More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 01:51:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Flashing Blue / Black born-in-game faces
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flashing Blue / Black born-in-game faces  (Read 5300 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Flashing Blue / Black born-in-game faces
« on: 2006 December 06, 09:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the 2nd time, i've got a born-in-game teen with a flashing Blue / Black face.  In gen 2 of my challenge, i had a Blue skin toned teen, who, whenever he was a visitor to other playables lots, have that flashing face.  Go to his lot and he's fine.  Once he transitioned, he was okay.  Now it's 3rd gen, and i've got another teen, this time with a Pink skin tone, who has that flashing blue/black face whenever he's a visitor.  It's not like those two were the only sims with that skin tone, i used it for a whole Class in my Royal Challenge.  Both have been male.  When it never happened to any other sims the first time and he grew out of it, i stopped worrying. 
   I also just noticed, that when he sat on the ground to 'hang-out', the flashing face hangs in the air above him.
   I have the Nvidia Beta drivers (which stopped the game freeze/blue screen of death).  Anything special i should be looking for in my downloads?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Flashing Blue / Black born-in-game faces
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 06, 16:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that once, and it was a townie face whom I had just moved in. I can't remember too well what I did, she was a child sim, so I just exited to neighborhood (I may have even saved it before), and when I went back in, she was fine (though I also tried to change appearace via mirror, dunno if that did it). I use a replacement skintone and had no problems before, and haven't updated my Nvidia drivers since OFB came out. And it only happened once and like I said, all my sims use the same skintone, none of the playables or other townies had that happen.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 06, 18:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim walk by with a flashing blue face once. It was an isolated incident however. I've also had sims with white faces with weird numbers or something on them, changing their apperence fixed that. I've also had sims faces disapear entirely and changing appearance fixed that.

It appears to be one of a class of random annoying graphical glitches.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 06, 21:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, i'll go to that teens lot, have him change his appearance and see what developes.  A;ppreciate the feedback.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 07, 17:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, happened again with some hats I downloaded yesterday, I changed appearance and it worked (even though I selected something else, then the same hats again)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 24, 01:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem once after placing the Re-Nu-Yu Senso Orb aspiration reward in a teen's inventory (I had planned on sending it to college with her). As soon I took it out, the problem ceased.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 24, 02:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmnnn,  i'll have to check that out.  I had 2 more a few days ago but none since.  And yes, i do think a very, very few of my teen sims had the orb in their inv but not sure if they were the same ones.  I'll see if they have similar stuff in their inv's.  So far, making them selectable then having them 'change appearance' but not actually changing anything have fixed each teen.   I've only got 45 teens left in this gen.   Wink

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 27, 22:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same problem with ONE person..

He was born ingame, towniefied, and looked fine at the time. He wandered past a PS's lot and gave me a shock. Other sims with the same skintone have passed looking perfectly normal.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2557/snapshot526326c9b299a07aa5.jpg
In that one, he's looking down at his shirt. The rest of his skin seems to be showing up just fine.. but not his face.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 27, 23:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really weird.  Even his scalp is the right color, just not his face.  Try opening him up with SimPE and compare his child data to his teen data.

Silly question: the other Sims with that same skin tone -- are any of them also teens? Maybe that skin tone is missing the teen face texture?
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 28, 00:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of them were booted out at teen.. lol

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 28, 11:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An update on checking those teens with ReNuOrbs in their inv.  One had it but not the others  Once i had them 'change appearance' the flashing stopped.  The rest of the teens with the same skin-tone had no problems.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: