More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:03:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Newly made community lot leaves sims standing lost
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Newly made community lot leaves sims standing lost  (Read 3181 times)
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Newly made community lot leaves sims standing lost
« on: 2006 January 14, 22:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if this has happened in anyones game before.  I just created a new community lot and took my sims to it to test it out. My sims arrive and are able to interact with objects, go out to dinner, swim in the pool, hottuob etc.   Other sims who enter the lot just stand around and do nothing. They can be interacted with, talk, joke etc. but once my sim walks away they just stand there. They eventually leave the lot because of low motives I presume, but this is not normal behavior. All my other community lots are fine I took my sims to all of them that night to see if any others were affected this way.  There is nothing on this community lot unusual that my other community lots don't have.   I also noticed that the lot seemed to run slower than usual. This was only a 2 story w/swimming pool, hottub, coffee bar and restaurant. The lot next door was a 4 story hotel which had everything this one did and ran beautifully.  Is it possible that a lot can get messed up while building before it's even used?  And would'nt hacks affect all lots?
If anyone has any info on this sort of thing I thank you in advance. Smiley
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: Newly made community lot leaves sims standing lost
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 14, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure sounds like something has gone wrong but I have no idea what it could be myself. 

That sounds like what happened to me in some of my houses where corrupted inventory objects were placed on the lot.

Have you tried running it in debug mode and loading the lot to see if any errors pop up?
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 15, 00:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your feedback I will try that now. I don't really know if I would understand the log but I'll post what I see.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 15, 10:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this happen under a couple of instances -

One was where I had the maxmotives cheat on. When everyone's needs are filled and kept filled they don't want to do anything.
The other I didn't hav ethe cheat on but I suspect it was the same thing - broken mood boosts. The Lot debugger can fix these. On a community lot, if you don't already have it placed, you'll have to use the changelotzonging dorm cheat to enable buy mode and buy one to place. Good thing it's only 1 simolean!

Of course it could be something else, but definitely check those two out.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 15, 10:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it possibly be a furious sim at one of the portals slowing everything down?

Zephyr Zodiac
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 15, 16:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for all your suggestions. Smiley  I have found the culprit...so to speak.  Well I know it's the Maxis colonial bed that's corrupted, with debug on it gave me an error, once I took it out the lot was normal. Now I have to figure out which downloaded bed caused this to happen. My other lots that have this bed (original placement since beginning of game) do not have this problem, so it has to be something downloaded more recently. Strange....but at least I did'nt have to bulldoze my new lot. Undecided
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: