More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 19:56:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Hack Conflict
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack Conflict  (Read 3540 times)
glorified_g
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hack Conflict
« on: 2009 June 25, 06:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there. I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, and you guys seem cool so I figured I'd post here. Long time Sim player, but I just got into the Sims 3. I've been downloading things and it's all worked out until now. I had the penis mod (http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=172296) downloaded and it was working, but just the other day I downloaded a default replacement skintone from (http://www.insimadult.org/index.php/topic,37735.0.html) and now the cocks are coming out black. I've been using the MTS2 installer monkey, but the only problem is it doesn't let you uninstall anything. Right clicking 'install to hacks' just lets the hack go into nowhere land, unless there's a way to reach it.

So yeah, looks like I found a hack conflict. Any way I can delete the replacement male skintone? I'm not crazy about it and would much rather have the regular skintone than something custom with my males looking diseased below the waist. I tried replacing my downloads folder with a backup I made before I started playing, but with no luck. I just need to know how to delete the replacement skin through the installer monkey, or find some way to get totally rid of them. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack Conflict
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 25, 06:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried simply deleting the file?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 25, 08:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like [he] doesn't know where it is. The packages install to:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Or whatever your general equivalent is. Note, it is NOT My Documents.

And it's all weird on macs, someone else might know that.

ew, macs.

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 25, 11:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And after deleting the files, it's necessary to delete the simCompositorCache.package (I think. Just delete all the 4 cache packages, it doesn't hurt as they just regenerate) which is at "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3".

The reason is that skins don't auto update in TS3 as they do in TS2 and if you don't delete the cache it'll still show.

Trying to get rid of HP's hairy chest fug taught me that.
glorified_g
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 25, 16:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ashkitty, (I'm a she by the way), I don't have that folder. Was it supposed to install on its own after downloading something or was I supposed to install it? Either way, I have deleted the files and it hasn't helpled. I've also deleted, as MissKitty suggested, the simCompositorCache.package, but no others, so if they can all be removed, I'll try that. Thanks!

Edit, never mind. Found the mods folder through the C drive>Sims folder stuff. NOW I deleted the files. That should do it, I hope. Smiley Double edit, just checked and everything is back to normal! Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 16:35:41 by glorified_g » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: