
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greek House - Move In/Out pledges  (Read 4469 times)
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Greek House - Move In/Out pledges
« on: 2009 March 05, 09:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim started a Greek House and I have some questions about moved in pledges. Will the "moved in" Sims become unplayable after my Sim graduates from University?  If not, what steps must I perform to make them unplayable again.  That is to say, how do I revert them back to YA uni townies that roam the campus like they were before I moved them in?  Finally, will I lose my Greek House charter if my Sim graduates and the playable "move in" Sims become unplayable?

Thanks for any responses.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Greek House - Move In/Out pledges
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 05, 10:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They remain playables anyway, and the Greek House charter sticks until there are playable sims in that house. If you turn them townie yes, the Greek House vanishes, as there are no more sims to populate it.

Turning a playable sim into unplayable is easy; you can do it with the bushcat.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 05, 16:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

95% of the reason to actually move pledges in is to use them as a placeholder for the Greek house. Move them in before the last playable graduates. When your next playable goes to college, they can rush into the house. Then move the placeholder out or townify them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 05, 20:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus you can still pledge YA townies to your Greek House without moving them in and they will stay townies and members of your Greek House as long as there is a playable on the lot.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 05, 22:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought about using them as placeholders for a future Sim.  Thanks for that bit of advice.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 11, 17:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The placeholder idea is good.  I'm glad I thought of it.

On another issue, I have a level 5 Greek House in one uni, but it's in a very tiny house.  The party needs to move to bigger digs, now that there are more Greeks (plus it's a fugly maxoid house they're in right now).

If I move them in the normal manner, will they lose the charter and have to re-establish the whole Greek house thing all over again (re-pledge all the members etc?), or can they move and just carry on from where they left off?

(And yes, I know I'm way behind on all these learnings.)

Tribulatio proxima est
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 11, 19:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I move them in the normal manner, will they lose the charter and have to re-establish the whole Greek house thing all over again (re-pledge all the members etc?), or can they move and just carry on from where they left off?

I knew this answer at one time but I've forgotten it, so i ran a quick test.

If i try to move all the playable sims out of a Greek house, a warning box comes up that says that house will loose it's Greek House status once it's empty.

When i have 1 YA move out, but leave one there, the moved out YA can move back once it's placed in another university house/dorm, but I'm unable to move him into a Greek house directly from the NH Sim bin, even tho he's still a Greek member

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 11, 20:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When i have 1 YA move out, but leave one there, the moved out YA can move back once it's placed in another university house/dorm, but I'm unable to move him into a Greek house directly from the NH Sim bin, even tho he's still a Greek member

Cheers, GJS.  I'll have to try a few things this evening.  Worst case scenario, I suppose, is that I can move the sims to the new building, but will have to restart the Greek House with a new charter and re-pledge everyone.  If I time it to a change in semester, at least that will allow my starter sim to get her term papers written by the pledges.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 11, 21:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another alternative (which I was going to put in before, but I lacked the testing that GJS did) is to use the LotAdjuster to increase the acreage. Or, of course, build up.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 12, 01:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another alternative (which I was going to put in before, but I lacked the testing that GJS did) is to use the LotAdjuster to increase the acreage. Or, of course, build up.

Yes, I could do that.  Mind you, that would mean that all the work I put into remodelling the Sorority house and Fraternity house would be for nothing, and my cunning plan to ultimately have my Greek House there would just FALL APART!!11

No.  I believe I really must do things the hard way.  Now, my Greeks require funds to rent the new lot.  They must "dig for victoly" (like it's some kind of turnip), as the saying goes.  I think one solid sim-day of "macro-dig for stuff" by all current members should raise the required funds.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: